2021 Cubs trade deadline thread

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That’s my problem with it. We’ve got guys on this board salivating over other teams. 8th or 9th best players they think will automatically show up in the bigs for us and be great. There have been plenty of our own prospects ranked higher than anything we currently have that never panned out.
Obviously it’s going to take more than today. Everyone knows that. Obviously not every player will work out.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Colorado must be ran by the stupidest team of ass clowns. They are looking at QO now when they had some nice pieces in a strong trade season.

What a bunch of clucks running that team into the shit can.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I’d rather watch a bad team full of young unproven players than what the Cubs presently were. A bad team full of overpaid and declining veteran players. To me it seemed the core quit on the season once the trade rumors started to fly.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Billionaires got their hotel,their rooftops,their dsigusting jumbotrons that junked the place up and just about everything else they wanted and this is how they show gratitude.

They must need the money to buy another Governorship for another Ricketts son.....isn't Ricketts a fucking disease?

Do the faithful continue to attend this bloodletting?

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
This really is a fire sale. LOL, as they say "you don't know the players without a scorecard".

I mean....who's left of the daily players? Happ, Contreras, Heyward, Bote and Hoerner?
When they were doing the coaching search and it boiled down Girardi or Ross, I said if they take Girardi it means they still want to compete. If they hire Ross, they are going into a rebuild. The inevitable happened.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Wrong, no criticism but reality. Cubs fans have always gone to Wrigley, no matter how the team played. That is the way it is and nothing wrong with that, just saying, no matter what re-tool, rebuild or championship team fans will flock to Wrigley regardless. That was the point! Never criticize a Cubs fan they are baseball fans
There are lots of Wrigley Field fans. That’s a big part of the problem for Cubs fans…real Cubs fans. Anyone who has been to Miller Park or the new Busch Stadium for a ball game will understand my comment. You can dress it up, but it’s still a dump.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I’d rather watch a bad team full of young unproven players than what the Cubs presently were. A bad team full of overpaid and declining veteran players. To me it seemed the core quit on the season once the trade rumors started to fly.
Not that anyone gives a shit but I was at Kenny Holtzman's No-No in '69' and the 23-22 game in '79' (they had to pour me onto the 'L' train after that one) and just about every opener in between(I'd forsake my teachers to sit in the bleachers too, just like Steve Goodman) and I witnessed ONE postseason series victory '03' before this edition of WINNERS did the impossible breaking the 108 year curse along with the genius otherwise known as 'Theo'.

This edition has missed the postseason ONCE since playing in the LCS in '15' and won their division by four games last year before their ace was traded away in the offseason.........an UNTHINKABLE WS win and two appearances in the NLCS for these overpaid quitters my friend. For a team with ONE prior postseason series win in the history of modern day baseball.
This was a 100 loss team before these great WS winning players arrived and could easily be again....for a long time......108 years?

Last edited:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I doubt it will be a rebuild.

I see it as freed up resources. I expect the team to be at 180M next season.

Castellanos will most likely opt out from his deal and he would be my #1 target. It is a strong move for Jed and the fan base. Nick loved his time here and it makes sense to build around a hitter like that.

After they need a left handed bat to balance Nick and Wilson. I would target Confronto. Anthony is a few years older and a fan friendly move but it would be smarter to target a younger hitter.

After that they have a 3B/1B decision to make. Wisdom and Bote. They should also have Deichmann up. With these guys David can mix and match to push out a everyday line up.

Heyward Jed needs to get balls and eat that deal.

Happ trade while he has any return value left.

So right now the team is gutted but that opens up payroll. Steel and Thompson should end up taking the 4 and 5. Sign a TOR amd let the farm deal with the rest. Move Adbert to set up. Lefties are killing him and he can not adjust. That is not what you hang on your hook on for 6 innings. For a high leverage inning sure.

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There are lots of Wrigley Field fans. That’s a big part of the problem for Cubs fans…real Cubs fans. Anyone who has been to Miller Park or the new Busch Stadium for a ball game will understand my comment. You can dress it up, but it’s still a dump.
What people don't realize is drawing 3M per is a fairly recent development happening the first time in '04' following their first EVER PO series win the year before,forgiving the devastating choke job against the Marlins. The team drew 560K fans for the year as recently as '81'.....

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just heard Jed Clampett or whatever the fuck his name is say "these are superstar players and they have the right to play in October" NO SHIT! They DID play in October EVERY year except one since '15'might have this year too if they didn't trade their ace in the offseason.
The success that Theo and these GREAT,CHAMPION players brought to Chicago was UNTHINKABLE before their arrival.
JED AIN'T THEO!!!!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's been quite a few years since I've had the free reign to walk around the park without any fans there...but you are certainly correct, it is a dump. They used to hide a lot of it. The bowels of the park were almost scary.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ya the Yanks would be smart to lock him up. He really balances that line up. Yanks are not afraid of players reaching 40 in stripes.