2020 Rumor Mill

Granada

Liked Posts:
I doubt Carolina will be selling. They will buying and have cap relief because of the Dougie Hamilton injury.

They could use a goalie, but I would imagine a blueliner is a bigger need.

Probably, but if they did want to move him, I'd do it if it could be done for cheap.

Ironically, I just saw the video on this site that said that Carolina tried signing Lehner in the off-season. So they could still be a logical trade partner for Crawford (or Lehner, who knows -- if negotiations have started and aren't going well, etc.) at the deadline.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Probably, but if they did want to move him, I'd do it if it could be done for cheap.

Ironically, I just saw the video on this site that said that Carolina tried signing Lehner in the off-season. So they could still be a logical trade partner for Crawford (or Lehner, who knows -- if negotiations have started and aren't going well, etc.) at the deadline.
I’d hate to lose Lehner. I just don’t they can afford him. Problem is that goalie returns at the trade deadline are historically poor.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I’d hate to lose Lehner. I just don’t they can afford him. Problem is that goalie returns at the trade deadline are historically poor.

Agree. I think Lehner will want the moon, especially after being shafted by the Islanders. That's sort of why I hated bringing him in to begin with -- it's somewhat of a lose-lose, having him for just one year, in a year where you were far from being a bonafide Cup contender.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lenhar has all the makings of a locker room cancer. Its one thing to call players out, get a response, its another thing to whine about it every game he loses.
Lankinen is also a free agent, they signed their third stringer in rockford, Tomkins to a two year two way deal, Nalimov will probably be told he needs to learn the US game in Rockford if he ever comes here.
There is probably a number of points behind they will consider moving a goalie. I dont think anyone sees long term Lenhar here, so he is the logical choice. Then when Crow gets hurt he can spew from somewhere else.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lenhar has all the makings of a locker room cancer. Its one thing to call players out, get a response, its another thing to whine about it every game he loses.
Lankinen is also a free agent, they signed their third stringer in rockford, Tomkins to a two year two way deal, Nalimov will probably be told he needs to learn the US game in Rockford if he ever comes here.
There is probably a number of points behind they will consider moving a goalie. I dont think anyone sees long term Lenhar here, so he is the logical choice. Then when Crow gets hurt he can spew from somewhere else.
Bowman and Lehner have the same agent.

If he determines that Lehner isn't going to sign an extension, his ass needs to be traded.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
This all seems pretty simple, you don't upgrade crap with crap. You don't rebuild by developing crap into shit. Get as many ingredients as you can, and hope it tastes good before it turns to shit.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Absolute truth.....until I read his name here, I've never heard of him. Hope he does well, but it appears to be just more dumbass patchwork by a dumbass GM.

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
He is 6'2" and 205 lbs. He nevr had much of a chance in Minny and he is a dcent defender. He is staying up and playing with the Hawks. Before we judge, let's see how he does playing with the Hawks. This could easily mean that either Gus or KK are on their way out by the deadline

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He is 6'2" and 205 lbs. He nevr had much of a chance in Minny and he is a dcent defender. He is staying up and playing with the Hawks. Before we judge, let's see how he does playing with the Hawks. This could easily mean that either Gus or KK are on their way out by the deadline
Sadly, he resembles more of Seabs or Murph. I have preached keeping d men on their forehand, not everyone is Hammer. Maybe they are wondering if Bovquist is really going to be a good enough defender. Might be in our top 5 of all players as far as offensive skill around the net, yes, I mean including forwards, top 8 for sure, but does he do enough on D?

Granada

Liked Posts:
Absolute truth.....until I read his name here, I've never heard of him. Hope he does well, but it appears to be just more dumbass patchwork by a dumbass GM.

Yes, yet another "cross your fingers and hope to God" move.

I won't make too much of a stink about it if the plan is to try him as a 6/7 D-man. I think if anyone gets moved at the deadline, perhaps it's Maatta. I can't see anyone wanting Koko, but Maatta at least has Pittsburgh's run to hang his hat on, in addition to a solid amount of playoff experience, which may entice another GM.

That said, I don't think this move is proof that Bowman will move a D-man at the deadline. Seeler could just be insurance if another injury occurs on the back-end, or yet another future project.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Yes, yet another "cross your fingers and hope to God" move.

I won't make too much of a stink about it if the plan is to try him as a 6/7 D-man. I think if anyone gets moved at the deadline, perhaps it's Maatta. I can't see anyone wanting Koko, but Maatta at least has Pittsburgh's run to hang his hat on, in addition to a solid amount of playoff experience, which may entice another GM.

That said, I don't think this move is proof that Bowman will move a D-man at the deadline. Seeler could just be insurance if another injury occurs on the back-end, or yet another future project.

I just dont know what his status has to be. Is he a guy that has to stay up with the nhl team after being claimed, or just a guy that Minny tried to get back down to the AHL so he can play every night and the hawks swooped in and took him. So the same deal would happen that he needs to pass waivers to get sent down.

puterwiz53

Liked Posts:
Minny tried to send him down to the AHL and the Hawks scooped him. The same would happen if the Hawks triy to send him down. He never had much of a chance in Minny and given a chance here he might prove himself to be an asset for the Hawks. He has size and willing to throw his weight around. He is decent defensively, better than Gus will ever be. I sense Gus being moved for a 2nd to a team needing an offensive defense man who can play the pp.

Liked Posts:
Bowman and Lehner have the same agent.

If he determines that Lehner isn't going to sign an extension, his ass needs to be traded.

Totally agree. I don't think it was ever reasonable to think Lehner was going to sign at a discounted price but if he is looking for a Bob The Goalie type of deal I would say "Thanks, but no thanks."

If he is willing to sign in Chicago for 6 years at 45 mil I think it would be wise to resign him. If he is looking for 7 years plus or north of 50 million then StanBo has to move him to recoup the picks he wasted on the Shaw deal with Montreal.

I said several weeks ago that Carolina would be a likely trade partner when it came time to move one of the goalies.
In fact, with Hamilton out StanBo might bag a twofer by sending Lehner and Gustafsson to the Canes and take back Reimer and TVR to make the cap hits work. The price would be Jake Bean a Second and a Third. If the Canes resign either player or both, the picks jump up to a Second and a First.

Carolina is about to find themselves in an Arms Race in the Eastern Conference with Toronto, Washington, and Pittsburgh all preparing to add help at the deadline. They will need top level goal tending and more scoring if they want to keep pace.

Belfour'sBlocker

Liked Posts:
You have to give Lehner the best offer you are going to give him (for me that would be 7.5 to 8 Million for 5 years, give him a yes or no deadline and if he says no tell him the offer will still be there in the off season but we need assets. I would hope you could sign crow for 1 year at 3.5 then. Besides with the upcoming Seattle draft you will be able to find a team unloading a goalie after next year.

After this last trip I am more than open to the idea of trading anyone really. This team just doesn't have it. But of course the biggest problem is..neither does their GM.

Jack Lantern

Liked Posts:
After this last trip I am more than open to the idea of trading anyone really. This team just doesn't have it. But of course the biggest problem is..neither does their GM.

Players make you look good, that's in any sport. Toews is trash, so are Cat, Strome and Gus. All these guys fell off the cliff production wise from last year. There is no way Stan Bowman could have envisioned this.

It's good Gus saved his 17 goal/60 point season in a non contract year else the Hawks may have been forced to pay him like they did Cat.

Blackhawks are the worst power play team in the league. That simply cannot happen when 80percent of the cap dollars are invested with the forwards and center positions.
http://www.espn.com/nhl/statistics/...eams/sort/powerPlayPct/year/2020/seasontype/2

Last edited:

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Slow down buddy boy, Toews is far from trash, not what he once was but to Insinuate that he he garbage is stretching it. The captain of our team put forth many great years for this franchise have a little respect for the players that brought lord Stanley to team not once but three times. Yes we are disappointed with the results of another failed season but enough with calling out players and referring to them as garbage.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
You have to give Lehner the best offer you are going to give him (for me that would be 7.5 to 8 Million for 5 years, give him a yes or no deadline and if he says no tell him the offer will still be there in the off season but we need assets. I would hope you could sign crow for 1 year at 3.5 then. Besides with the upcoming Seattle draft you will be able to find a team unloading a goalie after next year.

I would offer him 5 years at 7, if he doesn’t want it let him walk. He certainly has been decent this season, but I will stand by the fact that when the Hawks needed him the most he folded like a cheap tent. If you are going to demand a top wage you need to earn it, Lehner is not worth 8 million a season on team that will be at the bottom of the standings for the next few years while they get this together. Sign CC for 2 years bring up the kid from Rockford and trade Lehner for picks and the deadline.