1st Round Options...

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
trying to bring Romo here makes absolutely no sense vs drafting our own Qb.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Sheer amount of talented QBs? The gradings on all of them are early second round at best. Not one QB has separated himself from the pack. I had high hopes for Watson this year that he would be the guy that did it. He looked tremendous against Alabama. Now he looks like he forces things anytime he tries to make a play down the field.

Kizer started out strong and then completely fell apart. Much like the entire Notre Dame football team.

I never like Johnny come lately types like Trubisky and physically he doesn't blow me away.

There are a jumble of QBs who all grade out about the same with no one looking like a first round level QB much less a top-5 guy.

It'd be great if one looked like James Winston or Mariota where they've strung together some consistency and growth and shown some leadership. But it's literally a group of guys who may wind up being the least desirable crop of QBs in five years.

We knew it'd eventually get to this point based simply on the systems in place at the college level. Guys can come out of nowhere or can look good solely based on their system.

if I'm understanding this correctly, the top prospects that are 1st round caliber are equivalent to the guys you can acquire in later rounds. which means you can use that 1st round pick on another position and gain a legitimate player instead and just peruse what's available at QB later.

and shouldn't we wait until the combine to see who's who coming up in the draft?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
one of the big things we should look for in a Qb is leadership ( had we done that in 1st place we might not be in our current situation)

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
trying to bring Romo here makes absolutely no sense vs drafting our own Qb.
We can do both,and that makes alot of sense.Tony can mentor for a year or 2 before we throw the kid out there

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lets not forget we need a pair of OT's for any QB to make it in this offense. Leno might make it if we get a lefty.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Big day for QB evaluations!!!!

Mitch Trubisky vs NC State @ 11am on ESPN

Luke Falk vs Jake Browning @ 2:30 pm on FOX

doctorbear

Liked Posts:
We can do both,and that makes alot of sense.Tony can mentor for a year or 2 before we throw the kid out there

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Why the hell would Romo want to come to this trash, loser franchise to end his career to mentor another player? Use your head. There are average to good teams who will want him and can become great teams with him.

And to the moron above who said that the 1st round QBs are equivalent to the later round QBs. How the fuck does that make sense? I mean why would you even type out that thought without thinking it's completely stupid.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
I'm a huge TN fan. I know Dobbs is very intelligent, but he doesn't have what it takes to be a successful NFL QB.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
End up with the 2nd overall pick and you are guaranteed Garrett or your choice of QBs.

It really is that simple.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
He better. Down to a sub .500 at home. His one year wonder status scares me.

Have you watched the entire game? The defense gave up a TD on their first play. They gave up 2 TD's within 5 plays. He's also had 5+ drops today which is pretty uncanny for this UNC group.