You Plan the new Cubs stadium

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you misunderstood my point. Wrigley cant be torn down, the cubs can move and build new, but it cant be torn down...just trying to make the point that if the yankees can move out of historic stadium, the cubs for sure could in regards to wrigley.

That makes more sense then.

I like Crys' idea. If they did a new stadium I would want something that would remind me of wrigley but also blow me away in the OMG this is awesome factor.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats

I like Crys' idea. If they did a new stadium I would want something that would remind me of wrigley but also blow me away in the OMG this is awesome factor.

LOL, I thought you said range factor when I was skimming, lol.

Uman85

Oh Yeah.
Donator
Liked Posts:
The new Cubs stadium, if built, should incorporate range factor and WAR. Only then would it be considered a success.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
The new Cubs stadium, if built, should incorporate range factor and WAR. Only then would it be considered a success.

Maybe they can have a scale representation of a terrorist missile's range factor during a war then.

poodski

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A steaming pile of shit.... that is what I will give them if they stop playing at Wrigley.

If I don't get to take my not yet even imagined son to a baseball game at Wrigley Field I will stop watching baseball.

This.

This times 13216479761565197946413654196797654397654312374987.2

People on here keep saying well we need to keep this from the old stadium and this and this and this.

if you want to recreate Wrigley why the fuck are you building a new stadium?!?!

kaz03

Liked Posts:
Must be a redesign of fenway because there is no scoreboard on top of the green monter and the grandstand has three levels (fenway only has 2), there is not two levels in right field in fenway, and fenway doesn't have a small diamond past is outfield.

kaz03

Liked Posts:
Crystallas, if the cant get funding to repair wrigley what makes you think they will have the money to build a stadium upwards of 3 billion dollars thats twice as much as yankee stadium. don't say it woulnt be that expensive because you would limit the extravagent luxuries because thats the whole reason to build it and the 150,000 seating would not sell out once in it lifetime if there are 162 games a year why would 150,000 people go to each game. the stadium would lose money and put the cubs and the city in even more debt than they are now. If the plan is to throw out the wrigley design completly the cubs are better off making a very nice jewel box stadium with great modern amenities. If you look at the stadiums currently in the mlb most of the modern stadiums get bad reviews and most of the popular stadiums in the league are either retro classic or jewel box designs(PNC Park, Citizens Bank Park, Camden Yards). If the great new modern stadiums are the best in baseball why did they add things to make U.S Cellular park look more like a classic jewel box park, because there was a lot of criticism on the parks modern design.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
you misunderstood my point. Wrigley cant be torn down, the cubs can move and build new, but it cant be torn down...just trying to make the point that if the yankees can move out of historic stadium, the cubs for sure could in regards to wrigley.

Why do so many wrongly assume Wrigley cannot be demolished?...it's only considered a city landmark which means the city council can vote for the wrecking ball.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Lots of good ideas. One idea that I don't think will ever happen is Wrigley Island. Here wa a proposal back in the mid 80's to add some land in the lake for the World's Fair. Massive uproar.

Plus I think if you filled in the land, you would change the shoreline.

Would they keep the pee smell in the new park or just improve upon that? *ducks*

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Wrong....

Unlike the Yankees, Wrigley is all that the Cubs have going for them most seasons.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

there will never be another wrigley, but you can make the new stadium have some of the flavor that wrigley did, and like you said, make it pretty much a sick place to watch baseball.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Winning > stadium

New stadium ---> potentially more money ---> winning?

Dunno about the winning in a new stadium thing, but more money is never a bad thing :D

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder if anyone's ever actually done a comprehensive study of how much it'd cost to truly renovate Wrigley Field such that it doesn't crumble under its own age. Also need to know how long said renovation will last. Because I'm about 95% certain it's more cost-effective to just build a new one and turn the old one into a museum than to keep spackling and supergluing the old one back together every year.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
I wonder if anyone's ever actually done a comprehensive study of how much it'd cost to truly renovate Wrigley Field such that it doesn't crumble under its own age. Also need to know how long said renovation will last. Because I'm about 95% certain it's more cost-effective to just build a new one and turn the old one into a museum than to keep spackling and supergluing the old one back together every year.

Why not utilize certain parts of the old Wrigley in a new park?....such as the bathroom troughs...kidding...scoreboard/outfield walls and such.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I think its been done a few times in the past decade.. Obviously we don't know how comprehensive it was but even a general idea easily says what needs to be done.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think its been done a few times in the past decade.. Obviously we don't know how comprehensive it was but even a general idea easily says what needs to be done.

You should post it so everyone knows easily what needs to be done :D