2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

dchawks59

Liked Posts:
Interesting how as trade deadline approaches players on the block start hitting "more regularly", seems to happen every year. In one way good for Cubs as it makes for some more wins, good for them as it appears those players offer punch for teams in need, question from management and fans is "where were you in June and July?".

On another note, last nights win was a grinding one, Baez end of 9th hit was great.... then you watch his antics and reminded me of Carlton Fisk getting after Deoin Sanders . Baez was supposed to be this 5 tool guy, his career has been up and down and has not lived up to potential by any stretch and then he finds it necessary to disrespect the Reds with that hit... Get to 1st base and celebrate, stop acting out over 1 game winning hit. You are not one of the best players in the game, none of them act in that manner. Frankly, can't wait for this guy to be traded (he may end up being a Soler in terms of what he does for another team), but he is not the guy the Cubs need on this team IMO.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Interesting how as trade deadline approaches players on the block start hitting "more regularly", seems to happen every year. In one way good for Cubs as it makes for some more wins, good for them as it appears those players offer punch for teams in need, question from management and fans is "where were you in June and July?".

On another note, last nights win was a grinding one, Baez end of 9th hit was great.... then you watch his antics and reminded me of Carlton Fisk getting after Deoin Sanders . Baez was supposed to be this 5 tool guy, his career has been up and down and has not lived up to potential by any stretch and then he finds it necessary to disrespect the Reds with that hit... Get to 1st base and celebrate, stop acting out over 1 game winning hit. You are not one of the best players in the game, none of them act in that manner. Frankly, can't wait for this guy to be traded (he may end up being a Soler in terms of what he does for another team), but he is not the guy the Cubs need on this team IMO.
There is history between him and Garrett. Bench clearing history. That was two guys that dislike each other and this time Baez stuck it to him.

The walking bit was due to him being down with a heel injury. I would be walking also.

dchawks59

Liked Posts:
There is history between him and Garrett. Bench clearing history. That was two guys that dislike each other and this time Baez stuck it to him.

The walking bit was due to him being down with a heel injury. I would be walking also.
heel injury or no,his antics with the bat and attitude fell way short of a professional athlete, at least in the Fisk way of playing the game. A guy who is leading the league in strikeouts, next to last in fielding at his position, OBP that is in a hole, should think again about acting out... enjoy the moment, stuck it to the pitcher simply by winning the game- nothing else needed. Baez may prove his 5 tool forecast somewhere else, do not believe he is that guy since he hasn't changed since he came to the Cubs... however, one never knows.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
heel injury or no,his antics with the bat and attitude fell way short of a professional athlete, at least in the Fisk way of playing the game. A guy who is leading the league in strikeouts, next to last in fielding at his position, OBP that is in a hole, should think again about acting out... enjoy the moment, stuck it to the pitcher simply by winning the game- nothing else needed. Baez may prove his 5 tool forecast somewhere else, do not believe he is that guy since he hasn't changed since he came to the Cubs... however, one never knows.

Frustration boiling over more than anything. They know the end is near

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Because you always no more than anybody right?

What’s the point of your tweet? I stated the main target was the OF, not the pitcher. As the OF has the better grade. But sure, go ahead thinking the 40 grade pitcher is the real gem. You’re all over the place dude. If I had said he’s a stud you’d say I think that about every prospect. Now I’m saying one was a throw in. So I guess I don’t just assume every haul is great after all

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
Do you realize Garrett has done this same thing to him multiple times when he's struck him out?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you realize Garrett has done this same thing to him multiple times when he's struck him out?
I was going to respond, but when he said Baez has in no way lived up to his potential. I knew he was not someone to debate.

Started the all star game at 2nd and SS.

2nd in MVP

GG

He just straight garbage lol

jts1207

Liked Posts:
What’s the point of your tweet? I stated the main target was the OF, not the pitcher. As the OF has the better grade. But sure, go ahead thinking the 40 grade pitcher is the real gem. You’re all over the place dude. If I had said he’s a stud you’d say I think that about every prospect. Now I’m saying one was a throw in. So I guess I don’t just assume every haul is great after all

Because you are under the assumption you know everything. You don’t

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Because you are under the assumption you know everything. You don’t

hey at least this time you used the correct “know” instead of “no”

yes, I “no” more than you do…not that that says much at all

jts1207

Liked Posts:
hey at least this time you used the correct “know” instead of “no”

yes, I “no” more than you do…not that that says much at all

Message board grammar police are the best kind of grammar police

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ok panties are up in a wad. Got ya.

More interesting stuff.

After the Chaffin deal Jed did not back fill a active roster spot. Bote came back on Megill being sent down. There was no back fill to replace Chaffin.

So the why bit has me intrigued.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

Few things.

Boston has talked about Rizzo.

White Sox want Tepera.

Padres want Kimbrel but want to keep out of tax. They want to flip Hosmer.

So if the pieces move.

Kimbrel for Hosmer and one of their top 4.

Rizzo to Boston for prospect.

Tepera to sox for equal to Chaffin's deal.

Aftermath:

Hosmer to 1B
2 openings to the 40/26 man.

Still have Baez and Bryant to flip.

Davies is a bit of a wild card. I have heard nothing on him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Few things.

Boston has talked about Rizzo.

White Sox want Tepera.

Padres want Kimbrel but want to keep out of tax. They want to flip Hosmer.

So if the pieces move.

Kimbrel for Hosmer and one of their top 4.

Rizzo to Boston for prospect.

Tepera to sox for equal to Chaffin's deal.

Aftermath:

Hosmer to 1B
2 openings to the 40/26 man.

Still have Baez and Bryant to flip.

Davies is a bit of a wild card. I have heard nothing on him.
In no way, should the Cubs take on a big contract for the most desirable guy at the deadline.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
In no way, should the Cubs take on a big contract for the most desirable guy at the deadline.

Even if you get CJ. He is ranked #8. To be honest you sell your soul for a top 10.