Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He commanded 2 of them (One in 2029 that is unprotected). I knew his price would be insane when i seen how much interest there was. They nearly got as much for Jrue as they got for Dame. Masterful moves by Portland.

This is brutal for the Bucks to have Jrue flipped to Boston. Miami gets double screwed as Milwaukee swoops in and snatches Lillard and now that trade turned into Boston getting stronger too. It feels better not to be the only team that gets screwed like this.
Yeah really just have to give props to Portland for getting that kind of return for him. I thought his high salary would hinder the return slightly, but they got a very solid return. Who knows what sort of value the 2029 pick will have when that becomes relevant, but a 1st is a 1st. Same with this Warriors pick which is probably a late 1st.

I'm not surprised Holiday was popular though, he's got a good reputation around the league and is consistently considered the best perimeter defender in the league.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Yeah really just have to give props to Portland for getting that kind of return for him. I thought his high salary would hinder the return slightly, but they got a very solid return. Who knows what sort of value the 2029 pick will have when that becomes relevant, but a 1st is a 1st. Same with this Warriors pick which is probably a late 1st.

I'm not surprised Holiday was popular though, he's got a good reputation around the league and is consistently considered the best perimeter defender in the league.
I fail to see how this trade moves the needle much for Boston though. And if anything it hurts their interior defense even more.

They still lack the true superstar to truly win something in this league, short of getting some really good luck.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
He commanded 2 of them (One in 2029 that is unprotected). I knew his price would be insane when i seen how much interest there was. They nearly got as much for Jrue as they got for Dame. Masterful moves by Portland.

This is brutal for the Bucks to have Jrue flipped to Boston. Miami gets double screwed as Milwaukee swoops in and snatches Lillard and now that trade turned into Boston getting stronger too. It feels better not to be the only team that gets screwed like this.
Yet, people here doubt what the bulls could get for some of their players

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I fail to see how this trade moves the needle much for Boston though. And if anything it hurts their interior defense even more.

They still lack the true superstar to truly win something in this league, short of getting some really good luck.
Well Boston was going to have to climb the no superstar hill regardless. From that perspective any move they made was irrelevant.

The literal interior defense I think will still be fine as Horford and Porzingis are still solid around the basket, but losing Williams' mobility on the perimeter will be noticeable. I think they'll also feel that loss without Grant Williams. Horford and Porzingis will struggle against 4s if run at the same time, unless they're playing the Nuggets.

That said they have options to run a smaller lineup, and naturally the team is going to go as Tatum/Brown go. They are not supers so it's already a massive uphill battle.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
If Bucks said Jrue was available they wouldn't have come close to getting a package like that. It was a market created by Portland trading Lillard to Milwaukee that sent other contending east teams scrambling to improve.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
I would still remain quite shocked if Bulls traded Demar for 2 1sts of any sort.
I’d be shocked if the bulls traded him, so yeah.

But if they were to decide to trade him and actually do it, then it wouldn’t surprise me to get two firsts