2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

jts1207

Liked Posts:
We’re still talking about a 26-year-old corner outfielder who has struck out in excess of 30% of the time at his last couple stops, and that’s scary, but Deichmann crushes righties and is pretty likely to play some sort of part-time role, at least. His walk rates exploded early in 2021 and it only took him a couple of weeks to accumulate nearly as many walks as he did in all of ’19. This may be a small sample blip or an indication of a change that could enable Deichmann to fit in as more than just a corner platoon bat, but he’s most likely that.

30% k rate….should fit right in

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ahhh yes…right on cue. After everyone else is in agreement the cubs made a solid trade, here he comes to tell us how the cubs got shit

never leave that hill

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Ahhh yes…right on cue. After everyone else is in agreement the cubs made a solid trade, here he comes to tell us how the cubs got shit

never leave that hill

Every trade is a solid trade to you. Proving my point

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Every trade is a solid trade to you. Proving my point

apparently you think only 55+ grade prospects are worthwhile. Anything less, we got fleeced

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Honestly, though, Kimbrel pitching is not what's best for us right now.

Don't need to see him look bad. Don't need an injury. Get this guy and go sit for three days.

He just threw his last pitch for the Cubs. Kudos, Kimbrel!!

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Chafin was a no name at the beginning of the year, and with this trade and the Pederson trade we get much more control back for some great power that is big league ready.

JP Hochbaum

Liked Posts:
Looking at Deishmann history, his first couple years he had some bad injuries that slowed him down. It looks like the Cubs got an older rookie who can likely improve with just more playing time.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Cubs got Baez in for the pinch hit win. That was smart. Show that heel injury isn’t serious

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Just saw the guy we got for Chafin also plays 3B. Rush him to Chicago and we can field five 3rd basemen tomorrow instead of the 4 we had tonight.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Cubs got a 21 year old pitcher in the chafin trade. Palencia or something. Fangraphs has him as the A’s number 12 prospect

#8 and #12 out of the A’s system is a pretty solid deal for a rental set up guy

CSF77

Liked Posts:
The Hosmer contract is almost as bad as the Heyward contract. The Padres would have to attach him to some significant prospects to get rid of him.

13 mil per for the late part.

I would do it to get Abrams. About it. If they are just looking to dip under tax and dont want to give up anything worth a damn. But want a expiring deal then Davies for Hosmer and a prospect. Cubs are getting Steel ready. This frees up 1B for Rizzo to be traded for the next prospect.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ya that kid plays in LV which is Colorado west. His OPS is inflated. If he went up against MLB pitching Im expecting Wisdom with more walks and less HR'S.

But he has a 70 scale power rate. 11 HR are his high point. It makes me think that his swing needs to be reworked to generate power.

Regardless it is a decent return for a rental. I am not mad at all getting something workable for Chaffin.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cubs got a 21 year old pitcher in the chafin trade. Palencia or something. Fangraphs has him as the A’s number 12 prospect

#8 and #12 out of the A’s system is a pretty solid deal for a rental set up guy
Yeah, on paper it looks like a decent move. But since I don't follow minor league baseball, I think I'll just wait till I see these guys play before judging the trade. In the end, they moved a 30 something reliever pitching the best he's ever done or may ever do...so, it was great timing.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Just saw the guy we got for Chafin also plays 3B. Rush him to Chicago and we can field five 3rd basemen tomorrow instead of the 4 we had tonight.

This is a great post.

I was pretty happy seeing Bote at 2B, Nico at SS and Duffy at 3B. Duffy was hitting .300 at Iowa. He must have forgot his bat back there.

Bote has been quite decent since returning. I am ok if we end up with that MI til Oct.

3B hard to tell to be honest. Duffy has good D but if he is not hitting .300 he is a waste od space.

Wisdom has too much all or nothing going on. Even on D. One play he fires a 95MPH laser. Next one bounces off his mit.

If he could ever put it all together he would be deadly.

So ya 3B is still a issue going forward.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Probably insurance if Happ can’t figure out what went wrong in the offseason. The pitcher they got was the real target.

Bust

Liked Posts:
If they trade Kris Bryant for anything less than an organization's own Top 5 prospect they should be shot. Even that is bad value.

Teams know he's a free agent after this year and Boras is his client so.

Cubs get something for him or lose him for nothing at the end of the year. It's all a big poker game

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Probably insurance if Happ can’t figure out what went wrong in the offseason. The pitcher they got was the real target.

lol no it wasn’t