I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Buyers market means many sellers. Driving the prices down.

Sellers market means few sellers driving prices up.

Teams that I seeing as sellers.

Cubs
Rockies
Marlins
Pirates
Diamondbacks
Orioles
Royals
Twins
Texas

9 teams that are out of it.

Of these teams
Rockies have 2 big chips
Cubs have 5 chips
Marlins not sure.
Pirates 1 that I know of.
Twins are selling and could be a big player.

I believe that it a decent market. 2 contenders fell out early and both have good pieces. Col might have the best hitter. Boras disagrees.

I see it as having a solid amount of players that the contenders will battle for.

Call it what you will.

rangers, royals, orioles, diamondbacks, pirates, marlins have very little to offer contending teams. That’s what jts isn’t realizing. Just because a team is out of contention, doesn’t mean they have pieces to offer contending teams. They suck because the quality of their players is low, and the few decent pieces they have are under team control for the most part. To be a seller, you have to actually have players to sell… not just have a bad record

CSF77

Liked Posts:
rangers, royals, orioles, diamondbacks, pirates, marlins have very little to offer contending teams. That’s what jts isn’t realizing. Just because a team is out of contention, doesn’t mean they have pieces to offer contending teams. They suck because the quality of their players is low, and the few decent pieces they have are under team control for the most part. To be a seller, you have to actually have players to sell… not just have a bad record

Royals do but they won't trade who teams want. Soler is baggage.

Pirates have one guy.

Fish might deal Marte.

So there will be some action.

But the Cubs, Rockies and the Twins are the big players. Texas has a SP not sure if he is still to be honest with you.

I would say that the market lacks a impact starter that inflates Davies value a bit.

Hitting market it will be a bit flooded.

Closer Kimbrel could even goto a team looking to contend in 2022.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Royals do but they won't trade who teams want. Soler is baggage.

Pirates have one guy.

Fish might deal Marte.

So there will be some action.

But the Cubs, Rockies and the Twins are the big players. Texas has a SP not sure if he is still to be honest with you.

I would say that the market lacks a impact starter that inflates Davies value a bit.

Hitting market it will be a bit flooded.

Closer Kimbrel could even goto a team looking to contend in 2022.

exactly, they aren’t looking to trade away the guys they have control over. Hell, I even threw the blue jays in as sellers, but they are 3.5 games out of the WC, so they aren’t locks to end up sellers. I mentioned them because if they do decide to sell, they at least have pieces that would have demand.

I’ve heard the Marlins want to keep Marte

Donaldson of the twins is the guy that is holding back KB’s market a lil bit. And story holds back baez’s market some. Other than that, the cubs players on the market don’t really have competition that is as good or better than them at their respective positions, that will actually be available

davies and/or hendricks will both have great value on the market due to the lack of starters available, and there being 8 teams all thinking they can win the WS this year. I know nobody wants to trade hendricks…but, a starter of his caliber in a market desperate for starting pitching and he has two more years at a team friendly 14 mil per…cubs could get some great value for him this deadline if they want to

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well Dodgers might be buyers in pitching. Bauer might need to change it up to tennis to work on his back hand.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
This is amusing. I guess you’ll see once the trades are made.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
exactly, they aren’t looking to trade away the guys they have control over. Hell, I even threw the blue jays in as sellers, but they are 3.5 games out of the WC, so they aren’t locks to end up sellers. I mentioned them because if they do decide to sell, they at least have pieces that would have demand.

I’ve heard the Marlins want to keep Marte

Donaldson of the twins is the guy that is holding back KB’s market a lil bit. And story holds back baez’s market some. Other than that, the cubs players on the market don’t really have competition that is as good or better than them at their respective positions, that will actually be available

davies and/or hendricks will both have great value on the market due to the lack of starters available, and there being 8 teams all thinking they can win the WS this year. I know nobody wants to trade hendricks…but, a starter of his caliber in a market desperate for starting pitching and he has two more years at a team friendly 14 mil per…cubs could get some great value for him this deadline if they want to

Donaldson has a bit of contract going on right now.

He is a different market than Bryant.

Donaldson is for a team looking to stabilize

Bryant is more of a temp piece to fill a void. Injury more likely.

Mets are more likely to target Donaldson. That team needs longer term

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
This is amusing. I guess you’ll see once the trades are made.

this was the anticipated response to me asking you to provide actual teams/names to back up your claim.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
this was the anticipated response to me asking you to provide actual teams/names to back up your claim.

What claim? I’ve posted several links you’ve chose to ignore lmao

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
What claim? I’ve posted several links you’ve chose to ignore lmao

you posted a tweet of which I’ve already explained the flaws in the logic of. And then an article about the twins, of which in the opening paragraph mentions “league wide needs.” Meaning tons of teams are out looking to fill those needs. I.E. - lots of buyers, not enough sellers. Your own article contradicts your claim that it’s a buyers market. But do go ahead and post more links…

:deer:

jts1207

Liked Posts:
you posted a tweet of which I’ve already explained the flaws in the logic of. And then an article about the twins, of which in the opening paragraph mentions “league wide needs.” Meaning tons of teams are out looking to fill those needs. I.E. - lots of buyers, not enough sellers. Your own article contradicts your claim that it’s a buyers market. But do go ahead and post more links…

:deer:

Ok ….Olney doesn’t know what he’s talking about and your google article is better than mine because you didn’t read it. I also posted proposals from mlb all which should tell you what to expect. Carry on ….we will be getting hauls on all are garbage

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Ok ….Olney doesn’t know what he’s talking about and your google article is better than mine because you didn’t read it. I also posted proposals from mlb all which should tell you what to expect. Carry on ….we will be getting hauls on all are garbage

*our

olney pointed out there’s 8 teams with 80% chance of making the playoffs. I pointed out how that creates bidding wars amongst those 8. You ignore that aspect of things. I mention how not all of the other 22 teams auto become sellers just because they aren’t one of those 8. Again, you ignore.

I did read your article, that’s how I know it contradicts what you’re saying. The question is…did YOU read your article?!

what proposals did you mention from MLB?

what type of prospects do you think the cubs players will yield? You haven’t even said…all you say is…cUbS pLaYeRs R tRaSh, cUbS gIt NoThInG gUd 4 dEm!

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I’m not wrong on value.

Who’s not selling? The NL itself is about locked up including WCs. Less teams looking to buy

I ask you again…who is selling other than the cubs twins and Rockies that actually have players desired by contenders?

this was your initial claim when this shit discussion began

jts1207

Liked Posts:
I ask you again…who is selling other than the cubs twins and Rockies that actually have players desired by contenders?

this was your initial claim when this shit discussion began

My point was and is that there are less buyers and more sellers due to the races. You argued against. Olney tweeted about it and you said he’s an idiot.

please check for grammar lmao

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
My point was and is that there are less buyers and more sellers due to the races. You argued against. Olney tweeted about it and you said he’s an idiot.

please check for grammar lmao

just because someone is not a buyer, does not make them a seller. I don’t know why this notion continues to elude you

and I said he’s wrong if he believes that all the other teams are sellers like you seem to

jts1207

Liked Posts:
just because someone is not a buyer, does not make them a seller. I don’t know why this notion continues to elude you

and I said he’s wrong if he believes that all the other teams are sellers like you seem to

Guess I’ll take Olneys word for it

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Guess I’ll take Olneys word for it

still can’t tell us who all these sellers are huh? Figured as much

yeah, our two all stars will only get us “peanuts” as you put it because there are so many “sellers” out there and not enough buyers

:jonesy:

jts1207

Liked Posts:
still can’t tell us who all these sellers are huh? Figured as much

yeah, our two all stars will only get us “peanuts” as you put it because there are so many “sellers” out there and not enough buyers

:jonesy:

Cubs are the only sellers! We will rake these trades bro! Can’t wait to have all these other teams top 5 prospects added. We gots All Stars

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Cubs are the only sellers! We will rake these trades bro! Can’t wait to have all these other teams top 5 prospects added. We gots All Stars

if naming 3 or 4 teams makes the cubs the only sellers then sure. That fits your capability to grasp basic concepts. KB and Kimbrel will net some solid prospects. Not sure why you want to die on the hill of them getting “peanuts” in return. But, you probably think the cubs got “peanuts” in return for darvish too…

jts1207

Liked Posts:
if naming 3 or 4 teams makes the cubs the only sellers then sure. That fits your capability to grasp basic concepts. KB and Kimbrel will net some solid prospects. Not sure why you want to die on the hill of them getting “peanuts” in return. But, you probably think the cubs got “peanuts” in return for darvish too…

Now it’s all coming together. We should get something decent for KB and Kimbrel…not these huge hauls you have envisioned because( checks notes) …only 4 teams are moving players

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Check the link i posted and see if you’d be happy with any of those