You Plan the new Cubs stadium

kaz03

Liked Posts:
In my opinion the park should never be moved from its current resting place only rebuilt with modern amenities. If it had to move this would be my plan. clearly the most appealing place to put it would be on the lakefront and i think DewsSox79 found a very good spot for the park. Basically the same stadium would be build but the grandstand would be blown out to have room for all the modern amenities. The wrigley sign would be saved and put on the new park. For the bleachers they would be the same with the ivy and the original scoreboard. Behind the bleachers a street with shops and stores similar to what Baltimore's Camden yards has but it will be connected to the stadium after that street there will be buildings build with bars and rooftop seats. So people can buy a cheaper ticket to sit in the bars and on the rooftops so much like Target field it will have a large standing room capacity. Im not sure about the placement of the video scoreboard but i could be placed on the front of one of the rooftop buildings. With the standing room and extra grandstand seating the stadium would hold around 50,000 people. What i tried to do with this idea is bring the atmosphere from Wrigleyville and bring it to the lakefront with an improved venue.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Here's my master plan:

Huge multi-purpose facility.

Includes:
2 Baseball Fields (Cubs, Sox)
2 Hockey Rinks (Hawks, Wolves)
1 Basketball Court (Bulls)
Retractable Roof
1 Football Field (Bears)
1 Soccer Field (Fire)

You get an all-day ticket and get to go to every game that's playing. Also includes a shrine to 1908 Cubs.

The Cell is used for a 3rd Chicago MLB team.

No way that happens & it shouldn't. That would totally fuck with the economies in Chicago. Each team's areas pretty much rely on those teams. Plus the property values would plummet.

The worst part about a new stadium would be a jumbotron. I hate those things.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
You said you want to keep the same atmosphere in the area surrounding the park as there is now but by adding the second deck on the bleachers you are blocking the view from the rooftops so you will likely lose some of the atmosphere. Also why are you so concerned with the bleachers and the scoreboard, they are very iconic features to the park that shouldn't be changed but i agree with your ideas for the grandstand

There wouldn't be rooftops. The stadium would be moved to a completely different area.

I also wouldn't add anything to the scoreboard. If video boards have to be added, do it on either side of the scoreboard, not close to it.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
bosbpk01.jpg

bosbpk04.jpg

:shifty:

Rick

Liked Posts:
Just to know that the stadium wouldn't be in the middle of a neighborhood makes me happy. That neighborhood has had the Cubs by the balls for too long.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
No way that happens & it shouldn't. That would totally fuck with the economies in Chicago. Each team's areas pretty much rely on those teams. Plus the property values would plummet.

:obama:

My suggestion was far from serious... which was painfully obvious.

If this was a serious thing not just a game, I would have put more realism and effort into it.

And that post was from last year. :obama:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm about 90% sure that's Fenway Park. Green Monster is pretty evident.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

why? let me guess....because it takes away from the "wrigley experience". please.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've only been to the Cell once but they didn't have a Kiss Cam nor did they replay any highlights. There was at least one because Juan Uribe homered, but they didn't replay it. So it's probably up to the individual team how they use their Jumbotrons.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do we need a jumbo tron for exactly?

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Why do we need a jumbo tron for exactly?

We don't, but the current monitors@Wrigley are terrible...a new park/renovation needs to include monitors, particularly HP monitor feeds to show pitch movement.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We don't, but the current monitors@Wrigley are terrible...a new park/renovation needs to include monitors, particularly HP monitor feeds to show pitch movement.

Why do we need that? Just gives people an excuse not to pay attention.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd have no problems with a video screen just no stupid gimmick shit.

Show stats and replays and ads that's all.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you're not under the grandstand or in the upper deck, you won't even get that. Also, it takes your attention away from the field even more so than just lifting your gaze a few degrees to see a Jumbotron, then going back to the field.

Popinski Soda

Back in the USSR
Donator
Liked Posts:
Basically.. Here's my rough plan..

It will be located near Montrose Harbor/Beach.. Within a short distance from the CTA elevated trains.. and its right next to Lake Shore Drive with ample space to build extra parking garages.

15cg0sl.jpg

The stadium itself will be slightly modeled after the modern Wrigley Field with some better features.. The obvious.. Video scoreboard.. stat scoreboard along with a newly rebuilt manual scoreboard..

16c0y7o.jpg

Obviously you also see the added 2nd deck to the bleacher area.. and the party deck in left-center.. This is a normal part of the modern MLB stadium.

There is also a fairly wide "Boardwalk" behind the bleachers that gives easy exit and entrance to the stadium facilities from the bleacher area.

The main part of the gameplay visible stadium will remain similar.. The press box will double in size.. The suites will be large (like the pnc club) but will stretch all throughout the infield upper deck. The seats will be larger and more spaced out.. With luxury seats up front.. (Like Yankee Stadium).

There will be modern food services.. Including Wine and Dine for the suites.. The party deck/upper bleacher seats will also be some of those all you can eat seats.. (Not all you can drink :smug2:)

In total the capacity will sit at 45,000 approx.

---

The area outside the ballpark I would like to remain with a similar commercial setup.. With restaurants and drinking establishments made available.. also with retail.. Even if it means that it would be a "Stadium Mall" that would be fine..

---

Don't forget the plush, over-sized trophy case. You know, for all of our World Series trophies.

J