2015 NCAA Tournament Discussion

JimJohnson

Liked Posts:
Who is the "girly man?"

Who said that CBB needs to become the NBA?

I just think the game has deteriorated to a great degree on the offensive end generally and is hard to watch...

I don't think people are taking exception with the message as much as the messenger. It's just odd that Geno, who coaches women's basketball, is trying to tell the rest of the country that the more popular league is hard to watch. It's just an odd, very odd statement for him to make when the majority of the country would rather be waterboarded than have to sit through 3 minutes of women's cbb.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Duke is a bunch of floppers. I can't believe paid referees still fall for that garbage.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think people are taking exception with the message as much as the messenger. It's just odd that Geno, who coaches women's basketball, is trying to tell the rest of the country that the more popular league is hard to watch. It's just an odd, very odd statement for him to make when the majority of the country would rather be waterboarded than have to sit through 3 minutes of women's cbb.

I'll occasionally watch women's basketball if it comes on and my remote is across the room. I think it's fine. But I don't care for the guy calling the men's version a joke. He's collecting trophies in an inferior league. He should grow a pair and play with the big boys or he should stfu.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I thought it was a good game. Duke may be floppers, but imo there were an equal amount of no calls/bad calls on both sides. Allen was the key to Duke's victory...Wisconsin had no answer for him and then Tyus Jones was able to close it out from there. Wisconsin's offense was infuriating to watch...missed a lot of post up opportunities with mismatches with Hayes, Dekker, and Kaminsky at various points. Kaminsky was also pretty tentative imo...he should've shot way moree. Dekker was also trash outside of a couple garbage baskets.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wisconsin squandered a lot of scoring opportunities. Bad calls went both ways, no excuses for Wis. In my opinion they had the game and couldn't close it out. Give credit to Duke.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wisconsin squandered a lot of scoring opportunities. Bad calls went both ways, no excuses for Wis. In my opinion they had the game and couldn't close it out. Give credit to Duke.

I thought Wisconsin was more of a victim of the bad calls but regardless of that, they pissed the game away. I don't credit Duke for winning as much as I credit the Badgers for losing.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, Kentucky loses to Wisconsin and it was Wisconsin that won the game. Duke beats Wisconsin. Wisconsin beat themselves. The refs did it. They are floppers. LOL Wisconsin got owned with two of Dukes best players non existent for more then half the game because of foul trouble that yall bitch about. Its hilarious. Duke won the game. No other way. Also, Coach K out coached Bo Ryan. Period. He found weaknesses in Wisconsin and exploited it. A veteran team crumbled where a young team rose. Thats 5 titles for Duke. Haters gonna hate. Especially Jim Johnson, he looks like the douche of all douches today. Congrats sir.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, Kentucky loses to Wisconsin and it was Wisconsin that won the game. Duke beats Wisconsin. Wisconsin beat themselves. The refs did it. They are floppers. LOL Wisconsin got owned with two of Dukes best players non existent for more then half the game because of foul trouble that yall bitch about. Its hilarious. Duke won the game. No other way. Also, Coach K out coached Bo Ryan. Period. He found weaknesses in Wisconsin and exploited it. A veteran team crumbled where a young team rose. Thats 5 titles for Duke. Haters gonna hate. Especially Jim Johnson, he looks like the douche of all douches today. Congrats sir.

I wouldn't give Coach K credit, he put in the next guys up and they performed. If you want to say he out coached Ryan by making Wis miss their shots down the stretch then ok, but Wis shooting went cold at the end of the game. Wis free throw shooting in the 1st half hurt them.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wouldn't give Coach K credit, he put in the next guys up and they performed. If you want to say he out coached Ryan by making Wis miss their shots down the stretch then ok, but Wis shooting went cold at the end of the game. Wis free throw shooting in the 1st half hurt them.

Coach K called all the offensive plays. He killed them on the curls. He found their weakness. He put Jefferson on Kaminski and locked him down when Duke desperately needed it. He rallied the troops multiple times when the game almost got away from Duke. Your post is the perfect lulz to haters gonna hate. Coack K is the greatest modern day coach in college basketball. Over Dean Smith over anyone.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Coach K called all the offensive plays. He killed them on the curls. He found their weakness. He put Jefferson on Kaminski and locked him down when Duke desperately needed it. He rallied the troops multiple times when the game almost got away from Duke. Your post is the perfect lulz to haters gonna hate. Coack K is the greatest modern day coach in college basketball. Over Dean Smith over anyone.

No to the bolded, and No to the red.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There would be a few coaches that could be in that conversation, use your imagination.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Your post is the perfect lulz to haters gonna hate. Coack K is the greatest modern day coach in college basketball. Over Dean Smith over anyone.
I don't know about that. Coach K has a maddening profile over the last 15 years. He's got two national titles, but then has all these completely underachieving teams.

How many times has Duke been a #1 then lost in the Sweet 16?

Then there's 2012 and 2014 where his #2 seeded team lost in the first round to Lehigh and then #3 seeded team lost to Mercer in the 1st round.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know about that. Coach K has a maddening profile over the last 15 years. He's got two national titles, but then has all these completely underachieving teams.

How many times has Duke been a #1 then lost in the Sweet 16?

Then there's 2012 and 2014 where his #2 seeded team lost in the first round to Lehigh and then #3 seeded team lost to Mercer in the 1st round.

12 Final Four appearances Tied for first in history

5 National Championships second in history

Most wins in college basketball history

Most wins in Tourney history and its not even close

So, tell me again how you point out to underwhelming teams? Its not even close. Dont let your hate for Duke stop your knowledge of the sport.