1st Round Options...

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Unfortunately we may not see Bridgewater's full potential after his injury, but the Vikings were expecting him to make another leap in his development this season. I'm just saying that you don't have to use your first pick on a QB just because you have the need for one. The Jaguars took Bortles at #3 in that same draft as Carr and Bridgewater. He's not awful, but he hasn't proven to be the franchise QB they hoped for either. They could've had Mack; instead they're still trying to find that pass rusher for their defense.

If Pace isn't in love with any particular QB with that first pick, why reach for one? Take the best talent there.

True that. For me tho it's Garrett, POSSIBLY Allen. I'd really have to think about Allen over a QB. Other than that they should have done their homework on somebody between Trubisky & Kizer if they are in position for either.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
I love Watson. Heard all of the same things regarding Mariota but I never bought it. All of these prospects are going to need development but Watson has everything you could ask for and while its tough to judge a mental makeup from the outside it is apparent he is cool and calm under pressure and no lights are too bright for him.

If you like jay cutler withless intelligence sure.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Stiff competition for sure but I have faith. Resume is pretty strong and there is still plenty of time to go.

wazzupi is alright when he's not having a space cadet moment, he just has a lot of those.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Posts like these are the reason you are a lock for potato of the year.

I'd love to write an article with gifs and pictures explaining how bad Watson is, to say he could start in the NFL is a detriment to the QBs playing in the NFL.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I'd love to write an article with gifs and pictures explaining how bad Watson is, to say he could start in the NFL is a detriment to the QBs playing in the NFL.

Love the use of the word detriment here. Keep up the good work. I would love if you wrote an article.

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
Unless we get an insane offer, don't trade down and grab an elite talent. If Pace grades a QB at a top 5 slot, great, but if not grab an elite defensive player and continue to build that side of the ball. We are 1-2 impact players from being a defense that teams fear. Pairing Garrett with Floyd could be the dominant book ends That great D have.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Unless we get an insane offer, don't trade down and grab an elite talent. If Pace grades a QB at a top 5 slot, great, but if not grab an elite defensive player and continue to build that side of the ball. We are 1-2 impact players from being a defense that teams fear.

Too bad we're nearly 11 players away from being an offense that teams fear.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
The only way i'd want Jimmy G is if J.McDaniels came with him and that's if McDaniels even thinks he's the real deal for another team or if he's the product of a winning situation with the Patriots.

But if we hired Mcdaniels,wouldnt he be bringing that patriot offense with him? What I saw from Jimmy G do this year,he was absolutely destroying teams.Did you see what he did to the dolphins in not even a half? 199yards and 2 TD's..

Jimmy G is a stud and needs to be brought back to the great state of Illinois.If garret is on the board at #2 Pace has to take him and trade up for Kaaya or Trubisky or whatever the fuck his name is.

OR...we sign Tony Romo and draft Garrett and trade up like above stated....it's really a win win,I truly believe that Cutler is a cancer to this team and needs to be OUT as soon as heavenly possible.

We could always franchise Alshon and trade him and a Third for Romo,that is if he is not released but I assume Jerry wants draft pics and good players.

We will have a good QB next year guaranteed,expect Mike McCoy to be brought in for the OC job being that he will be fired after the season,and I believe he will be an awesome offense mind that could help ANY of the stated QB's Above.All that assuming Fox is still here which I KnOW he will be.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Have his drafts helped improve our record? (no)

Has he drafted a young QB in two drafts despite a desperate need at the QB position? (no)

Look, I'm well aware Pace has hit on a few picks. So did Angelo. So did Emery. You say he's done very well.... I'd say he's done average at best.

Fact is this team is a total shit show and it has Pace's fingerprints all over it. The arrow is pointing down instead of up.

You clearly haven't even tried looking up the last two draft grades. Top 3 "As" by the experts who matter, not various homer hack writers.

Glad to hear "you'd say average at best". Were you also bitching that Theo was terrible because the Cubs sucked in year two of his tenure? Jeebus have some patience and don't get so butthurt the Bears are losing close games with NFL leading injuries to the team with the least depth.

Losing now while giving the youth some experience is exactly what this team needs - along with a few more good drafts. Unless you expect to have and hit on 10 players per draft and avoid injury bug, how did you possibly expect the this year's team to be legit when starting with so little?!?

I'm glad we don't have a new QB trying to develop with this currently shitty team. He'd be seein ghosts and running for his life if not on IR himself with the rest. You build a team and get the power players LAST ie. starting pitching and QBs. Not saying Pace is NFL's Theo but damn your expectations are so far from realistic. Patience.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I disagree.

Pace should be held accountable.

Whether 30 other teams did or not pick him either is irrelevant. Like I said, most, by that point were not looking for a QB. We were.Ryan Pace himself met with and evaluated dak and decided he was not worth using one of his three 4th round picks on. That's a mistake.

Dak Prescott would have been drafted much higher, probably in the 2nd round had he not got a DUI before the NFL combine. It seems everyone is forgetting this. It's very possible that turned off teams including pace.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
If Deshone Kizer = Russell Wilson 2.0 and Myles Garrett = Von Miller 2.0, which one is the most logical pick (if they are both available when Chicago picks)?

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
If Deshone Kizer = Russell Wilson 2.0 and Myles Garrett = Von Miller 2.0, which one is the most logical pick (if they are both available when Chicago picks)?

Myles Garrett AKA Von Miller 2.0

The reason the Seahawks were so successful was because of that Defense

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
3 Issues:

1). We will know ALOT more about QBs after the super bowl. The last few years have seen a tremendous swing in QB evals after the season is over. Looking more at mechanics and less stats.

2). Arguably, the NFL as a whole has gotten better about QB evaluations the last few years. The early 1st round bust % has lowered. Years ago, you would not see a small school prospect like Wentz rise as far as #2.

3). Pace hasn't had the 3rd or 4th overall yet. That is a much better position to grab a starting QB than 7 or 11. All the top prospects were well off the board for QB in his prior drafts (and for your Prescott pushers, Fuck off, show me the post where you ranted about Tom Brady and you can talk shit like you are a GM).

Actually I remember draft night pretty well. I was pushing and pushing for Pace to draft a quarterback and there were a few fans here that were high on Prescott.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
Dak Prescott would have been drafted much higher, probably in the 2nd round had he not got a DUI before the NFL combine. It seems everyone is forgetting this. It's very possible that turned off teams including pace.

Agreed. Even I was high on Prescott until the DUI. After that I figured he was another Johnny Football in the making.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
The best thing the Bears could do is to draft Garrett to pair with Floyd and then draft the best QB available in round two. There is no guarantee that the first round QB will be better than the best QB available in the second round. So draft the sure thing to work to transform that defense into elite level pass rushing and get a QB to groom. If Floyd turns into what we think he can be based on this season and Garrett is BETTER you have what the Broncos have Miller and Ware and a developing secondary.

I did some research before the 2016 draft and found that the Bears hadn't drafted the #1 or #2 or even #3 quarterback taken in the draft. It's always been #4 or #5 or worse even when taking one in the first round. Taking the fifth best quarterback in the draft most times ain't gonna get you shit even if they are a first round pick. There lies the Bears problem. If they have an opportunity to draft a game changing franchise quarterback, which would also be the #1 or #2 quarterback on the board, do it! Fuck all the other positions! That's the one position they need to fill badly and haven't throughout franchise history. It would be the biggest mistake ever made by this organization and if they continue to suck at quarterback and they still don't win championships after not drafting the quarterback they should have, ain't nobody gonna feel sorry for em looking back at what could have been in the 2017 draft.