2018 Bears - Perception does NOT equal Reality

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Non-debatable proof this is a good year for the Bears:

Idiot attempt by 1 attention-seeking person attempting to down play how GOOD of a year the Bears are having results in 10+ people taking the bait and arguing the counter.

1:10 idiot:logical ratio of reasoning for the Bears being good!

I can hardly remember a time this last happened!

A typical Bears year results in an idiot Homer saying the Bears are better than they are, resulting in 10 counters.

What a FANTASTIC year!!
What ya trying to say, fella? Your post isn't too intelligible. Sound like one of those easily butt hurt fans that hate facts cause that's all that's in the OP, straight up facts, brother. Does the truth scare ya or do you just get angry when people don't perceive things as you do with those blinders on?

jonimus

Liked Posts:
What is your perception vs. reality of how many games Khalil Mack alone has turned a Bears loss to a win on the season. I would say at least +2. That's a game-altering player.

How about perception vs. reality of how much Khalil Mack costs to the bears. 2 early 1st rounders vs. 2 late 1st rounders.

Dang it!! I fell for it!!

But seriously, any attempt to say Khalil Mack has not been everything PLUS what the Bears needed is either trolling or complete cluelessness. How do our ends look without a Khalil Mack. What's the perception vs. reality of Mack on this team vs. another. Was defensive end a need for the Bears or is it too hard for you to remember that far back?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is your perception vs. reality of how many games Khalil Mack alone has turned a Bears loss to a win on the season. I would say at least +2. That's a game-altering player.

How about perception vs. reality of how much Khalil Mack costs to the bears. 2 early 1st rounders vs. 2 late 1st rounders.

Dang it!! I fell for it!!

But seriously, any attempt to say Khalil Mack has not been everything PLUS what the Bears needed is either trolling or complete cluelessness. How do our ends look without a Khalil Mack. What's the perception vs. reality of Mack on this team vs. another. Was defensive end a need for the Bears or is it too hard for you to remember that far back?

Can't point to a single game and say Mack won that. Which 2 are you thinking of? My curiosity is peeked.

What I said, if you read correctly, was he has not been as good, this season, as he was with Oakland. I then pointed to the QB pressures as proof of the drop off in QB pressures. He had 98 qb pressures for Oakland in 2016. He had 79 last year and just 45 for the Bears now. What is your dispute? There is a huge difference in that level of productivity.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Spartan,
Your post has a "would a, could a, should a" feel to it.

Bears are surprising me this season. Expectations have been met and exceeded for me... for this season.
Next season, my expectations will be high with all the room for let down.
But not this year. No one really thought we'd do shit. And we are doing all kinds of shit. I am happy.
Are you upset with the Bears?... being in first place?
I'll let you borrow my rose colored glasses. Go ahead try them on.
Now say it. Say you are happy the Bears are in first.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Spartan,

Bears are surprising me this season. Expectations have been met and exceeded for me... for this season.
But not this year. No one really thought we'd do shit. And we are doing all kinds of shit. I am happy.

I truly don’t think he’s a bears fan so I doubt he’s happy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Can't point to a single game and say Mack won that. Which 2 are you thinking of? My curiosity is peeked.

What I said, if you read correctly, was he has not been as good, this season, as he was with Oakland. I then pointed to the QB pressures as proof of the drop off in QB pressures. He had 98 qb pressures for Oakland in 2016. He had 79 last year and just 45 for the Bears now. What is your dispute? There is a huge difference in that level of productivity.

You are mentioning his pressures in the Raiders system, where he got far more of opportunities to "pressure" the qb.
He is now in a cover 2 under system where he is required to drop back in coverage more and he also missed 2 games;he never missed a game for the Raiders.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spartan,

Of course, I'm happy the Bears are in 1st. Bears have surprised everybody but has a smoke and mirrors feel to it. The wheels be wobbly. I give no kinda, coulda or shouldas, I just point to the facts. I wish nothing but good luck for Da Bears but just saying perceptions have been inaccurate and Bears gonna need more luck, than anything, from here on out.

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Little concerned that the OP has minimal warrior spirit

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Of course, I'm happy the Bears are in 1st. Bears have surprised everybody but has a smoke and mirrors feel to it. The wheels be wobbly. I give no kinda, coulda or shouldas, I just point to the facts. I wish nothing but good luck for Da Bears but just saying perceptions have been inaccurate and Bears gonna need more luck, than anything, from here on out.

