CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Lol do tell me what words I don’t comprehend @CSF77

coming from the guy that continues to get “sense” and “since” both wrong, I’ll take this comment from you with a grain of salt

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Yet again you toss out these words that you dont take the time to comprehend.

Lets start with basics.

Rotation: Alzolay.

3B Wisdom
SS nothing
2B Hoerner
1B Nothing

LF nothing
CF Happ or nothing
RF Heyward

That is 4 rotation spots.
4-5 players.

Now buying flips. Well Jed said nope to this already. So if that is your briliant plan have fun with that nonsense.

If you plan on paying market value. And Jed in the past has said this is tbe WORST way to build.

He over pays for talent.

He blocks the next wave.

He creates a disconect with the fan base. Most fans are WTF is that guy.

Now if he goes balls deep?

30M Super Star going rate.
25M 2nd tier rate.
20M 3rd tier rate.

8-9 players at that rate? No farm system that is ready to go. Closest talent 1 year out?

I swear you really do not have a clue at all. But yet again you cant fix stupid.

If you want a solid plan you ease in and out talent.

Jed is losing 3 guys. He will most likely drop 3 more. He still has a team to fund. His next ace has been out with a shoulder injury. There is no time line. He will need a working plan of action. Selling everything is not a option.

So he will need a closer. Maples and Wick. Done. No investment.

Jake Davies and Williams. I can see him going internal on one. He will need to invest 40M here at min. Tossing out another bum rotation is suicide at the box.

Rizzo he has Wisdom. So Jed can save here or at 3B. You have to say 20M

SS. 2nd tier is fine. 20M

OF Happ at LF Jed will have to pay yet again. He can flip Happ when Davies is ready. They are taking their time with Davies.

So do the math. That is even if anyone signs. Jed has proven to be a bit stingy so that makes a poor option for F/A.

So your plan will cause Tom to be forced to sell the team do to poor management of assetts while his overhead swallows him up.

Sure some die hards will still pay. Not enough to suffer a shit show.
Jed has not proven to be anything. What he does with money is directive from Ricketts

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lol do tell me what words I don’t comprehend @CSF77

coming from the guy that continues to get “sense” and “since” both wrong, I’ll take this comment from you with a grain of salt

You make a great Trumper.

When you are wrong attack or call it fake news.

Instead of looking at it logically you wail like a baby just like Trump.

Outstanding.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You make a great Trumper.

When you are wrong attack or call it fake news.

Instead of looking at it logically you wail like a baby just like Trump.

Outstanding.

funny, you were the one that resorted to name calling, which in turn I responded in kind. you were the one that went on attack, and when I attacked back…you couldn’t handle it and are now in pure snowflake mode…interesting…just like a trumper would

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jed has not proven to be anything. What he does with money is directive from Ricketts
Not exactly true....up to this point he's proven that he's pretty good at riding Theo's coattails. And he's hard at work at proving that he's overmatched as a GM.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Not exactly true....up to this point he's proven that he's pretty good at riding Theo's coattails. And he's hard at work at proving that he's overmatched as a GM.
I just hope he doesn't think like @CSF77 and unload all our players for worse players that are still highly paid like Myers and Hosmer. He'd be writing up his walking papers if he made moves like that

Bust

Liked Posts:
Kyle Hendricks is quietly having a great season. 12-4 this year. When compared to the bloated pitcher contracts, Kyle's contract is on a team friendly deal.

Jed should just go all in. Hendricks and Kimbrel can accelerate the rebuild if he is able to sell high.

DO IT!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just hope he doesn't think like @CSF77 and unload all our players for worse players that are still highly paid like Myers and Hosmer. He'd be writing up his walking papers if he made moves like that
But the Cubs would have "control".....doesn't matter what they make or that their careers are on the way down the toilet.

"Control" is everything.

:oh::jonesy:

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Let's all cool it and take a chill pill

Has their been any chatter out there on potential trades? Feel like it's gone quiet

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Let's all cool it and take a chill pill

Has their been any chatter out there on potential trades? Feel like it's gone quiet

not really. Next guy that gets traded will be chafin or tepera I imagine. I know the white Sox have been at the cubs games the last couple days and they need bullpen help

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I’d take volume over quality in trades personally. The quality will come from the Cubs’ drafts in the next few years since they will be in the cellar for awhile. Take the opportunity to build up depth that will be a few years out. Adding MLB ready talent now will just be wasted on what will be still a crappy team. Need to time it where you have waves of young guns coming up together.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Now highlight the rest of the sentence lmao

and what do you think would change things over the next 7-8 days? Perhaps any trades that happen between now and July 29-30th?

either way, you tried claiming it’s a buyers market and it’s clearly not

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
and what do you think would change things over the next 7-8 days? Perhaps any trades that happen between now and July 29-30th?

either way, you tried claiming it’s a buyers market and it’s clearly not

Oh, it definitely is a sellers market but the question is will it really make a difference? Until Hoyer proves me wrong and is actually a legitimate GM and not a complete boob....we should wait till the smoke clears.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
That’s Rays #10 & 17 for Cruz plus the pitcher