I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Have a feeling the dodgers are ringing hoyers phone line about kimbrel. They can’t afford to have a closer blowing their games come playoff time. That team is too loaded to gamble on Jansen figuring it out at this point

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’ll also predict tepera ends up a yankee

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Dodgers have a Neverending supply of prospects. I hope we trade with them
Exactly. And they have the type of roster that they can’t afford to go into the playoffs with a shaky closer. They are one of the favorites for sure to win it…unless their closer falls apart

kimbrel makes so much sense for them. They solidify the end of games, and they keep kimbrel from going to the giants or Padres

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Maybe cubs can flip chirinos for a mediocre prospect. Dude has been mashing the ball since we signed him

Bust

Liked Posts:
As they say. No news is bad news. Make it happen Jed!!!

jts1207

Liked Posts:
lol riiiight. Do tell me all about your expertise in dealing with markets

I don’t know man ….I posted a link from Buster Olney which you continue to argue because apparently you have more inside info than he does

Like I’ve said ….you’ll suck off whatever we get in returns so you can say you’re right

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I don’t know man ….I posted a link from Buster Olney which you continue to argue because apparently you have more inside info than he does

Like I’ve said ….you’ll suck off whatever we get in returns so you can say you’re right

way to reference a link that’s over a week old now. When I reference one that’s literally a day old, you ignore it. I guess you think it’s “fake news” or something.

and when you respond to someone questioning your knowledge of how markets work and you respond with… “I posted a link from buster olney” that is really you saying that you really don’t have a clue how markets operate

jts1207

Liked Posts:
way to reference a link that’s over a week old now. When I reference one that’s literally a day old, you ignore it. I guess you think it’s “fake news” or something.

and when you respond to someone questioning your knowledge of how markets work and you respond with… “I posted a link from buster olney” that is really you saying that you really don’t have a clue how markets operate

We will get huge hauls for all of are players lmao
Such a sellers market teams will overpay!!!

I posted Olney you found some dumbass article by a Boston beat writer.

can’t wait to watch you beat your chest on the returns just like you did for Joc lol

dchawks59

Liked Posts:
Question, what team believes that they can get to the WS if they bring in someone new? TB- yes, they have already made deals and "may" have one more but also may be done. SF (SP likely, do they want a Bryant who can play OF, hit top of order?); LAD (SP and maybe, maybe RP, not much else needed unless there is an injury); SD (Pitching, SP, RP); White Sox- Nothing really, when they get their IR guys back tough team). Milw. (?? who knows, but Cubs not likely to send anyone their way that will affect 2022,-23); Boston (1st Baseman, Rizzo? Rental? possibly to solidfy that lineup with some punch); NYY: ??? Story looks like their target, RP maybe). Oakland: SS Baez?? but would they really want to give up what cubs would want?? Bottom line, the teams with a good chance not likely to Rent A Cub, or if they do the return would not likely be what Cubs want & Need. Lots of talk but this could be a situation where Cubs either take less for rental players they don't want any longer or they are stuck with guys who go FA and get nothing.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Question, what team believes that they can get to the WS if they bring in someone new? TB- yes, they have already made deals and "may" have one more but also may be done. SF (SP likely, do they want a Bryant who can play OF, hit top of order?); LAD (SP and maybe, maybe RP, not much else needed unless there is an injury); SD (Pitching, SP, RP); White Sox- Nothing really, when they get their IR guys back tough team). Milw. (?? who knows, but Cubs not likely to send anyone their way that will affect 2022,-23); Boston (1st Baseman, Rizzo? Rental? possibly to solidfy that lineup with some punch); NYY: ??? Story looks like their target, RP maybe). Oakland: SS Baez?? but would they really want to give up what cubs would want?? Bottom line, the teams with a good chance not likely to Rent A Cub, or if they do the return would not likely be what Cubs want & Need. Lots of talk but this could be a situation where Cubs either take less for rental players they don't want any longer or they are stuck with guys who go FA and get nothing.

Ask @knoxville7

He’s got it all figured out. Everyone is a Cub away from the WS and will pay as such

dchawks59

Liked Posts:
Looking at this Cubs team it is a "train wreck". How many guys are on 1 yr deals who will be gone next year? how many guys should be gone regardless, Happ, Heyward, Arrieta, etc..... What is the actual core of this team? IMO Hendricks, Contreras, Hoerner, Rizzo (maybe) anyone else on the IF or OF that you actually believe are "core"? Don't see it. Their SP is questionable beyond Hendricks, RP has been good actually and 4-5 of those guys have proven they deserve a shot in 2022. No one else on this roster has shown they can hit or field; Cubs as a team have a horrible fielding pct., cant get OB, clutch hits are rare, etc, etc.. Rebuild is the word, not "re-tool" as there frankly is not much to re-tool with unless you want to spend LOTS of BUCKS on guys who have not proven themselves in past 2 years.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We will get huge hauls for all of are players lmao
Such a sellers market teams will overpay!!!

I posted Olney you found some dumbass article by a Boston beat writer.

can’t wait to watch you beat your chest on the returns just like you did for Joc lol

getting a prospect for Joc of any quality made sense. It was never “this guy gonna be an all star” it was about gaining a young asset with control for a guy that wont be a cub in a few months. Imagine not being able to grasp this concept

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It is the timing. Right when the trade winds pop up. He acts like he is focused on winning vs signing contracts. Then he pulls a tank job.

Mills only gave up 1 ER with 4 via errors. If it was one here or there fine. But a implosion in the same inning?

I might be wrong but it is too convient. Then Rizzo lets a slow grounder turn into another run?

Shoot at min head not in the game. Max they got together and decided to wreck Jed's market for insulting them.
Wow. Just saw this gem from earlier this week.

Baez has been hot for over a month and you’re suggesting he is intentionally trying to look bad. In the season before free agency.

Just “wow”. ?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I agree.

Javy has down graded to non prospect return.
Kimbrel has the most value.
Bryant was picking it up but post ASG .133/.188/.267

They are coming out of the gates flat again. They only hit for Kyle as usual. Then they look like a bunch of scrub little league hitters when another pitcher toes the rubber.

Just look at the stats. Kyle gets mucho love.
Javy won’t return a prospect?
?