2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

dchawks59

Liked Posts:
Time for rebuild, this team is a mess. Terrible hitting, awful fielding, base running has been suspect and outside of Hendricks pitching is also suspect. Kimbrel is only true golden ticket to get some higher level players. Need to get what you can for Baez (next to last in fielding MLB, highest strike out numbers), best offer for Bryant (too many injuries), maybe keep Rizzo (might want to keep to be a mentor to younger players). Get rid of Arrieta, wish there was a way to move Heyward, Happ has shown little to keep him. Is there anyone of the 1 yr. contract guys that the Cubs should keep? Bottom line this team needs a rebuild, what is the foundation? Contreras- Yes, Hendricks Yes, maybe a handful of young pitchers, Hoerner- Yes, Wisdom-maybe? Once you start this may want to re-look at the manager situation, not sure Ross (although a good guy) would be the right manager for a young team. Hoyer took over a team that was already having issues and he should have had an inkling from last year that it was trending downward. Maybe the Cubs should take a cue from Tampa.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Kimbrel has the most trade value. He could pull a top 100 alone.

Bryant has the 2nd most value. His return value is debateable. My opinion is Marte goes to the Giants. That causes SD to panic buy. That moves the needle.

Mets. MLBTR put out their top priority is a SP. Peroid. A bat is lower priority. Closer was not discussed.

We will leave that as it is.

SD the top priorty talked about was Gallo. They want him pretty bad. 2nd is a arm. So Minn will have some suiters. Rangers could pull Gallo and kyle Gibson. That moves the needle for SD in their needs.

So in view of this. Jed should let it play out. Gallo + Gibson > Bryant and Davies. You would have to swap Hendricks and Davies to create a comp.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Now I will give my opinion.

NYM are looking at Thor and Carasco. Both injury and injury prone. They can not go into a series being 3 pitchers deep. The rotation is what got them where they are. That is thier back bone.

So I get the why they are targeting a pitcher right now. Im predicting that they sell their top chips for Berrios. He comes with control and the Mets are losing Thor and Stoman.

If they get any SP back from injury they shift to the pen. So i see it fixed by moving pieces vs giving up talent.

JD returning kinda fixed their hitting issue. Lesser need. With the Mets top pieces off the board I would pass on them.

SD and Rangers most likely match up. I will leave that one alone for now.

White Sox. Do they have a need to be honest? I really dont see a ***** in the armor at full health. Maybe a 2B. So ya Javy might be a match up. But the Sox are the standard right now going into the play offs.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
10 days left. I expect so action happening starting this weekend.

Jed would be better off letting the main players make their moves first. If the Mets trigger with Minn the top starter comes off the board. That creates a chain effect in the NL east. That is when Jed can pull a deal in a panic reaction.

The NL west I believe at the moment is SD reacting to SF. LAD are the 3rd party here. So that might be a opertunity. I really have not followed their needs and if the Cubs can find opertunity there.

AL central. No comp.

AL West. Some opertunity here. I see them wanting to have a better shot against Chicago in a series. Sox are the fav because of their staff. So teams will have to look at matching that.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
AL east is a bit chaotic right now. It is really hard to gauge them. All that I see happening is Sale returning creates panic. So it could become vibrant.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Cubs should be open to moving Hendricks and Contreras too depending on return. Contreras is a hack at the plate like Baez, his saving grace is that he's a C and become great defensively there. His offense is replaceable at any other position

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Cubs should be open to moving Hendricks and Contreras too depending on return. Contreras is a hack at the plate like Baez, his saving grace is that he's a C and become great defensively there. His offense is replaceable at any other position

definitely. Been saying hendricks and Contreras should be available for the right price. Hendricks has like 3 years of control on a cost friendly contract…teams would salivate at the notion of adding a fringe all star starter with that kind of contract

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Laughable.

Yep Tom will sell everything.

No one goes to the field to watch a scrub team.

Brillant.

There was a reason why Jed said that they will be competitive in 2022. You need a product to bring in revenues.

Tom will lose his ass if he wrecks it with the overhead to run the team.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Laughable.

Yep Tom will sell everything.

No one goes to the field to watch a scrub team.

Brillant.

There was a reason why Jed said that they will be competitive in 2022. You need a product to bring in revenues.

Tom will lose his ass if he wrecks it with the overhead to run the team.

the cubs can’t be competitive next year without Hendricks? Mmmmmmkkkkk. Sureeeeeee

CSF77

Liked Posts:

You really need to roll back on this one.

Contreras takes walks. His OBA is still .345. Baez is at .287.

There is a world of a diffrence between the two.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
the cubs can’t be competitive next year without Hendricks? Mmmmmmkkkkk. Sureeeeeee

This is why you are a idiot.

You break it all down. Have nothing.

Go into the offseason.

Jed goes into the market having to build a complete team paying top dollar or attempt to buy low value players and sell high.

That is 2012 all again.

2012 revenues went into the tank. Tom has to afford property. A TV station and what ever else that is going on.

You do not shoot the golden goose. You can put a team out that can win. Or you have internal options that will generate intrest.

The Cubs have none of the above. And selling the show makes it a shit show.

When a good team plays bad fans complain.

A bad team no one cares.

No one cares then you lose at the box office.

Tom is not stupid. Not like you are. He understands that this is a business and bankrupt is not a solid game plan.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
You really need to roll back on this one.

Contreras takes walks. His OBA is still .345. Baez is at .287.

There is a world of a diffrence between the two.
I know Contreras does walk. But I'll have to look when I get a second because he has to have a fairly high strikeout rate. I consistently see him flailing at the slider a foot off the plate. Also his offense is only good because he's a catcher

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This is why you are a idiot.

You break it all down. Have nothing.

Go into the offseason.

Jed goes into the market having to build a complete team paying top dollar or attempt to buy low value players and sell high.

That is 2012 all again.

2012 revenues went into the tank. Tom has to afford property. A TV station and what ever else that is going on.

You do not shoot the golden goose. You can put a team out that can win. Or you have internal options that will generate intrest.

The Cubs have none of the above. And selling the show makes it a shit show.

When a good team plays bad fans complain.

A bad team no one cares.

No one cares then you lose at the box office.

Tom is not stupid. Not like you are. He understands that this is a business and bankrupt is not a solid game plan.

LOL youre pathetic dude. Ever heard of FREE AGENCY? You can trade a guy like Hendricks and get prospects for him and then sign a guy in FA to replace him and still be a competitive team next year. You’re the fucking idiot and literally everyone here but you, the idiot, knows it

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I know Contreras does walk. But I'll have to look when I get a second because he has to have a fairly high strikeout rate. I consistently see him flailing at the slider a foot off the plate. Also his offense is only good because he's a catcher

His O is good because he takes walks. He has power. Those are constants. The rest is BABIP driven.

D wise he is premier. He is a guy that you extend

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
His O is good because he takes walks. He has power. Those are constants. The rest is BABIP driven.

D wise he is premier. He is a guy that you extend
But he is also a guy who can be traded for a haul because his offense is good for a catcher, his defense is elite, and he's cost controlled for a couple years. Also we have like 3 or so good catching prospects. I'm fine if he's here or not.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
LOL youre pathetic dude. Ever heard of FREE AGENCY? You can trade a guy like Hendricks and get prospects for him and then sign a guy in FA to replace him and still be a competitive team next year. You’re the fucking idiot and literally everyone here but you, the idiot, knows it

Yet again you toss out these words that you dont take the time to comprehend.

Lets start with basics.

Rotation: Alzolay.

3B Wisdom
SS nothing
2B Hoerner
1B Nothing

LF nothing
CF Happ or nothing
RF Heyward

That is 4 rotation spots.
4-5 players.

Now buying flips. Well Jed said nope to this already. So if that is your briliant plan have fun with that nonsense.

If you plan on paying market value. And Jed in the past has said this is tbe WORST way to build.

He over pays for talent.

He blocks the next wave.

He creates a disconect with the fan base. Most fans are WTF is that guy.

Now if he goes balls deep?

30M Super Star going rate.
25M 2nd tier rate.
20M 3rd tier rate.

8-9 players at that rate? No farm system that is ready to go. Closest talent 1 year out?

I swear you really do not have a clue at all. But yet again you cant fix stupid.

If you want a solid plan you ease in and out talent.

Jed is losing 3 guys. He will most likely drop 3 more. He still has a team to fund. His next ace has been out with a shoulder injury. There is no time line. He will need a working plan of action. Selling everything is not a option.

So he will need a closer. Maples and Wick. Done. No investment.

Jake Davies and Williams. I can see him going internal on one. He will need to invest 40M here at min. Tossing out another bum rotation is suicide at the box.

Rizzo he has Wisdom. So Jed can save here or at 3B. You have to say 20M

SS. 2nd tier is fine. 20M

OF Happ at LF Jed will have to pay yet again. He can flip Happ when Davies is ready. They are taking their time with Davies.

So do the math. That is even if anyone signs. Jed has proven to be a bit stingy so that makes a poor option for F/A.

So your plan will cause Tom to be forced to sell the team do to poor management of assetts while his overhead swallows him up.

Sure some die hards will still pay. Not enough to suffer a shit show.