2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Now the reason why the Cubs maybe good next year in the after math is Thompson and Steel both got a taste this year. Both have been moved to Iowa to start.

That puts the rotation of controlled at:

Hendricks, Alzolay, Williams, Steel and Thompson.

They would have the big gun pending and Abbott most likely pushed into late innings.

Over all Jed might be able to compete next year and get a strong filter of talent infused and pending.
Lol that is not a competitive rotation.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cubs better get more prospects than that in that trade.
Who the fuck wants two 30+ yr olds that are much closer to the end than the beginning? Plus Ricketts taking on more money? Please.....Fortunately, it's @CSF77 making this call so the chances of it happening are slim at best.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Who the fuck wants two 30+ yr olds that are much closer to the end than the beginning? Plus Ricketts taking on more money? Please.....Fortunately, it's @CSF77 making this call so the chances of it happening are slim at best.
Lol let's trade all our good trade chips and get back one good prospect. On top of that we'll take a bunch of money from them so we can field an expensive shit team next year, instead of using that money wisely. Idk why he keeps pushing this narrative. Myers and Hosmer don't help us contend next year, but if they get us multiple good prospects then fine I'll take them.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Jesus Lazardo for Marte…

it’s almost as if sellers are getting nice returns for what they are selling?!

but wait, that can’t be right…LOL

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Jesus Lazardo for Marte…

it’s almost as if sellers are getting nice returns for what they are selling?!

but wait, that can’t be right…LOL

The $5 million was just a throw in

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ya 'rental'

I have said this for a while now. A rental normally does not get a top 100 player.

2016 rental was to break a 'curse'.

We have to remember that Bryant is a top end player. Like Manny Machado is on SD. But he is not a generational talent like Tatis Jr.

Teams are not going to flock up like they are doing for Max right now. Pitching>hitting at the deadline. Max changes the dynamic of a team in a series. Kris gets up to the plate 1 out of 9 times.

That is why control>rental. It is unusual cases that teams target rentals and it has to do with drapping payroll at season end vs gaining talent.
You see the Starling Marte trade?

EDIT: It would be hard not to as the previous posts discussed it. ?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lol that is not a competitive rotation.

Depends on Steel and Thompson. Both have been pushed into higher presure situations that starters normally dont get into. That is solid experence for them. They both handled their business and now are building up their pitch counts in Iowa.

Now Williams I posted because he is better than Mills. I didnt post Marquez because he has not thrown a pitch this year. But he could become that x-factor.

So ya. I see this rotation as being potentially really good. 3 of the guys pound mid 90's another low 90 and Hendricks is Hendricks.

Abbott strikes fools out. That plays up better in short high leverage. He might even become a potential closer with his arsonal.

Regardless I look at it from potential. Every pitcher has to start some where. Of the above Alzolay worries me the most. He can't beat lefties. Boy needs a change pretty bad.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You see the Starling Marte trade?

EDIT: It would be hard not to as the previous posts discussed it. ?

Jesús Luzardo​

Uhm he is not a top 100 prospect.

His ERA near 7. Ya that was a rebuild it as we now have time grab.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Jesús Luzardo​

Uhm he is not a top 100 prospect.

His ERA near 7. Ya that was a rebuild it as we now have time grab.
Ok. He was #18 not long ago, but yeah, he sucks. Everyone writing about the Marte trade describes it as "coming at a steep price", but, yeah....

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ok. He was #18 not long ago, but yeah, he sucks. Everyone writing about the Marte trade describes it as "coming at a steep price", but, yeah....

Im not saying he is bad but two teams in diffrent directions. Miami can let him suck to get good later on. A's cant afford it.

Hell he might end up great. But we are talking about a snap shot in time. Right now his value was low enough to be sent for a rental. He was acomplished that deal never happens.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Lol let's trade all our good trade chips and get back one good prospect. On top of that we'll take a bunch of money from them so we can field an expensive shit team next year, instead of using that money wisely. Idk why he keeps pushing this narrative. Myers and Hosmer don't help us contend next year, but if they get us multiple good prospects then fine I'll take them.

I would never do it unless CJ was involved. But from what was said Preller was trying to trade Hosmer and his #4 #50 in baseball for Gallo. Rangers passed and went to the Yanks.

So Preller is using prospects to remove Hosmer. It is what it is. The only guy that moves that dial is Bryant. But I would expand it.

Now on CJ. He is #8 on the MLB top 100. He is blocked by a few players. I dont see a future for him in SD. Seeing how Preller tryed to use his #4 vs his #2 to get a equal player and move Hosmer.

Lets face it Prellerwont move anything unless he can move Hosmer.

On Hosmer. His contract drops to 13M per from 2023- Not a hard contract to move later on.

Meyers has a opt in 23.

So this would be a one year extend to get the farm closer.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Im not saying he is bad but two teams in diffrent directions. Miami can let him suck to get good later on. A's cant afford it.

Hell he might end up great. But we are talking about a snap shot in time. Right now his value was low enough to be sent for a rental. He was acomplished that deal never happens.
Every trade this week will be between "two teams in different directions". Contenders aren't trading with one another.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Padres, Giants and Dodgers all in on Scherzer. Cubs probably waiting that out to pounce on the losers with Kimbrel as a consolation prize to a desperate team trying to keep up.

If I'm Padres or giants I'm doing whatever it takes to keep scherzer out of LA.