2021-2022 IGT Masterthread

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I’m hoping that AKs connection with Joker comes into play. Although unlikely, If jokic does not want to re-up with Denver, the bulls could say Hey….before you lose Jokic for nothing, take Vuc, DeMar, and some 1st rounders. Although, they may want Lonzo or LaVine instead of DeMar based on age.
Basically it'll take Jokic not wanting to be there anymore, and sooner rather than later. At the moment he will be an UFA after 2022-23 at age 28. But we'd need to be a position to snag him then (plus he'd have to want to come here). We'll see what he does. If he signs an extension this off-season, safe to say he's not going anywhere any time soon.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Basically it'll take Jokic not wanting to be there anymore, and sooner rather than later. At the moment he will be an UFA after 2022-23 at age 28. But we'd need to be a position to snag him then (plus he'd have to want to come here). We'll see what he does. If he signs an extension this off-season, safe to say he's not going anywhere any time soon.
I’m also not certain how well Joker ages into his 30’s. It’d still be a rather large gamble on the bulls part to give up the players and picks, plus give him the max salary…

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’m also not certain how well Joker ages into his 30’s. It’d still be a rather large gamble on the bulls part to give up the players and picks, plus give him the max salary…
On the one side, there is absolutely 0 athletic component to his game. Dude is basically the anti top draft pick by most scouting reports. His game will age well I think, but as with most players you should expect a decline after the early 30s. Just because of the amount of skill he has vs the athleticism, I think he could play at a pretty high level for a while, though certainly not MVP level like right now.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Yeah joker seems like the exact type of player whose game will age well. Would have zero concerns about that

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
On the one side, there is absolutely 0 athletic component to his game. Dude is basically the anti top draft pick by most scouting reports. His game will age well I think, but as with most players you should expect a decline after the early 30s. Just because of the amount of skill he has vs the athleticism, I think he could play at a pretty high level for a while, though certainly not MVP level like right now.
It’s injuries I would worry about. He’s already carrying a good bit of weight…not sure how old you guys are, but around the time your 30’s hits…that metabolism slowwws down. Its not his style of play that concerns me

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It’s injuries I would worry about. He’s already carrying a good bit of weight…not sure how old you guys are, but around the time your 30’s hits…that metabolism slowwws down. Its not his style of play that concerns me
Yes, I have declined in my 30's.. but, I also am not a professional basketball player.

Injuries are really always a risk for most athletes in their 30's though.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well injuries will be a risk for anyone. But even a major lower body injury, I just feel like his game won't really be affected as much as another player because it's all things that don't rely on moving much. If anything his scoring would just dip, but that will happen regardless with age.

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yeah injuries are always a concern for any player.

For example, Zach is due for a super max contract and has a previous ACL tear and will likely need surgery on that knee in the off season. That to me is more concerning than jokic being pudgy

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Bulls didn't have a path to a championship sans Zach turning into a legit superstar. Re-signing Niko and not fully bottoming out while Lauri was a rookie and Zach was sidelined was a massive blunder. Very similar to Krause trading for Jalen Rose that likely cost us a top 5 pick in 03.

So it was either blow it up or try to make a good team for a few years. Personally i was happy to just have a watchable team again after the flop rebuild. I'm holding out a little hope that the playoffs will re-energize the team. We need Lonzo back but thats looking unlikely.

Last edited:

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bulls didn't have a path to a championship sans Zach turning into a legit superstar. Re-signing Niko and not fully bottoming out while Lauri was a rookie and Zach was sidelined was a massive blunder. Very similar to Krause trading for Jalen Rose that likely cost us a top 5 pick in 03.

So it was either blow it up or try to make a good team for a few years. Personally i was happy to just have a watchable team again after the flop rebuild. I'm holding out a little hope that the playoffs will re-energize the team. We need Lonzo back but thats looking unlikely.
I have zero hope for the playoffs. The bulls lost some must win games against inferior teams during this stretch run. They havent shown the ability to flip a switch and still look lost against better teams. When the intensity, physicality, and competition ramps up in the playoffs, it could get worse , not better. They’ve shown very little fight this season overall other than a handful of games

Hopefully

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Yes, injuries are a concern for any player. No, I don’t think the odds are the same for a guy that’s overweight vs a guy who isn’t overweight. its easy to just say, oh yeah pull the trigger and give up everything for a 28 year old(by the time he’s available) Jokic…all I’m saying is there’s more risk there than I think most here are acknowledging

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Yes, injuries are a concern for any player. No, I don’t think the odds are the same for a guy that’s overweight vs a guy who isn’t overweight. its easy to just say, oh yeah pull the trigger and give up everything for a 28 year old(by the time he’s available) Jokic…all I’m saying is there’s more risk there than I think most here are acknowledging
Not only would I pull the trigger…I wouldn’t even think, aim, or look lol…Id make the deal so fast Denver’s head would be spinning and they’d need to hydrate

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Zach and Jokic? Hell yes you make that happen.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We're never getting that revenge on Grayson Allen are we?

Enasic

Liked Posts:
Bulls got this one and Bradley will concuss Grayson. You heard it here first

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Zach is officially questionable for this game, probably a game time decision if he goes or not

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Zach is officially questionable for this game, probably a game time decision if he goes or not
At this point, 2.5 games ahead of Cleveland with 4 to go…it makes sense to rest Zach if he’s hurting. especially when it’s a game we are unlikely to win anyways lol