1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm seeing some chicago articles saying

1. TVR (Canes) and Frolik(Sabres) could be options to return
2. Vantennan, Woods, or Simmonds from the Devils

Thoughts?

We have about 13.5 million.

Which I say to sign Lehnar with long term, and trade him if he won't sign. Still leaves room for a forward and defender.
Pass on TVR....Time hasn't decreased his level of suck, and the Blackhawks don't have room for him.

What are the Sabres going to give us for taking Frolik?

Granada

Liked Posts:
I'm seeing some chicago articles saying

1. TVR (Canes) and Frolik(Sabres) could be options to return
2. Vantennan, Woods, or Simmonds from the Devils

Thoughts?

We have about 13.5 million.

Which I say to sign Lehnar with long term, and trade him if he won't sign. Still leaves room for a forward and defender.

? Of course! If we take Frolik back, I swear to God I'm done with this team and all these fucking retreads.

I'd be fine with Simmonds (another guy who can fight, by the way ?). He's older obviously, but still. Not only can he drop the gloves, but he has decent wheels, hits, and has some skill. I think he'd be useful as a 4th liner and could be a top-six option if need be. If he could be had for peanuts (picks, c-grade prospect), I'd do it.

I remember saying before Vegas snagged him in the expansion draft that TVR would be a bigger loss than people realize; I still think that's true, and it would have been nice to have TVR on the third tandem (instead of garbage like Davidson, Manning, Franson, and all the other nonsense we had since that year). I suppose I'd be fine with bringing him back, although it is a retread.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
? Of course! If we take Frolik back, I swear to God I'm done with this team and all these fucking retreads.

I'd be fine with Simmonds (another guy who can fight, by the way ?). He's older obviously, but still. Not only can he drop the gloves, but he has decent wheels, hits, and has some skill. I think he'd be useful as a 4th liner and could be a top-six option if need be. If he could be had for peanuts (picks, c-grade prospect), I'd do it.

I remember saying before Vegas snagged him in the expansion draft that TVR would be a bigger loss than people realize; I still think that's true, and it would have been nice to have TVR on the third tandem (instead of garbage like Davidson, Manning, Franson, and all the other nonsense we had since that year). I suppose I'd be fine with bringing him back, although it is a retread.
I agree. I never saw the hate for TVR. They used the protected spot on Jurco, Panik and Hartman. I guess he was just a cast away from the fans that could not get over the fact that Seabrooks was never going to be the hard player that got him that cushy deal. Yeah, that big time, highest paid D man on the club for the physical things he did for this team. All the stuff we are being told is not necessary and over rated.

Granada

Liked Posts:
I agree. I never saw the hate for TVR. They used the protected spot on Jurco, Panik and Hartman. I guess he was just a cast away from the fans that could not get over the fact that Seabrooks was never going to be the hard player that got him that cushy deal. Yeah, that big time, highest paid D man on the club for the physical things he did for this team. All the stuff we are being told is not necessary and over rated.

Yeah he wouldn't have been any worse than any other of Bowman's fantastic signings. And that Panik deal....typical Bowman move.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Exactly who would you like to get rid of so you can have the over-loved TVR back?

Keith-Bovquist-Murphy-De Haan-Maata are locks.

Mitchell? Beadin? What if Seabrook plays next year?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Exactly who would you like to get rid of so you can have the over-loved TVR back?

Keith-Bovquist-Murphy-De Haan-Maata are locks.

Mitchell? Beadin? What if Seabrook plays next year?

You would have gotten away without committing the brain fart to two more injured players and 9 million dollars to DeHaan and Maata until 20fucking23.

That should have been the thought process, Keith, Seabroke, JOKER, Bovquist Murphy, TVR, Mitchell, Beaudin and Gus were enough, and we are not even mentioning Gilbert or Kukoo.

When we got to the playoffs, TVR was willing to let shots fly from the point, nobody else could even hit the net.

Not to mention where the hell that 9 million could have gone towards forwards everyone is looking for.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You would have gotten away without committing the brain fart to two more injured players and 9 million dollars to DeHaan and Maata until 20fucking23.

That should have been the thought process, Keith, Seabroke, JOKER, Bovquist Murphy, TVR, Mitchell, Beaudin and Gus were enough, and we are not even mentioning Gilbert or Kukoo.

When we got to the playoffs, TVR was willing to let shots fly from the point, nobody else could even hit the net.

Not to mention where the hell that 9 million could have gone towards forwards everyone is looking for.

He had one point in the playoffs for the Blackhawks

Granada

Liked Posts:
Well considering TVR's contract is expiring, it would be a move for predominantly for this year (playoff push), especially with De Haan and Seabrook out; and Koekkoek inconsistent (playing well enough recently though).

And if Bowman would want to extend TVR in the off-season (again, not a given), it would give him a depth option considering Guss and Koekkoek will probably be gone next year.

I've heard worse ideas.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well TVR slots for KooKoo right away for an instant upgrade so don't over think it.

Simmonds sounds like the right fit for us. If the penalty kill wasn't fixed I would consider Frolik more. Lets drop him.

So Simmonds and TVR are potential minor upgrades in size and experience and might be available.
Good work, way to get back on track in this rumor thread.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Boys, you are missing the point. Who gives a fuck whether they can play or not? The funniest part is that the Canes actually gave TVR a $2.6 mil contract. Hell, yeah....take both him and Frolik who again is laughably drawing $4.6 mill from Buffalo or maybe Calgary, no idea which team gave him that much. Both are expring contracts after this year.....just need the Canes and Sabres to toss a few picks the Hawks way for their trouble. This is exactly what I was talking about earlier....I'm stunned these two stiffs are making that much money.

Rask nailed this one.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He had one point in the playoffs for the Blackhawks

But he was the only d man actually shooting. The rest of them were more worried about getting their slow ass back to defend. TVR always shot alot on national broadcasts.
The whole point is he was a 750K guy. What more did we get from DeHaan for 4.5 million? Its always shit on the cheap ones and let the 6X the salary guy that comes in here get a pass because he is someone apparently we were supposed to know.

So now we are locked up with 5 old, underperforming D men til 2023, using up some 30 million of our cap. How is that working out on D?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think TVR is worth 2.6 million or more. Not a bad contract. It would be hard to justify paying him less after they threw a second round pick to Vegas for him, and Vegas chose him over other options too, showing some value.

No agent is going to let that slide. He is solid depth and has a skill set that pairs well with our team. You would rather have Kookoo and save 1.6 mil of 13.5 in cap? We get TVR for CHEAP plus a pick maybe, and still have 12 mil to spend.

And unlike other options he can come in and understand how the FWDs want to run the offense and expect from him.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I'm with @Granada on this one, no more retreads. It's like stan has no ability to actually scout players and only feels comfortable with players he already knows about from being here. Yet completely forgets why they were shipped out, and that most player skills deteriorate over time. I can think of only maybe what Breadman as someone I really wanted to have back, but no way we could have afforded.

Last edited:

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well TVR slots for KooKoo right away for an instant upgrade so don't over think it.

Simmonds sounds like the right fit for us. If the penalty kill wasn't fixed I would consider Frolik more. Lets drop him.

So Simmonds and TVR are potential minor upgrades in size and experience and might be available.
Good work, way to get back on track in this rumor thread.
The 4th line is just fine right now and TVR moves zero needles.

Only way I want anyone coming to this team is an expiring contract where the Hawks also get a draft pick or prospect.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think TVR is worth 2.6 million or more. Not a bad contract. It would be hard to justify paying him less after they threw a second round pick to Vegas for him, and Vegas chose him over other options too, showing some value.

No agent is going to let that slide. He is solid depth and has a skill set that pairs well with our team. You would rather have Kookoo and save 1.6 mil of 13.5 in cap? We get TVR for CHEAP plus a pick maybe, and still have 12 mil to spend.

And unlike other options he can come in and understand how the FWDs want to run the offense and expect from him.
They have defensemen in the pipeline that are better than TVR, and with extensions to Kubalik, Strome, and possibly Lehner, they cannot afford a $3M #6 defenseman.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They have defensemen in the pipeline that are better than TVR, and with extensions to Kubalik, Strome, and possibly Lehner, they cannot afford a $3M #6 defenseman.

Read Granada's post. TVR's contract is expiring but the Canes want to shed his salary for THIS year to make a purchase for a cup run.

We can take his salary and a pick back, while also upgrading KooKoo for THIS year, and then his contract is off the books. They have to pay us and we get a little better, its perfect for our situation of not really wanting to be buyers but also wanting to take a shot and see what happens, maybe give the Blues some hell.

TVR should be a no braner. Frolik only if they pay us alot, and even then we have the cap and it gives us another body on the PK.

I think TVR makes the most sense of all of them, especially when you consider we want to shed Gus for some value.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
But he was the only d man actually shooting. The rest of them were more worried about getting their slow ass back to defend. TVR always shot alot on national broadcasts.
The whole point is he was a 750K guy. What more did we get from DeHaan for 4.5 million? Its always shit on the cheap ones and let the 6X the salary guy that comes in here get a pass because he is someone apparently we were supposed to know.

So now we are locked up with 5 old, underperforming D men til 2023, using up some 30 million of our cap. How is that working out on D?
How does signing a soon-to-be 29 year old #6 defenseman do anything except steal a roster spot from a promising prospect?

Joel Quenneville was shitty at identifying defensive talent and TVR is a perfect example. So is Kempny.

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Read Granada's post. TVR's contract is expiring but the Canes want to shed his salary for THIS year to make a purchase for a cup run.

We can take his salary and a pick back, while also upgrading KooKoo for THIS year, and then his contract is off the books. They have to pay us and we get a little better, its perfect for our situation of not really wanting to be buyers but also wanting to take a shot and see what happens, maybe give the Blues some hell.

TVR should be a no braner. Frolik only if they pay us alot, and even then we have the cap and it gives us another body on the PK.

I think TVR makes the most sense of all of them, especially when you consider we want to shed Gus for some value.
TVR has 3 points and is a -9. How is this better than Koekkoek?