Will you be disappointed if the Bears trade back with a great prospect on the board?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Would you rather have Jalen Carter or Darnell Wright?

msadows

Liked Posts:
There’s this from nfl.com
View attachment 37692
Chicago Bears

View attachment 37693
Kansas City Chiefs

CHIEFS RECEIVE:
  • 2024 first-round pick (No. 9 overall) | 1,350 points

BEARS RECEIVE:
  • 2024 first-round pick (No. 32 overall) | 590 points
  • 2024 second-round pick (No. 64) | 270 points
  • 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 131) | 41 points
  • 2025 first-round pick | 740 points (valued at the 24th pick in the round)

Terrible.

A draft thats top heavy any these clowns think the bears want to trade basically to the 2nd round so they can get essentially a 3rd and 5th round pick.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I won't be disappointed as long as CW is their first overall pick.

hckypro19ja

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Depends...if the trade back produces multiple pro bowlers then I wouldnt be mad. If it produces average/backup level players then yes it would be stupid

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I'm hearing a lot of prognosticators speculating that it's a no-brainer for the Bears to trade back.

If it's there and it works out, cool. But thought exercise:

Let's say the Bears are sitting there at 9, and a guy like Rome Odunze or Joe Alt is still there.

You gonna be pissed if the Bears pass on a guy like that to get a 3rd rounder and move back into the teens?

If Alt or Odunze are tearing it up on their team during the season, you gonna be ok with that, because hey, at least the Bears got a 3rd rounder instead?
I am only ok if multiple prospects they rank as equal are there and they still nab one of them.

Or if they have decided to go DE and those guys aren’t worth 9, so they trade down a bit and still get their guy. Verse or Latu for example.

Because I would not be upset with DE if it came with a 3rd.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Yes.

I recently saw a mock from one of the legit sites and it had the Bears trading back from 9 to 11 with Nabers on the board,... lol.

I'd be livid.
I want to add to this.

Being the proper Bears fan that I am, this is also what I fully expect to happen.

Zvbxrpl

Liked Posts:
Let's say the Bears are sitting there at 9, and a guy like Rome Odunze or Joe Alt is still there.

You gonna be pissed if the Bears pass on a guy like that to get a 3rd rounder and move back into the teens?

If Alt or Odunze are tearing it up on their team during the season, you gonna be ok with that, because hey, at least the Bears got a 3rd rounder instead?
Just a 3rd rounder—Alt? Yes. Odunze? No.

If a LT is as good as advertised, you have a leg up on the league. You can afford to ‘miss’ on a qb or take a guy who may not win you a game with his arm but he won’t lose it for you, and if you put that feather like SF has with a coach, scheme, and HOF LT, you have the luxury of taking a QB as ‘Mr irrelevant.’ You’ll still be a playoff threat. And a talented LT coming to a bottom 10 OL would be a refreshing breath of air.

WR, no. He’d be blocked with so many other pass catching threats. So while yeah, he’s a 1000 yard WR, but he’s a true X and getting the opportunities an X would for an offense, whereas here he’s not getting those opportunities.

Luke

Liked Posts:
I would be disappointed if the Bears trade off 1 of Odunze/Nabers/MHJ because they are not likely to get a better prospect that fills a need for both the short and long term. I think thats the most realistic scenario for what is described in OP as I think there is 0% chance Alt makes it to 9. Those are the only "great prospects" for the Bears in the draft to me, TBF to Bowers if Bears didnt have Kmet and Everett I might bump him into that category too - hes going to be a great prospect for someone. But nothing about Turner/Murphy/Verse/Fashanu to me says "can not pass up this guy at 9" like the 3 WRs do .

Although we may have an idea of the very top prospects, we truly don't know who the elite prospects on Poles board are.
Last year, Wright was consistently ranked in the high teens across all of the pundits boards yet Poles took him 10th.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Although we may have an idea of the very top prospects, we truly don't know who the elite prospects on Poles board are.
Last year, Wright was consistently ranked in the high teens across all of the pundits boards yet Poles took him 10th.
While this is true - its a given no one on this board knows Poles board in its entirety - its however not helpful or relevant to an OP that is asking for CCS' own opinion on a hypothetical.

BaBaBlacksheep

Jordan Sigler Super Fan
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I would be disappointed if the Bears trade off 1 of Odunze/Nabers/MHJ because they are not likely to get a better prospect that fills a need for both the short and long term. I think thats the most realistic scenario for what is described in OP as I think there is 0% chance Alt makes it to 9. Those are the only "great prospects" for the Bears in the draft to me, TBF to Bowers if Bears didnt have Kmet and Everett I might bump him into that category too - hes going to be a great prospect for someone. But nothing about Turner/Murphy/Verse/Fashanu to me says "can not pass up this guy at 9" like the 3 WRs do .

Pretty good former GM is a fan of Murphy

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I'm hearing a lot of prognosticators speculating that it's a no-brainer for the Bears to trade back.

If it's there and it works out, cool. But thought exercise:

Would be tough for me if they pass on Odunze but not as much on Alt just because i'm good with going with Braxton next year and see if he can show us more. If we pass on Odunze or Nabers then for me it depends on the return and what we get with those picks. I like players all the way through the 1st round so if we can get a WR, DT or DE with our 1st we get back and one of those with a 2nd or 3rd that we get back then i'll deal with passing on either of those two WR's.

Leon Sandcastle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm 100% just rolling with it. I can see an argument for multiple directions this year.
I'd love JPJ in a trade back personally

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There’s this from nfl.com
View attachment 37692
Chicago Bears

View attachment 37693
Kansas City Chiefs

CHIEFS RECEIVE:
  • 2024 first-round pick (No. 9 overall) | 1,350 points

BEARS RECEIVE:
  • 2024 first-round pick (No. 32 overall) | 590 points
  • 2024 second-round pick (No. 64) | 270 points
  • 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 131) | 41 points
  • 2025 first-round pick | 740 points (valued at the 24th pick in the round)
The 2025 1st needs to lose about a round of value. No way is their future 1st worth more than their current 1st in a trade. That said, we come up short in this trade.

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
The 2025 1st needs to lose about a round of value. No way is their future 1st worth more than their current 1st in a trade. That said, we come up short in this trade.

Future 1st is actually 1000. Although for KC I could see refusing to accept it as that high.