You Plan the new Cubs stadium

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Thought this would be an interesting idea to try.. Its now about 2012-2013 in timeframe.

Cubs to have new stadium open in 2015. Looking for ideas on the new park.

Since the Cubs weren't able to secure funding in the early part of this decade.. It has forced talk of building a new park.

The Cubs are looking for your input as a fan.. Whether you're a Cubs fan, Sox fan, Mariners fan.. Whatever MLB Team.. We want your real input.

There are some guidelines with this..

No anti Cub talk (this is supposed to be somewhat constructive.. yet fun)

There is no top to what you can think of.. There is a bottom though. You can't just give a random place.. and not give at least a thought of what the stadium looks like.. capacity.. amount of certain suites.. and any special features that would make the new stadium unique.

Feel free to put any extra details in.. Such as satellite view maps showing exactly where you think it should go.. Any sort of drawings showing what it could look like..

Thank You for your interest in this exercise

CNM's Cubs
:pacman2:

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
This is speculative right?

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Make a shark tank to drop Cardinal fans into.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Like the Marlins new stadium.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Basically.. Here's my rough plan..

It will be located near Montrose Harbor/Beach.. Within a short distance from the CTA elevated trains.. and its right next to Lake Shore Drive with ample space to build extra parking garages.

15cg0sl.jpg

The stadium itself will be slightly modeled after the modern Wrigley Field with some better features.. The obvious.. Video scoreboard.. stat scoreboard along with a newly rebuilt manual scoreboard..

16c0y7o.jpg

Obviously you also see the added 2nd deck to the bleacher area.. and the party deck in left-center.. This is a normal part of the modern MLB stadium.

There is also a fairly wide "Boardwalk" behind the bleachers that gives easy exit and entrance to the stadium facilities from the bleacher area.

The main part of the gameplay visible stadium will remain similar.. The press box will double in size.. The suites will be large (like the pnc club) but will stretch all throughout the infield upper deck. The seats will be larger and more spaced out.. With luxury seats up front.. (Like Yankee Stadium).

There will be modern food services.. Including Wine and Dine for the suites.. The party deck/upper bleacher seats will also be some of those all you can eat seats.. (Not all you can drink :smug2:)

In total the capacity will sit at 45,000 approx.

---

The area outside the ballpark I would like to remain with a similar commercial setup.. With restaurants and drinking establishments made available.. also with retail.. Even if it means that it would be a "Stadium Mall" that would be fine..

---

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It will be located near Montrose Harbor/Beach.. Within a short distance from the CTA elevated trains.. and its right next to Lake Shore Drive with ample space to build extra parking garages.

15cg0sl.jpg

The stadium itself will be slightly modeled after the modern Wrigley Field with some better features.. The obvious.. Video scoreboard.. stat scoreboard along with a newly rebuilt manual scoreboard..

16c0y7o.jpg

Obviously you also see the added 2nd deck to the bleacher area.. and the party deck in left-center.. This is a normal part of the modern MLB stadium.

There is also a fairly wide "Boardwalk" behind the bleachers that gives easy exit and entrance to the stadium facilities from the bleacher area.

The main part of the gameplay visible stadium will remain similar.. The press box will double in size.. The suites will be large (like the pnc club) but will stretch all throughout the infield upper deck. The seats will be larger and more spaced out.. With luxury seats up front.. (Like Yankee Stadium).

There will be modern food services.. Including Wine and Dine for the suites.. The party deck/upper bleacher seats will also be some of those all you can eat seats.. (Not all you can drink :smug2:)

---

The area outside the ballpark I would like to remain with a similar commercial setup.. With restaurants and drinking establishments made available.. also with retail.. Even if it means that it would be a "Stadium Mall" that would be fine..

---

no lights?

Matthew

Liked Posts:
What about a "Hall of Champions" area to display World Series Trophies... :lmao: Or did the last one disintegrate by now?

Just move the team to Portland... the payroll for the Sox will go up and everyone wins!

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Like dews plan, still has the Wrigley feel. except the Quebec part.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Here's my master plan:

Huge multi-purpose facility.

Includes:
2 Baseball Fields (Cubs, Sox)
2 Hockey Rinks (Hawks, Wolves)
1 Basketball Court (Bulls)
Retractable Roof
1 Football Field (Bears)
1 Soccer Field (Fire)

You get an all-day ticket and get to go to every game that's playing. Also includes a shrine to 1908 Cubs.

The Cell is used for a 3rd Chicago MLB team.

kaz03

Liked Posts:

15cg0sl.jpg

16c0y7o.jpg

---

---

You said you want to keep the same atmosphere in the area surrounding the park as there is now but by adding the second deck on the bleachers you are blocking the view from the rooftops so you will likely lose some of the atmosphere. Also why are you so concerned with the bleachers and the scoreboard, they are very iconic features to the park that shouldn't be changed but i agree with your ideas for the grandstand