2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

jts1207

Liked Posts:
We will trade Bryant and Kimbrel for peanuts. Nobody wants Rizzo. Contreras maybe. Baez hopefully. We have a lot of junk nobody wants and this isn’t a great year for sellers

Last edited:

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
We will trade Bryant and Kimbrel for peanuts. Nobody wants Rizzo. Contreras maybe. Baez hopefully. We have a lot of junk nobody wants and this isn’t a great year for sellers

aside from being wrong on the value of the players the cubs have individually…

how is it not a great year for sellers? Supply and demand is what determines this, and right now there aren’t many sellers…thus, making demand spike

jts1207

Liked Posts:
aside from being wrong on the value of the players the cubs have individually…

how is it not a great year for sellers? Supply and demand is what determines this, and right now there aren’t many sellers…thus, making demand spike

I’m not wrong on value.

Who’s not selling? The NL itself is about locked up including WCs. Less teams looking to buy

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Rizzo and Boston match up.

Athletics need a SS.

White Sox could use Bryant and Kimbrel. They don't need them as they are getting players back.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m not wrong on value.

Who’s not selling? The NL itself is about locked up including WCs. Less teams looking to buy

ill go along with your premise…let’s look at the St. Louis cardinals. Who are they selling? What makes the cubs situation unique is all the final year of contract guys they have that also have some sort of value(we can argue on amount of value all we want, we will find out eventually what value they have based off any deals that happen in the next 22 days), the cards aren’t in that situation despite having almost identical records.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The bullpen has been the one constant on this team.....keeping them in games while the Cubs score their usual 2 or 3 runs. Given their ages, most if not all of them should be on the table.....potential playoff teams are always looking to bulk up their pen whether they have a playoff spot locked up or not.

Steve_A

Liked Posts:
Harper is overrated and neither have ever won anything. Angels might have the 2 best players in baseball and are still terrible
I know but wouldn’t it be fun to have a huge home grown talent on the team?
Harper was good. Trout probably was the best till Shohei / Tatis / Vlad came around.
Bryant was great but the team needed more then him or Javy as a building block.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Wisdom becoming a thing this year is interesting just because it gives the cubs a short term guy at 3B when they deal bryant. I was never thrilled by the idea of Bote every day but I rather like Wisdom

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Wisdom becoming a thing this year is interesting just because it gives the cubs a short term guy at 3B when they deal bryant. I was never thrilled by the idea of Bote every day but I rather like Wisdom

Every day you are talking 50 HR and 240 SO. And this is not joking. His current pace of HR"s over 600 PA'S is 65. So 50 is a realist value for him.

He is at 120 PA now. Full time expect 260 more. He is at 10% ATM. 38 this year might seem a bit insane but that is what he is doing right now.

Last edited:

jts1207

Liked Posts:
ill go along with your premise…let’s look at the St. Louis cardinals. Who are they selling? What makes the cubs situation unique is all the final year of contract guys they have that also have some sort of value(we can argue on amount of value all we want, we will find out eventually what value they have based off any deals that happen in the next 22 days), the cards aren’t in that situation despite having almost identical records.

jts1207

Liked Posts:

Not really liking any of these

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers

so you don’t understand what a sellers market actually is. Got it

if there’s 8 teams with playoff chances of 80% or more, that means there’s 8 really really fucking good baseball teams that are all competing for a World Series. If one of those teams shows interest in KB or whomstever on the cubs, then the other 7 teams will all take notice and start having internal conversations about if they should make the move on said player instead to keep the first team from getting him and putting them over the top

also, you never answered my question about whomst the cards can offer realistically in trades? That’s the thing…there are teams that are out of the playoff races that simply don’t have anything to offer contenders in trades.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
so you don’t understand what a sellers market actually is. Got it

if there’s 8 teams with playoff chances of 80% or more, that means there’s 8 really really fucking good baseball teams that are all competing for a World Series. If one of those teams shows interest in KB or whomstever on the cubs, then the other 7 teams will all take notice and start having internal conversations about if they should make the move on said player instead to keep the first team from getting him and putting them over the top

also, you never answered my question about whomst the cards can offer realistically in trades? That’s the thing…there are teams that are out of the playoff races that simply don’t have anything to offer contenders in trades.

