Yankees want Schwarber for Andrew Miller?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A guy like Schwarber is gonna gain 10 or 100 lbs from a bum leg for a month or three.

Seriously, that guy can obviously not look at food cross eyed without adding a lb. people acting like he isn't really big is some sort of defensive phenomenon from obese people. He isn't that fat, but he is THAT big. There is a reason people laugh that hard when he trips on first base.

There is a reason people comment on how well he moves....relative to how damn big he is its AMAZING.

Nobody points out how well Almora moves, it's an obvious given.

He weighs 235. lol Matt Holiday weighs more than him.

Last edited:

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is also 4 inches taller. LOL at Schwarber only being 235. He is a big boy.

Yes, he is a big boy. Who said he wasnt? But, he isnt Fielder and he can move. He is built like a linebacker. I dont know about you. But, they move pretty good. Thanks for the pro tip that he is a big boy doe.

Edit: He also moves better than Holiday.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Its not that noticeable. His arm is as strong as Bryant. The liability factor of him out there is no more than Soler in my opinion. People act like he is 300 pounds and moves like fielder. He moves well.
It is noticeable and Soler is also faster than Schwarber. Soler was getting better in OF before the injury. I had no problem with him in LF and Soler in RF, if that's how the Cubs were going to start the season.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is noticeable and Soler is also faster than Schwarber. Soler was getting better in OF before the injury. I had no problem with him in LF and Soler in RF, if that's how the Cubs were going to start the season.

Soler moves well for his size, but he doesnt open it up like he used to. I think he gets nervous over his continuous hamstring issues.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Everyone puts pounds on if they can't workout the lower half and get some cardio.

Yea, also, a lot of baseball players usually bulk up in the off season because they lose weight during the season from the everyday grind. Trout has said before he loses weight during the season, so he comes in a little heavier every spring.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Today on sportscenter ticker, I saw that Cashman and Mel Steinbrenner are at odds. Cash wants to sell, Mel wants to keep everyone. Looks like a new GM might be in the yankee future.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today on sportscenter ticker, I saw that Cashman and Mel Steinbrenner are at odds. Cash wants to sell, Mel wants to keep everyone. Looks like a new GM might be in the yankee future.

Are you from BrewersCubs?

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Soler is a top player in the outfield and someone who could play 1B and DH which is something the Yankees desperately need. I would pull the trigger on Soler for Miller any day. This would be a trade where both sides win. Its something that doesn't happen often, but the Yankees need to start rebuilding and adding Soler would be a great start. Soler is a potential .800 OPS with 25-30 HR and 80-100 RBIs. And the guy is an everyday outfielder and DH and is 24 years old. I saw him last year in the playoffs hit 4 HR's and drive in like 10 runs. The guy's upside is potentially huge and is something the Yankees would want more than Volgenbach who while has been good hasn't ever played in the majors.
Theo already has said over and over again that Schwarber is not on the table. Maybe he's full of shit which would explain why these rumors persist.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Soler < Miller

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
To get Miller the Cubs would have to trade Soler and 2 others. Soler is wildly overrated

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Soler would be rated if he wasn't on the DL close to half of his career paycheck.

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
To get Miller the Cubs would have to trade Soler and 2 others. Soler is wildly overrated
Agreed. We have enough young talent we can trade for what we need. We don't need to trade Schwarber.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Are you from BrewersCubs?

It seems like everyone left. left when IP started that facebook group. There was one question asked of the new owner and nobody has posted since he answered that he is just a friend of the old guy. Hope its not a problem.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The cubs started Soler's development up here in the big leagues. Mailee straightened out his swing and the ball stopped flying out of the park. After last years injurt, he came back late, Mailee put loft back in his swing and he was the best hitter on this club in the playoffs. Then they felt they needed Heyward so it put Soler on the bench. Maddon is excited to get him back. I hope to see Soler get the shot to stay, or I look forward to him winning a home run derby for his new team. Now everyone is looking for more kids to get moved and more names to come here. Personally, I got to looking forward to the build, I did not expect them to block these kids.