2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

CSF77

Liked Posts:
if naming 3 or 4 teams makes the cubs the only sellers then sure. That fits your capability to grasp basic concepts. KB and Kimbrel will net some solid prospects. Not sure why you want to die on the hill of them getting “peanuts” in return. But, you probably think the cubs got “peanuts” in return for darvish too…

KB will be repressed a bit. Cubs best return IMO Bundle with Kimbrel and get Vaughn and 2 arms with upside.

NYM I see targeting Donnaldson. More stable with Confronto's FA pending.

Yankees I don't count them out but they are better off holding the deck.

A's need a SS. Baez is a good match up. Story also but I could see them underpaying and going with Jed.

There are sleepers like PHI and WAS. But I see them as pretenders and not a good bet going in.

If I had to say the two biggest teams looking to splash right now?
White Sox.
Padres.

Pads have 0 rings and have invested big. They are a team that could shock the market again.

White Sox well because they are right there. As a play off team they are the scariest team going in. They get Eloy and Roberts back that team be a team to avoid.

Padres could even be in on Bryant and Davies. Kimbrel reunion? Why not.

So that is my opinion right now. Padres and White Sox should look to be big rollers. The Giants look like they are going nowhere so the Padres will need to stack the deck.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs
Bryant
Kimbrel
Davies

Padres
Wil Meyers
Robert Hassell (55 grade)
Justin Lange (50 grade)

Push Meyers back to 1B. Honestly it was his most productive position.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Now it’s all coming together. We should get something decent for KB and Kimbrel…not these huge hauls you have envisioned because( checks notes) …only 4 teams are moving players

do show me where I’ve ever said “huge hauls”

You do realize the cubs #10, #11, #18, and #23 current ranked prospects came from the darvish trade, right? Along with Davies. The cubs got a nice return for darvish. If the cubs got something similar for KB, or instead of 4 guys they got like a #3 ranked farm player instead…that’d be a nice return for KB. Certainly not “peanuts” as you ignorantly claim

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
KB will be repressed a bit. Cubs best return IMO Bundle with Kimbrel and get Vaughn and 2 arms with upside.

NYM I see targeting Donnaldson. More stable with Confronto's FA pending.

Yankees I don't count them out but they are better off holding the deck.

A's need a SS. Baez is a good match up. Story also but I could see them underpaying and going with Jed.

There are sleepers like PHI and WAS. But I see them as pretenders and not a good bet going in.

If I had to say the two biggest teams looking to splash right now?
White Sox.
Padres.

Pads have 0 rings and have invested big. They are a team that could shock the market again.

White Sox well because they are right there. As a play off team they are the scariest team going in. They get Eloy and Roberts back that team be a team to avoid.

Padres could even be in on Bryant and Davies. Kimbrel reunion? Why not.

So that is my opinion right now. Padres and White Sox should look to be big rollers. The Giants look like they are going nowhere so the Padres will need to stack the deck.

Astros

ownership just told them that staying under the luxury tax isn’t important. They are going to be major buyers this deadline

package Kimbrel and KB. They need bullpen help big time. And KB can play the OF for them

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Astros

ownership just told them that staying under the luxury tax isn’t important. They are going to be major buyers this deadline

package Kimbrel and KB. They need bullpen help big time. And KB can play the OF for them

I'm not saying that it is a bad idea. But I wouldn't bet against Preller going all in.

My view point is Jed might be fine with taking Meyers back to offset cash if he can get a 55 and a 50 grade talent.

I could honestly see Meyers +4 here. 1 55 1 50 and 2x 45 grade players.

Bryant extending with SD? Well he went to College here and lives in LV. Up the 15. So ya I could see Preller going here. Kimbrel was a Padre. So that is going for them. Davies was a Padre.

Honestly it makes sense for both teams. Jed is going to trade Rizzo next and I expect Boston. Meyers goes to his most productive position of 1B. Jed gets a bit of control out of it and more Padre farm hands.

Astros sure. But Jed tends to goto the same trade partners. White Sox, Padres and Tigers have been his playmates.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm not saying that it is a bad idea. But I wouldn't bet against Preller going all in.

My view point is Jed might be fine with taking Meyers back to offset cash if he can get a 55 and a 50 grade talent.

I could honestly see Meyers +4 here. 1 55 1 50 and 2x 45 grade players.

Bryant extending with SD? Well he went to College here and lives in LV. Up the 15. So ya I could see Preller going here. Kimbrel was a Padre. So that is going for them. Davies was a Padre.

Honestly it makes sense for both teams. Jed is going to trade Rizzo next and I expect Boston. Meyers goes to his most productive position of 1B. Jed gets a bit of control out of it and more Padre farm hands.

Astros sure. But Jed tends to goto the same trade partners. White Sox, Padres and Tigers have been his playmates.

I agree with the possibility of getting more back by taking on salary in general…whether it’s the Padres or anyone else for that matter.

Padres, I just don’t see them needing Kimbrel as much as the astros do. Melancon has been solid for the Padres all year. Sure, Kimbrel is an upgrade…as he is for basically every team. But the astros have really struggled closing out games. I think they will pay more for Kimbrel than the Padres will. Bryant plays the OF for either team as 3B is already covered in both places

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Braves are sellers now

because Acuna just got hurt literally 10 min ago? Okay, they might be now if the injury is serious like it’s speculated to be. So who on the Braves will be available then? I doubt they would trade freeman or albies, as they view them as part of competing with Acuna in future years. So whomst are they going to trade away?

jts1207

Liked Posts:
because Acuna just got hurt literally 10 min ago? Okay, they might be now if the injury is serious like it’s speculated to be. So who on the Braves will be available then? I doubt they would trade freeman or albies, as they view them as part of competing with Acuna in future years. So whomst are they going to trade away?

I get it man. 4 teams are the only sellers. Carry on

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I agree with the possibility of getting more back by taking on salary in general…whether it’s the Padres or anyone else for that matter.

Padres, I just don’t see them needing Kimbrel as much as the astros do. Melancon has been solid for the Padres all year. Sure, Kimbrel is an upgrade…as he is for basically every team. But the astros have really struggled closing out games. I think they will pay more for Kimbrel than the Padres will. Bryant plays the OF for either team as 3B is already covered in both places

I don't disagree. I'll look at both teams later today.

Houston has something to prove also. But my gut check is Jed will deal with the same GM's that he has history with. Red Sox and Rizzo. Baez and A's. Big move Padres.

Houston is looking back in.
CWS burnt Jed on the Q deal. Not sure if he revisits it.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I get it man. 4 teams are the only sellers. Carry on
Figured, can’t name a guy off the braves roster. There’s some smaller name guys that might be available off their roster now. But the impact guys that are on contracts past this season won’t be, because the braves intend to contend again next year

jts1207

Liked Posts:
Figured, can’t name a guy off the braves roster. There’s some smaller name guys that might be available off their roster now. But the impact guys that are on contracts past this season won’t be, because the braves intend to contend again next year

The braves have the same record as the cubs and the mets are getting helathy and will add. They won't trade anybody.....glad you got it all figured out lol

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I mean... i think this boils down to two conversations. Yes the low level trades may be more flooded. But there's really little bearing on the high level trades because there aren't 4-5 kris bryants available. Sure teams can roll low on a player but that's rarely important anyways because teams that go for it go for it and teams that would shy away from bryant were never going to truly pay up anyways.

And the thing is, the cubs are guaranteed a QO pick for these players anyways so there's a lower limit to the type of trade they'd take.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Which I should add the difference in trading a player who you would offer a QO to and a player that wont receive one makes a big difference.

knoxville7

CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
The braves have the same record as the cubs and the mets are getting helathy and will add. They won't trade anybody.....glad you got it all figured out lol

yes, same record somehow = same situation. Do you even re read the shit you spout?!

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
I think SD is one of the more interesting teams headed to the deadline. They are in third place and expected to contend for the division but SF kinda leap frogged them. They are also a team where 40 man space is gonna become an issue for them so trading away future for now isn't as big of an issue since you can only protect so many people.

That division in general though is super interesting because you really don't wanna be the odd teams out having to play into the playoffs. And given how tightly they are packed using them against each other in trade talks is gonna be very interesting. All 3 have good farm systems too.

jts1207

Liked Posts:
yes, same record somehow = same situation. Do you even re read the shit you spout?!

I’m just glad you are smarter than people who do it for a living. We of the 4 teams selling have the only SS 3b and closer anybody wants. Braves obviously aren’t in sell mode. They don’t have any pitchers or positions players that could be moved at all. Just muh 4 teams. 3 weeks before the deadline and Nostradamus knows where each player is going lol. Get a job in the league rain man

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I mean... i think this boils down to two conversations. Yes the low level trades may be more flooded. But there's really little bearing on the high level trades because there aren't 4-5 kris bryants available. Sure teams can roll low on a player but that's rarely important anyways because teams that go for it go for it and teams that would shy away from bryant were never going to truly pay up anyways.

And the thing is, the cubs are guaranteed a QO pick for these players anyways so there's a lower limit to the

Padres are ranked #6 after their off load. Their 1-3 are top 50. Preller would never give them up. The #4 is in the 60's and I could see Jwd getting him.

The Padres are the best team to deal with still. The Astroes are ranked 2nd from the bottom. The worst is the Nationals.

Those 2 teams should be avoided right now due to them lacking quality returns.