1st Round Options...

strockrocks

Liked Posts:
I live in Denver and news on the street is that the Broncos don't love lynch. Maybe he will turn out ok but I don't think they are convinced he's the guy for them.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dak Prescott would have been drafted much higher, probably in the 2nd round had he not got a DUI before the NFL combine. It seems everyone is forgetting this. It's very possible that turned off teams including pace.

I didn't even remember the DUI. I was high on him during the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
My whole point is Pace has screwed up by not taking a swing at a QB. If he's that brain dead that he won't even take a chance over two years of drafting when he has Cutler for his QB.... then I have no faith in him making the right choice this year.

With the first pick in the 2017 NFL draft the Cleveland Browns select, Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M.

Entire Chicago Bears fan base pumped up that we have the first selection at a quarterback! Is it gonna be Trubisky, Watson or Kizer?!

With the second pick in the 2017 NFL draft the Chicago Bears select, Jonathan Allen, DE/DT, Alabama.

And suddenly the entire Chicago Bears fan base is either livid or depressed as fuck or both.

Training camp approaches and Jay Cutler is still taking first team snaps ...

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If Deshone Kizer = Russell Wilson 2.0 and Myles Garrett = Von Miller 2.0, which one is the most logical pick (if they are both available when Chicago picks)?

The QB. I'll take a top 8 QB over the best pass rusher in the game a thousand times out of a thousand.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
The QB. I'll take a top 8 QB over the best pass rusher in the game a thousand times out of a thousand.
I see your point and i agree with you,but the broncos and seahawks won their super bowls with dominating defense,not because of great QB play.

But id be happy with either Kizer or Garrett..

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Myles Garrett AKA Von Miller 2.0

The reason the Seahawks were so successful was because of that Defense

No ... Wrong answer.

Yeah like the defense has had to compensate for Russell Wilson's lack of productibility.

2016 Regular Season
COMP % 66.0
YARDS 2,714
TD 11
INT 2
RATING 99.3

Career
COMP % 64.9
YARDS 16,688
AVG 8.06
TD 117
INT 36
RATING 101.4

You just have to take the best quarterback in that scenario. That is the one position this franchise hasn't been able to get right since Sid Luckman. They simply have to. No ifs ands or buts about it. Totally understand Myles Garrett could possibly be the greatest pass rusher since <insert HOFer or future HOFer> but the Bears need a franchise quarterback they can build around more so.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I see your point and i agree with you,but the broncos and seahawks won their super bowls with dominating defense,not because of great QB play.

I'm 95% sure the Browns draft Garrett. Kessler looks like he's worth taking another year to develop, and I think they take the sure impact player. If that happens and the Bears take Allen or trade down, I will likely break anything that's glass or plastic in close proximity.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
No ... Wrong answer.

Yeah like the defense has had to compensate for Russell Wilson's lack of productibility.

2016 Regular Season
COMP % 66.0
YARDS 2,714
TD 11
INT 2
RATING 99.3

Career
COMP % 64.9
YARDS 16,688
AVG 8.06
TD 117
INT 36
RATING 101.4

You just have to take the best quarterback in that scenario. That is the one position this franchise hasn't been able to get right since Sid Luckman. They simply have to. No ifs ands or buts about it. Totally understand Myles Garrett could possibly be the greatest pass rusher since <insert HOFer or future HOFer> but the Bears need a franchise quarterback they can build around more so.
Im not saying your wrong,but there are going to be other options at QB in the second and the Browns will probably pick Kizer anyway.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:

Gotta take the QB. Just got to. The defense we gotta believe will be fine and they'll build it up more, but not with the #2 or #3 pick. That offense needs to be settled with the future franchise QB. Thats first before anything else. After the QB is settled, sure why not? But right now that offense needs their QB and right now that defense has Floyd.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
If Deshone Kizer = Russell Wilson 2.0 and Myles Garrett = Von Miller 2.0, which one is the most logical pick (if they are both available when Chicago picks)?

I'll take the QB. Since they touch the ball every possession they have more opportunities to turn the game around. I took Von Miller's best season in his career and even with 18 sacks out of a thousand+ snaps that's still a sack roughly 2% of the time. Of course it doesn't take the intangibles into account like him taking other players out of the play and letting his teammates finish, and I couldn't find tackles for loss , pressures, etc...

If we can get a Wilson like player at QB take him and keep it moving.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Gotta take the QB. Just got to. The defense we gotta believe will be fine and they'll build it up more, but not with the #2 or #3 pick. That offense needs to be settled with the future franchise QB. Thats first before anything else. After the QB is settled, sure why not? But right now that offense needs their QB and right now that defense has Floyd.
The QB position could be settled with Jimmy G,IMO.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
Im not saying your wrong,but there are going to be other options at QB in the second and the Browns will probably pick Kizer anyway.

Even if it's the #2 QB on the board, the Bears gotta pull the trigger. Whether it's Kizer, Trubisky, Watson what have you. They gotta pull the fuckin trigger. Simply can't keep putting the QB position off especially when there's a golden opportunity right there in your lap. You take it! When was the last time the Bears were able to draft one of the top three QBs in a draft and actually pulled the trigger?

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Uh yeah no, he hasn't proven anything and if the Patriots take anything less than a 1st, then there is something bad going on.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Even if it's the #2 QB on the board, the Bears gotta pull the trigger. Whether it's Kizer, Trubisky, Watson what have you. They gotta pull the fuckin trigger. Simply can't keep putting the QB position off especially when there's a golden opportunity right there in your lap. You take it! When was the last time the Bears were able to draft one of the top three QBs in a draft and actually pulled the trigger?
You can get Trubisky in the second,and thats a given.i want no part if Watson,guy is going to be a giant fucking bust.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:

What do we know about Jimmy G? What would the Patriots be willing to accept for Jimmy G?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

I think that if they are smart they could trade down and get another first round pick and use the two to get the best LT in the draft along with a good QB prospect. Then they go get a WR or CB with their 2nd pick.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
What do we know about Jimmy G? What would the Patriots be willing to accept for Jimmy G?
He could probably be had for a 2nd and then we could draft Garrett in the first.. .This is the best case scenario.

dabears584

Bears Fan For Life TT&T
Liked Posts:
You can get Trubisky in the second,and thats a given.i want no part if Watson,guy is going to be a giant fucking bust.

Kaaya, Falk, Watson, Trubisky, Kizer ... Let's just wait and see who rises to the top of the board and whoever that is should be the guy. There should be no excuse after this upcoming draft as to why the Bears still don't have a franchise QB on their roster. Just sayin!

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
He could probably be had for a 2nd and then we could draft Garrett in the first.. .This is the best case scenario.

Jimmy is going to get a huge contract for no reason soon. If the team that knows him best and will be in need of a QB soon doesn't want to pay him, why do we? And more likely a 1st on top of that? No thanks.