2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Now Bryant and the Rays match up if Jed eats most of Bryant's remaining. I was thinking Shane Baz. RHP AAA ranked #72 on the top 100. He would slot into the rotation next year.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Interesting how as trade deadline approaches players on the block start hitting "more regularly", seems to happen every year. In one way good for Cubs as it makes for some more wins, good for them as it appears those players offer punch for teams in need, question from management and fans is "where were you in June and July?".

On another note, last nights win was a grinding one, Baez end of 9th hit was great.... then you watch his antics and reminded me of Carlton Fisk getting after Deoin Sanders . Baez was supposed to be this 5 tool guy, his career has been up and down and has not lived up to potential by any stretch and then he finds it necessary to disrespect the Reds with that hit... Get to 1st base and celebrate, stop acting out over 1 game winning hit. You are not one of the best players in the game, none of them act in that manner. Frankly, can't wait for this guy to be traded (he may end up being a Soler in terms of what he does for another team), but he is not the guy the Cubs need on this team IMO.
This is insanely dumb. So far from the truth.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Unless the Cubs traded for Amir Garrett, why the hell are we discussing him in the trade deadline thread?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Now Bryant and the Rays match up if Jed eats most of Bryant's remaining. I was thinking Shane Baz. RHP AAA ranked #72 on the top 100. He would slot into the rotation next year.
Trade Kris Bryant, pay his salary and get back #72?

no thanks

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Message board grammar police are the best kind of grammar police

Know vs. No ..... is not like "than vs. then" type grammar police, it's fundamental literacy.

To be fair, "knowone" expects a Trumpanzee like you to appreciate nor care about such subtleties cause Murica.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Know vs. No ..... is not like "than vs. then" type grammar police, it's fundamental literacy.

To be fair, "knowone" expects a Trumpanzee like you to appreciate nor care about such subtleties cause Murica.

Yous rights sir, mes justs a dumb unedumacated republican.

Fucking clown.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
07/27/21Chicago Cubs optioned RHP Keegan Thompson to Iowa Cubs.
07/27/21Chicago Cubs recalled RHP Cory Abbott from Iowa Cubs.
07/27/21Chicago Cubs recalled LHP Kyle Ryan from Iowa Cubs.
07/26/21Chicago Cubs traded LHP Andrew Chafin to Oakland Athletics for 1B Greg Deichmann and RHP Daniel Palencia.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Trade Kris Bryant, pay his salary and get back #72?

no thanks

For a rental? Come on now. Teams normally only trade top 100 only for controlled players. Paying Bryants bill might not even enough to pull a top 100 talent.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So it sounds like Max will ok a deal to the west coast. I see it as Dodgers as the fav. The Bauer drama is heating up and they could use a major boost to push ahead of the Giants.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
For a rental? Come on now. Teams normally only trade top 100 only for controlled players. Paying Bryants bill might not even enough to pull a top 100 talent.
Really?

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Assuming they are targeting Bart, I would assume Contreras could be on the move as well..
Probably. Unless Bart can play elsewhere. Dont know where tho.