Why do you keep mentioning just the Cardinals lol. I post a tweet from Olney saying the market will be flooded and you double down. Apparently you don’t understand supply and demand.

What does the term “buyers market” mean to you?

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Why do you keep mentioning just the Cardinals lol. I post a tweet from Olney saying the market will be flooded and you double down. Apparently you don’t understand supply and demand.

What does the term “buyers market” mean to you?

it was one example of a team that would be in sellers mode if they had anything to sell. There are other teams in that situation as well, I didn’t realize I needed to list ALL of the teams in that situation for you to comprehend what I’m telling you

not sure why you’re asking me what a buyers market is when we are talking about it being a sellers market. I also find it cute that you keep expecting me to answer all of your questions when you have yet to answer any of mine.

but here ya go…

Maybe that’ll help you to understand

Last edited:

jts1207

Liked Posts:
it was one example of a team that would be in sellers mode if they had anything to sell. There are other teams in that situation as well, I didn’t realize I needed to list ALL of the teams in that situation for you to comprehend what I’m telling you

not sure why you’re asking me what a buyers market is when we are talking about it being a sellers market. I also find it cute that you keep expecting me to answer all of your questions when you have yet to answer any of mine.

but here ya go…

Maybe that’ll help you to understand

Not sure why you are making this so difficult. I posted a link from Olney. A buyers market means it’s good for the buyer. We are selling in said market.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Not sure why you are making this so difficult. I posted a link from Olney. A buyers market means it’s good for the buyer. We are selling in said market.

and I posted an article explaining why it’s a sellers market. Olney is wrong if he’s claiming it’s a buyers market. Here’s a list of the teams that are for sure in sell mode and actually have valuable pieces to trade…

cubs
Rockies
Twins
Blue jays

that’s really about it. That’s 4 of 30 teams. Yeah, that’s not a buyers market

since you don’t believe me I’m sure…go ahead and google “mlb trade deadline” then click the news tab and put the settings on only in the last week so you get the recent info…and then look at the articles and tell me the teams you see being linked to being sellers. You’ll see a fuck ton of cubs articles, and then like 1 or two twins/blue jays/Rockies articles and that’s it. No other teams are really ever mentioned as sellers lately

jts1207

Liked Posts:
and I posted an article explaining why it’s a sellers market. Olney is wrong if he’s claiming it’s a buyers market. Here’s a list of the teams that are for sure in sell mode and actually have valuable pieces to trade…

cubs
Rockies
Twins
Blue jays

that’s really about it. That’s 4 of 30 teams. Yeah, that’s not a buyers market

since you don’t believe me I’m sure…go ahead and google “mlb trade deadline” then click the news tab and put the settings on only in the last week so you get the recent info…and then look at the articles and tell me the teams you see being linked to being sellers. You’ll see a fuck ton of cubs articles, and then like 1 or two twins/blue jays/Rockies articles and that’s it. No other teams are really ever mentioned as sellers lately

You are right. Every team in the league will be running up the bids because of so few sellers. Olney is wrong and your google search is right. Got it

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Buyers market means many sellers. Driving the prices down.

Sellers market means few sellers driving prices up.

Teams that I seeing as sellers.

Cubs
Rockies
Marlins
Pirates
Diamondbacks
Orioles
Royals
Twins
Texas

9 teams that are out of it.

Of these teams
Rockies have 2 big chips
Cubs have 5 chips
Marlins not sure.
Pirates 1 that I know of.
Twins are selling and could be a big player.

I believe that it a decent market. 2 contenders fell out early and both have good pieces. Col might have the best hitter. Boras disagrees.

I see it as having a solid amount of players that the contenders will battle for.

Call it what you will.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
You are right. Every team in the league will be running up the bids because of so few sellers. Olney is wrong and your google search is right. Got it

tell me which teams/players are going to be in demand that I have not mentioned already? Since you are so sure it’s a buyers market, that should be easy to rattle off a list

also, I’d explain to you why olneys comment is misleading, but you wouldn’t grasp it…as I’ve already mentioned previously why it is