Will you be disappointed if the Bears trade back with a great prospect on the board?

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just a 3rd rounder—Alt? Yes. Odunze? No.

If a LT is as good as advertised, you have a leg up on the league. You can afford to ‘miss’ on a qb or take a guy who may not win you a game with his arm but he won’t lose it for you, and if you put that feather like SF has with a coach, scheme, and HOF LT, you have the luxury of taking a QB as ‘Mr irrelevant.’ You’ll still be a playoff threat. And a talented LT coming to a bottom 10 OL would be a refreshing breath of air.

WR, no. He’d be blocked with so many other pass catching threats. So while yeah, he’s a 1000 yard WR, but he’s a true X and getting the opportunities an X would for an offense, whereas here he’s not getting those opportunities.
This is a good take. Might I add that in todays NFL, which then translates down to the college and HS ranks...WR's like these will be more common as time goes on. It's a flag football world. I know the top 3 WR's sound amazing, but we're going to see more and more of that. Less RB's, less lineman, less "hitters."

So, if we can solidify our #1 QB with a franchise LT to protect him, let's see how Moore, Allen, Kmet, Swift and others play out.

Bearcub13

Liked Posts:
I'm hearing a lot of prognosticators speculating that it's a no-brainer for the Bears to trade back.

If it's there and it works out, cool. But thought exercise:

Let's say the Bears are sitting there at 9, and a guy like Rome Odunze or Joe Alt is still there.

You gonna be pissed if the Bears pass on a guy like that to get a 3rd rounder and move back into the teens?

If Alt or Odunze are tearing it up on their team during the season, you gonna be ok with that, because hey, at least the Bears got a 3rd rounder instead?
No!

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If they traded back, it would be BECAUSE there was a great prospect on the board for a team to trade up to get.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Future 1st is actually 1000. Although for KC I could see refusing to accept it as that high.
Huh? Every future 1st is not worth 1000 points, and definitely not KCs. Future picks generally lose about 1 round of value. There are other methods to do it to… but regardless of how you calculate it, a Chiefs future 1st will never be worth 1000 points. As I said, their future first will never carry a trade value higher than their current.

Reactions: Myk

Myk

85in25
Liked Posts:
Huh? Every future 1st is not worth 1000 points, and definitely not KCs. Future picks generally lose about 1 round of value. There are other methods to do it to… but regardless of how you calculate it, a Chiefs future 1st will never be worth 1000 points. As I said, their future first will never carry a trade value higher than their current.

It's 500. I was going off the top of my head.

A future is worth half the mid round value. #16 is 1000.
And I think 2 years in the future is half that again.

But again if it's KC you figure theirs should be half a low 1st rounder. So the NFL who should know better is way over valuing that future because they're trying speak the trade into existence.

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's 500. I was going off the top of my head.

A future is worth half the mid round value. #16 is 1000.
And I think 2 years in the future is half that again.

But again if it's KC you figure theirs should be half a low 1st rounder. So the NFL who should know better is way over valuing that future because they're trying speak the trade into existence.
Got it… makes sense now. Yea, we’re on the same page. I’d be pretty sick moving so low in the first. Would just be brutal. At minimum, I’d think the Bills would offer the same with higher current value.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm hearing a lot of prognosticators speculating that it's a no-brainer for the Bears to trade back.

Let's say the Bears are sitting there at 9, and a guy like Rome Odunze or Joe Alt is still there.

You gonna be pissed if the Bears pass on a guy like that to get a 3rd rounder and move back into the teens?

If Alt or Odunze are tearing it up on their team during the season, you gonna be ok with that, because hey, at least the Bears got a 3rd rounder instead?

All depends on who they are targeting in the trade back

And just to add... I know a lot of people are looking at the WRs and drooling, for good reason

But imo, OL is a bigger need and an even bigger help for CW

Would not be surprised if Poles trades back and takes an OL (or even DL) and goes WR later

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I like alt as an ‘alt’ernative to this bowers nonsense

BornAnAngryBearsFan

TF you lookin' at?!?!
Liked Posts:
There’s this from nfl.com
View attachment 37692
Chicago Bears

View attachment 37693
Kansas City Chiefs

CHIEFS RECEIVE:
  • 2024 first-round pick (No. 9 overall) | 1,350 points

BEARS RECEIVE:
  • 2024 first-round pick (No. 32 overall) | 590 points
  • 2024 second-round pick (No. 64) | 270 points
  • 2024 fourth-round pick (No. 131) | 41 points
  • 2025 first-round pick | 740 points (valued at the 24th pick in the round)

If Poles gives KC a shot at a top 3 WR, then someone in the room needs to slap the shit out of him.

Forty-six

Liked Posts:
I'm be upset. When is the next time the Bears will have a top 10 pick? If things go well with Caleb perhaps not for many, many years. Let's grab a top tier WR at 9 or Bowers or maybe OL help at 9, depending on how the draft falls. I want to surround Caleb with as much elite talent as possible to support his development into a top 5 QB. That should be the Bears goal these next 3 years.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Has to be a 2nd rounder to start a move down conversation. Also, if Nabers isn't there and Alt is, this would be my dream pick at 9. Trade/swing Braxton and pick a WR in round 3 and another next year.

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yes I'll be disappointed they need starters not just depth.

ndgt10

Liked Posts:
Cowherd has the Bears taking Verse at 9 and the Jets taking Odunze at 10.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cowherd has the Bears taking Verse at 9 and the Jets taking Odunze at 10.
I can live with it, but I'd be unhappy. It also depends on what they do at #75. If they get Pearsall, I'd be happier, but Pearsall is not Odunze.

FatRabbit

Liked Posts:
That doesn't happen. Rebuild has been completed. CW and MHJ are the last pieces. Cap space used. The estimate is that the record next season is 13-4 and the Superbowl is very possible.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

I would not be disappointed if Bears traded back passing on Odunze or Alt.

Because I fairly trust their assessment of talent and bust potential.

But mostly because I could see Bears trading back and still picking up one of Turner, Tatu or Verse. Unless they think all 3 of these guys really suck, I really can't excuse not getting an Edge for their 2nd pick.

Then I'd like to see the Bears use that capital to get a starting Inside Oline talent.

Then just get the best value of either DT or WR.