Yankees want Schwarber for Andrew Miller?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Which is why come playoff you have to hope for best matchup

Don't want to face a team like Nationals or Mets who top starters are strikeout pitchers

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

It places more value on guys like Almora and LaStella who put the ball in play more. You need guys like that to balance a high strike out line up.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
It places more value on guys like Almora and LaStella who put the ball in play more. You need guys like that to balance a high strike out line up.
I agree but you're not got going to see much of Almora or LaStella come playoff time...

Just have to hope guys like Rizzo Fowler Zobrist and Heyward can improve on that part of game

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I agree but you're not got going to see much of Almora or LaStella come playoff time...

Just have to hope guys like Rizzo Fowler Zobrist and Heyward can improve on that part of game

More so for next year. As far as this year the issue has been the pitching.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
More so for next year. As far as this year the issue has been the pitching.
What I'm a bit interested in seeing come ST/next year.
if Russell continues to struggle rest of year and Baez keeps having a good year..
Will they give Baez SS

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd prefer to keep Schwarber for sure. I wish they'd just give us the DH. Why do they make the pitchers bat? Most suck.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
What I'm a bit interested in seeing come ST/next year.
if Russell continues to struggle rest of year and Baez keeps having a good year..
Will they give Baez SS

I would consider it. 30% SO rate is way higher than he should be at. I believe the talent is there with him but he has some glaring holes going on in his hitting approach.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Actually, there was a proposal to introduce the DH in the 1920s

cubsmann

Liked Posts:

Are you insane bro? Why would we not be seeing Almora or LaStella come playoff time? That's when they're going to be counted on most. To come up and get a big hit, get on base, drive in a run from 2nd or 3rd. That's why they're playing now and learning hot to hit MLB pitching. Maybe Almora will end up getting closer to the plate (he should be talking to Anthony Rizzo about this since this guy crowds the plate and has been hit more than anyone in baseball again this year) and LaStella has been huge, The guy is hitting .871 OPS!! That is insanely good and exactly the type of guy we have been missing lately.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Are you insane bro? Why would we not be seeing Almora or LaStella come playoff time? That's when they're going to be counted on most. To come up and get a big hit, get on base, drive in a run from 2nd or 3rd. That's why they're playing now and learning hot to hit MLB pitching. Maybe Almora will end up getting closer to the plate (he should be talking to Anthony Rizzo about this since this guy crowds the plate and has been hit more than anyone in baseball again this year) and LaStella has been huge, The guy is hitting .871 OPS!! That is insanely good and exactly the type of guy we have been missing lately.

When LaStella and Fowler come back were going to have two guys hitting over .800 OPS which is insanely good.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I said not see much of.....
Meaning they definitely won't be starting any games and will be mainly used to PH.

And who knows if Almora will even be on the playoff roster, that all depends on what they do come deadline

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Fraction of the arm? Lol no, Schwarber has a strong arm. That's why they kept pushing him at catcher because of his strong arm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Schwarber has a very slow delivery from OF compared to the other position players. Catchers don't need the strongest arm on the team. They need to get the ball in the air quickly.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schwarber has a very slow delivery from OF compared to the other position players. Catchers don't need the strongest arm on the team. They need to get the ball in the air quickly.

Its not that noticeable. His arm is as strong as Bryant. The liability factor of him out there is no more than Soler in my opinion. People act like he is 300 pounds and moves like fielder. He moves well.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Have you see Schwarber recently? Put a few lbs on

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A guy like Schwarber is gonna gain 10 or 100 lbs from a bum leg for a month or three.

Seriously, that guy can obviously not look at food cross eyed without adding a lb. people acting like he isn't really big is some sort of defensive phenomenon from obese people. He isn't that fat, but he is THAT big. There is a reason people laugh that hard when he trips on first base.

There is a reason people comment on how well he moves....relative to how damn big he is its AMAZING.

Nobody points out how well Almora moves, it's an obvious given.