Remember when we went 13 and 3 and the Panthers wiped the floor with us after relaxing on that first round bye?

Or going 13 and 3 and the eagles bending us over in the 2nd round?

I feel way better this year than those years. I think if we can get to playoffs, they can hocus pocus, chris angel smoke and mirror a team or two.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Best Bear team I remember since 86...

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
So the addition of Khalil Mack has been disappointing to you....

Ya, I just think your expectations were too high or you don't understand football or edge play bc he has been exceptional this yr for the most part.

Again, just bc Aaron Donald exists, it doesn't mean every defensive player needs to be held to his standard; heck, the guy might very well be the MVP of the league.

Was Stockton disappointing bc MJ existed?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ya, I just think your expectations were too high or you don't understand football or edge play bc he has been exceptional this yr for the most part.

Again, just bc Aaron Donald exists, it doesn't mean every defensive player needs to be held to his standard; heck, the guy might very well be the MVP of the league.

Not saying I'm disappointed cause he's not as mighty and productive as Donald. Saying the disappointment is cause his own productivity is well down from the 2 previous years.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins

Yes, yes he was. Ask stocktons mom who her favorite nba player is. She will tell you its MJ

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The perception is the Bears are having a great year in the genius HC's first year. The reality is they have been fortuitous and good fortune doesn't hold up for long, and Nagy's not a genius. The team has relied heavily on their weak schedule and league leading number of turnovers and, as we saw last Sunday, when that turnover advantage isn't there bad things happen. Same could be said of their loss to the faltering Dolphins.

For the most part, this year, the Bears have played solid football and limited mistakes while taking full advantage of the good field position provided by all the turnovers as well as penalties. Bears opponents have given up an average of 20 yards more in penalties per game. When all has gone well for them, it went very well and that helped boost the overall perception of the team as they blew out struggling teams in Buffalo and the Bucs and then recently secured 3 consecutive wins in divisional games. Then, of course, the wheels of the Chevy fell off in Jersey. Say good bye to any remote possibility of a bye. Time to look at the reality of the situation. Is this team really that good? Are its top players as good as perceived when the rose colored glasses are removed?

When the Bears brought in Khalil Mack, the perception was they were getting the best defensive player in the league and it instantly boosted their chances as SB contenders. The reality is he has not been the best defender in the league, does not occupy several blockers on every play, as perceived by many in these forii, and it's never wise to assume a player can play at that extremely high level he played at in the past. You seldom see players get DPOY more than once. Bears have only ever had 2 players win it and only 1 of them won it a second time. So, no, Mack is not way above all other defenders and has not had near his most productive season with the Bears. He has not been as disruptive as he was with the Raiders. In his DPOY year Mack led the league in amount of pressure (sacks+hits+hurries)put on opposing QBs. Last year he was second only to Von Miller. This year, with the Bears, he barely makes the top 15. While the Bears get their fair share of sacks, we usually have not seen the consistent pressure put on QBs. The effects of that were also seen in that last loss to the Giants. Yes, their QB was sacked 3 times but, other than those sacks, the completely immobile Eli was given a whole lot of time to pick his targets on most other pass plays.

With the Bears offense, the perception has been they've looked good, even very good, at times and their QB has established himself. The truth is the QB has only had about 4 good games out of the 10 and they were against weaker teams who were struggling. In the other 6 games, he has a rating of 73 with 6 TDs and 8 Ints. And he and the Bears offense have relied heavily on good field position provided by the defense. On plays in the Bears own end of the field, Trubisky has an 82 rating with 1 TD and 5 INTs. Bears would also do best to avoid close games with Mitchell. When there is a 1-8 point differential, Trubisky has a 79 rating with 7 TDs and 6 Ints.

As we enter the final 4 game stretch, the Bears have but one sure win left in the current worst NFL team, SanFran. The other 3 games will be tough. The Packers are the worst, but Rodgers is done tanking for the removal of McCarthy so will be going all out to beat the Bears again. Despite the manner in which CCS twits minimized the loss to the Giants, it comes with serious repercussions. It is now more likely that the final game of the season, when the Bears drive the wobbly wheeled Maserati to Minnesota, will be the deciding factor as to who will win the division and have home field advantage on WC weekend. In such a scenario, a home win by Minnesota would mean they'd, again, have home field advantage if they play the Bears a third time in the playoffs.

TLDR Kek Kek Kek Kek Kek :cum: