You Plan the new Cubs stadium

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sure once we build the new park.

:smug:

You'd like to think so eh.

I don't think a new park will make the Cubs instant winners but I don't think it'll hurt either. New facilities, new revenue streams, all that theoretically should improve both the fan experience as well as benefit the players.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lets start with what we should keep from the old stadium. The Scoreboard and Ivy walls need to stay. Maybe put some padding behind the ivy or something instead of being just a brick wall. Those are the two things that should stay.

As for a stadium lets move it to a new location because I don't think it should be in the middle of a neighborhood. What I would like to do is literally make an island right off the coast with a couple bridges reaching to it. Have 2 connect right to the highway and have 2 go into the city. Have the field in one place, have a hall for past cubs managers players etc like a big shrine in another. A huge parking lot with a few parking complexes, and a couple smaller fields for say little league games etc. have a boardwalk going around the island for the most part with shops, restraunts, etc. Have the park against the boardwalk kind of like Pittsburgh or SF.
But here is the thing I would like to have. Make a retractable roof for this thing. Take the weather out of it on some occasions where it needs it. But make it that so when the roof is opened up the ball can fly out into the bay, lake whatever it is . Double deck the stands in the outfield, make the park dimensions bigger then Wrigleys but not to much bigger. Maybe 380 425 365 or something like that where it can be a hitters park but it can be a pitchers park as well.

As for the outfield wall keep the Ivy wall but get rid of the brick so maybe put the BP in the outfield somewhere have one in left and one in right with something like the old yankee stadium where they have the memorials for players out in center field. Have a 10 ft wall all the way around padded and fences in front of the bullpens with i wrapped around the whole way.
Give the park some foul ground all the way around. Put a Digital scoreboard next to the old version. Put a jumbotron just cuz its a new stadium and they all have them. And have the front of the park the same as the current one with the sign etc.

Now this is in no way shape or form ever going to happen I doubt that they could even build the island for it let alone all the buildings and ball park. But it would basically be a baseball island. With things for everyone to do all year long. The Stadium is protected for the winter weather so it will be in good shape for a long time. Tons of goodies. Obviously I'm not bringing up batting cages and things like that because its way to specific but I would make the stadium family oriented like Citizens Bank Park.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd have no problems with a video screen just no stupid gimmick shit.

Show stats and replays and ads that's all.

gimmick shit and ads are pretty much the same thing, you will have gimmicks for in game cubs specific shit, and than other company ads.

baseball is not here to just give to the die hard stat nerds, but the casual fan as well. baseball is entertainment in a nutshell.

now as far as a new stadium. if yankee stadium can be torn down, and be re built, wrigley should be torn down with no 2nd guessing.

AnythingChicago

You'rrrrre out!
Liked Posts:
beforeaftercubs.png

Book it.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
gimmick shit and ads are pretty much the same thing, you will have gimmicks for in game cubs specific shit, and than other company ads.

baseball is not here to just give to the die hard stat nerds, but the casual fan as well. baseball is entertainment in a nutshell.

theres difference between gimmicks and ads.

You can put ads on the bottom of stat pages or have them sponsor replays.

Junk like kiss cam or the little race crap or rotate the cup thing is just stupid.

Baseball is entertainment. We don't need anything to distract us from what we are there for in the first place.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
theres difference between gimmicks and ads.

You can put ads on the bottom of stat pages or have them sponsor replays.

Junk like kiss cam or the little race crap or rotate the cup thing is just stupid.

Baseball is entertainment. We don't need anything to distract us from what we are there for in the first place.

If you're a baseball fan, like a die-hard fan, you're looking at the action on the field anyway. Every now and then they'll show a good replay or two and a jumbotron would be nice to have.

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A steaming pile of shit.... that is what I will give them if they stop playing at Wrigley.

If I don't get to take my not yet even imagined son to a baseball game at Wrigley Field I will stop watching baseball.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, I know. But they're not replacing Wrigley. Not in my lifetime. And I've still got awhile left to live...

I hope they win a World Series sometime soon, but I know it won't happen next year and not likely the year after either. I'd say 2014 would be the earliest they'd have a legit shot at this point.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have to win before the place falls down or they'll lose all their fans hahaha.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
No comments on Wrigley Island? lol

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
No comments on Wrigley Island? lol

I had a similar idea. I'd reclaim some land off of Navy Pier and have them play there. Close to public transit and all that. Wind would be crazy though hahaha.

AnythingChicago

You'rrrrre out!
Liked Posts:
I hope they win a World Series sometime soon, but I know it won't happen next year and not likely the year after either. I'd say 3014 would be the earliest they'd have a legit shot at this point.
Fixed. :p

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

now as far as a new stadium. if yankee stadium can be torn down, and be re built, wrigley should be torn down with no 2nd guessing.

Why tear down wrigley though? If they aren't gonna stay in wrigley, why stay in the neighborhood?

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why tear down wrigley though? If they aren't gonna stay in wrigley, why stay in the neighborhood?

Sure, turn it into a museum and play somewhere else. I like this idea too.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I personally hate teams trying to do a conservative take on new stadiums. Give up on the Wrigley feel 100%, because it will never, EVER, be the same.

Build something that is mind-blowing, a true landmark and marvel of the world.

Those North Korean Commies have the world biggest stadium. I say we build something that can seat more than 150,000 people.

Get creative, have screens, make it concert friendly, affix apartment complexes to the building, make it multi-purpose.

Hire the best civil engineers in the world, and make something this depressed human race, and the agonized cub fans can be proud of.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

you misunderstood my point. Wrigley cant be torn down, the cubs can move and build new, but it cant be torn down...just trying to make the point that if the yankees can move out of historic stadium, the cubs for sure could in regards to wrigley.