Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wizards should have done this several seasons ago.

Yup. And the dude is probably one of the most overpaid players in NBA history.

Right now, it seems like Miami would be the frontrunners to land Beal. They'd likely have to trade Herro, multiple firsts, and a Duncan Robinson to make salaries match.

Beal alone isn't scary.... But in a system like Miami's and playing alongside Jimmy and Bam? I think that puts them in good position to make another Finals.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

Right now, it seems like Miami would be the frontrunners to land Beal. They'd likely have to trade Herro, multiple firsts, and a Duncan Robinson to make salaries match.

Beal alone isn't scary.... But in a system like Miami's and playing alongside Jimmy and Bam? I think that puts them in good position to make another Finals.
Assuming they can account for his defensive deficiencies, it should give Miami a much needed boost on offense (team ranked 25th in that last season).

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:

Not too scary if he’s only playing between 40-60 games like he’s has the past handful of seasons. If I’m Miami, I do not pull the trigger on that proposed deal.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Assuming they can account for his defensive deficiencies, it should give Miami a much needed boost on offense (team ranked 25th in that last season).

I think if there's any team that can get him to play D, it's Miami. As most of us know, unless a player is limited athletically (which Beal isn't), defense in large part is about effort and communication. Beal doesn't really put in much of it. But, I think in the right setting, he could be a very willing defender.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not too scary if he’s only playing between 40-60 games like he’s has the past handful of seasons. If I’m Miami, I do not pull the trigger on that proposed deal.

I feel like that's most players nowadays haha

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Beal to Miami would be good if they can him without mortgaging allot of future picks. Lowry is cooked and Jimmy needs someone who can take some pressure off offensively. Beal is the perfect fit as someone who can create and play offball.

Last edited:

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I feel like that's most players nowadays haha
Kinda yeah…but at 46, 50, 53, and player option for 57 mil over the next four years that’s pretty gross. Even if healthy, not sure if he improves Miami that much with that proposed deal. But no way he stays healthy over that time

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Beal to the Suns for nothing. I liked him in Miami allot better but apparently he wanted the Suns. Beal/Booker seems redundant.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Suns payroll is hilarious, luxury tax for 4 players. KD and Beal aren't exactly models of health so they're going to need some form of depth at some point...they better make some really valuable vet min signings.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Beal to the Suns for nothing. I liked him in Miami allot better but apparently he wanted the Suns. Beal/Booker seems redundant.
Doesn’t bode well for what Lavine could get in a trade. He’s staying in Chicago

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doesn’t bode well for what Lavine could get in a trade. He’s staying in Chicago
Definitely sets the market low. I suppose a bit of overcompensation after last summer's absurd Gobert trade, and a bit of incompetence on the part of the Wizards.

But maybe with this low value market, Bulls could pick up a player somehow that they would have not been able to get otherwise. I doubt this

Axl Rose

Liked Posts:
Beal is older, cost more, and had a no trade clause. This shouldn't set the market and even if it did the rest of the league can eat it. We shouldn't see having an elite scorer in the prime of his career as such a drag.

I think Zach is back next year though no doubt.