Will you be disappointed if the Bears trade back with a great prospect on the board?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I'm hearing a lot of prognosticators speculating that it's a no-brainer for the Bears to trade back.

If it's there and it works out, cool. But thought exercise:

Let's say the Bears are sitting there at 9, and a guy like Rome Odunze or Joe Alt is still there.

You gonna be pissed if the Bears pass on a guy like that to get a 3rd rounder and move back into the teens?

If Alt or Odunze are tearing it up on their team during the season, you gonna be ok with that, because hey, at least the Bears got a 3rd rounder instead?

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I'm hearing a lot of prognosticators speculating that it's a no-brainer for the Bears to trade back.

Let's say the Bears are sitting there at 9, and a guy like Rome Odunze or Joe Alt is still there.

You gonna be pissed if the Bears pass on a guy like that to get a 3rd rounder and move back into the teens?

If Alt or Odunze are tearing it up on their team during the season, you gonna be ok with that, because hey, at least the Bears got a 3rd rounder instead?
No. Let Poles do what he wants. It’s his job.

Last edited:

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Absolutely... I understand that no pick is a guarantee of being a hit, but I prefer a high-caliber player if available at 9. I would not be excited if we just gave that away to drop 5-10 slots and add a lower probability shot in the 2nd or 3rd. Of course, it could work out... but there'd be nothing in the short term to be very optimistic about in that move.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Nah. I'm going to be in la la land hoping that our new QB proves to be a great one for us.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

At least half the board will be pissed regardless. Watching the meltdowns is part of the fun of draft night.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I'd be pissed doing it for only a 3rd. Getting a second I think would be worth it.

Maybe could still land Verse and a 2nd.

IMO, Verse + a 2nd > Odunze or Nabers.

Maybe get Verse + Xavier Legget for the price of one.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I mean it's not like anyone is going to trade up for a mediocre prospect on the board, so of course not.

Depends on the compensation. Getting back into round two would be worth it, IMO.
Agreed. But it would have to be a great offer. They have 8 picks next year....missing only a 7th rounder, I believe. Just take your best available players with the 4 this year. No need to be stupid.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
i would be dissapointed if the bears trade back with Rome and Alt still on the board if it leads to them not getting 1 of those 2 guys. if poles can trade backa spot or 2 and still get one of them, then okay cool

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
i would be dissapointed if the bears trade back with Rome and Alt still on the board if it leads to them not getting 1 of those 2 guys. if poles can trade backa spot or 2 and still get one of them, then okay cool
If they trade back but still get Bork Bowers I will be gr8.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yes. Especially WR. I think the top three WRs are elite, and much better than the later WRs. I would be very disappointed if they passed on Odunze (or, more unlikely, Nabers. I think Harrison goes top five). If they passed on Alt and got more picks with a similar LT I'd be okay. I don't know LT enough to really say he's that much better. I trust that the Bears will get this right and that they have a short list of blue chip players (IDK how many) and then a longer list of very good players with depth at LT, DE, and even WR. But I really want them to get one of the Harrison, Nabers, or Odunze to pair with our elite QB. That will be a great relationship for a long time. Allen will only be here a few years, the WR we draft will take over for him, moving from WR3 to WR2, and maybe even WR1 over time. DJM will be with us for a long time, IMO. He just turned 27, and WRs can play into the 30s.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
I would be disappointed if the Bears trade off 1 of Odunze/Nabers/MHJ because they are not likely to get a better prospect that fills a need for both the short and long term. I think thats the most realistic scenario for what is described in OP as I think there is 0% chance Alt makes it to 9. Those are the only "great prospects" for the Bears in the draft to me, TBF to Bowers if Bears didnt have Kmet and Everett I might bump him into that category too - hes going to be a great prospect for someone. But nothing about Turner/Murphy/Verse/Fashanu to me says "can not pass up this guy at 9" like the 3 WRs do .

Salvaged Ship

Liked Posts:
If Alt or one of the receivers is still on the board and we trade back I would be disappointed but reserve judgement until we see what we get and how the picks turn out. Thing is if the 4 QB’s, 3 WR’s, and Alt are gone I’m not sure who would be trading up and for what. If we move down I can’t believe we go down too far, just a few picks tops if all those guys are off the board and someone still wants to move up to 9. Our second round pick turned into Sweat, our 4th round pick turned into Allen, those are pretty amazing value for a 2nd and 4th rounder. The obsession with more draft picks is overrated in what most think is a top heavy draft. Sick of taking flyers on players you hope will turn out above average at best, we need elite. Quality over quantity please.

Beast15

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There’s this from nfl.com
CHI.png
Chicago Bears

KC.png
Kansas City Chiefs

CHIEFS RECEIVE:
  • 2024 first-round pick (No. 9 overall) | 1,350 points

BEARS RECEIVE:
  • 2024 first-round pick (No. 32 overall) | 590 points
  • 2024 second-round pick (No. 64) | 270 points
  • 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 131) | 41 points
  • 2025 first-round pick | 740 points (valued at the 24th pick in the round)

Kurtosis

Liked Posts: