2023 Bears Draft Pff Scores aka another vortex thread

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's coming....I said long before the season started that no matter what the LOLions did they would fuck it up somehow. And.....they will. But hey, it's what they're best at. Been doing it for many, many years. Let him post...he'll disappear shortly after the Lions exit anyway.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dont know as too early to judge which is the same thing you have said in the past so no idea why you changing your tune now.

Further it is a dumb comparison because Lions had more draft picks earlier including 2 firsts.

I will say that in 5-10 years I suspect people will look back at this draft and the Jameson Williams debacle as the reasons the Lions ultimately didnt build a great team as blowing 3 firsts on Williams, Gibbs and Campbell is a huge wasted opportunity. The rest of the NFC North thanks the Lions for that.
Who was the better rookie, Peneii Sewell or that turnstile you drafted?
years from now the NFC north will thank the Bears for once again whiffing in the draft and sticking with their bust QB.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Terrell smith has half the tackles, and 0 INT
comparing the two is laughable.
I honestly didn't think you were stupid enough to make that comparison.
My bad.

Branch's grade is 75.6. Smith's is 73.6. You started this by comparing PFF scores so dont try and change it now.

Also Smith has half the tackles because he has played less than half the snaps jackass. Branch has played 659 snaps compared to 298 for Smith.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Branch's grade is 75.6. Smith's is 73.6. You started this by comparing PFF scores so dont try and change it now.

Also Smith has half the tackles because he has played less than half the snaps jackass. Branch has played 659 snaps compared to 298 for Smith.
Kinda my point, your guy is a part timer. And thanks for pointing out Branch is better.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Who was the better rookie, Peneii Sewell or that turnstile you drafted?
years from now the NFC north will thank the Bears for once again whiffing in the draft and sticking with their bust QB.

Nice cherry pick. Sewell had the better rookie year. Just like undrafted Sanborn had a better rookie year than 1st round pick Campbell. Your first rounder being outplayed by an undrafted rookie is more embarrassing which is probably why you cherry picked Sewell.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Kinda my point, your guy is a part timer. And thanks for pointing out Branch is better.

That is still enough snaps to make his grade relevant. And no those grades are close enough to make the difference between the two negligible.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
No, it does not.
Does it count in respect to the overall offseason? Yes, of course.
It does not count towards evaluating and selecting players in the draft
It's not that hard
It changed where and who we picked. It was part of the value we got with our first pick. it counts towards how good we did with our first. yep

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
LMAO, I was told to start a thread.

Now lets add the PFF scores of the top 4 picks of the 2023 Bears and compare them to the PFF scores of the Lions top four picks.

Bears 227.5
Lions 283.8

Now lets discuss wasted draft capitial

To be fair, the Bears only selected one player by the time the Lions had selected their 4th.

And while I admit there were some nice selections made by Detroit, most noticeable to me Brian Branch and Laporta, it doesn't mean the Lions utilized their draft picks as best as they could. They overdrafted both Gibbs and Campbell. Gibbs is turning out decent, but could have been had later. More valuable players such as Christian Gonzales, Smith-Njigba, Jordan Addison, etc could have been selected instead and Gibbs could have been had at the Campbell pick. Either way seems like Lions could have either squeezed an extra draft pick or better player out of the two first round picks they had.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Bears left the 2023 draft with 0 blue chip talent.

We dont know that yet. What we do know is Gibbs is currently no better in YPC running the ball than Herbert in a similar role ladt year. Branch is comparable to Smith who was drafted much later. Sanborn outperformed Campbell as a rookie and Jameson Williams is a 1st round VJJ.

As to their long term futures, that will be decided in future years.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To be fair, the Bears only selected one player by the time the Lions had selected their 4th.

And while I admit there were some nice selections made by Detroit, most noticeable to me Brian Branch and Laporta, it doesn't mean the Lions utilized their draft picks as best as they could. They overdrafted both Gibbs and Campbell. Gibbs is turning out decent, but could have been had later. More valuable players such as Christian Gonzales, Smith-Njigba, Jordan Addison, etc could have been selected instead and Gibbs could have been had at the Campbell pick. Either way seems like Lions could have either squeezed an extra draft pick or better player out of the two first round picks they had.
revisionist history.

The Lions had more picks because they traded down in the first and gained draft capital. The bears could have done the same.
Not to mention, the Bears had squandered there 33rd overall pick on Claypoop, least you forget.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We dont know that yet. What we do know is Gibbs is currently no better in YPC running the ball than Herbert in a similar role ladt year. Branch is comparable to Smith who was drafted much later. Sanborn outperformed Campbell as a rookie and Jameson Williams is a 1st round VJJ.

As to their long term futures, that will be decided in future years.
What we know is Herbert is a sissyboy that can't stay on the Field, is already regressing, and can't match the total production (and never has) the Lions have with Gibbs.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It changed where and who we picked. It was part of the value we got with our first pick. it counts towards how good we did with our first. yep
And has nothing to do with how well Poles DRAFTED!!!!!
If you want to include it, then you also have to include the wasted 33rd overall pick the Bears used on Claypoop.
Ouch!!

Nelly

Liked Posts:
The poor kilobytes being wasted on this thread. I acknowledge you.

Last edited: