2024 NFL Draft discussion

DefNextYear

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Not for free lol. But there is IPTVs you can pay for a days access for like 5 bucks. But you can get an entire month for 10. If you'd like the site, I'll send you it through DM. Been using it for over a year now and its better than looking for internet streams to all sporting events
I'm interested too if you could send it.

maxhatter

Liked Posts:
And we improved the WR position with Keenan Allen, made improvements at the Center position, and improved the offense with Caleb Williams. Who is our second DE?
DeMarcus Walker

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

cwcwcwcw1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
What is the worst case scenario for how the draft plays out for the Bears at 9?

Not saying this realistic but it's the most nightmarish scenario i can think off right now.

1. CHI - Williams QB1
2. WAS - Mays QB2
3. NE - Nabers WR1 ( NE is not impressed with QB's 3-6 and see Nabers as the real generational talent )
4. ARI - Turner EDGE1 ( ARI is in love with Turner's ceiling and think they can get a very good WR at #27 )
5. LAC - MHJ WR2 ( LAC scraps their plan of trading down with MIN when they see MHJ on the board )
6. NYG - Odunze WR3 ( NYG same as NE's thinking about QB's 3-6 )
7. TEN - Alt LT1 ( TEN had ticket printed before the draft and was just hoping. )
8. ATL - Verse EDGE 2 ( ATL Pace has infected the building and everyone has conviction )

MIN was unable to trade up with NE without giving more than they wanted since NE fell in love with Nabers.
After seeing NE draft a WR, instead of a QB, MIN decided to focus on LAC.
However once they saw ARI go EDGE1, instead of WR2 at #4, MIN started thinking the draft might just fall to them.

The NYJ aren't willing to pick swap with the Bears because they are happy with TE1 or WR4.

MIN, DEN and LV don't want to trade up because they see the draft falling to them.

NO decides not to trade up because they think 3 QB are about to go and like what is left and feel that a second round pick is to much to give up.

The Bears don't feel comfortable going past NO because the think they might fall out range of the players they like.

This leaves the Bears with the choice of ...

TE1 Bowers a luxury
LT2 or RT1 Both are luxuries and maybe overdrafts.
WR4 Thomas maybe an overdraft.
EDGE3 Latu maybe an overdraft.
DL1 probably an overdraft.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good question. I don’t know if there’s a way it could shake out that they wouldn’t get one of the top 3 WR or top 2 DE. That’s without JJ going in the top 8 (which seems like a done deal).
good chance Verse will be there at 9

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Not saying this realistic but it's the most nightmarish scenario i can think off right now.

1. CHI - Williams QB1
2. WAS - Mays QB2
3. NE - Nabers WR1 ( NE is not impressed with QB's 3-6 and see Nabers as the real generational talent )
4. ARI - Turner EDGE1 ( ARI is in love with Turner's ceiling and think they can get a very good WR at #27 )
5. LAC - MHJ WR2 ( LAC scraps their plan of trading down with MIN when they see MHJ on the board )
7. TEN - Alt LT1 ( TEN had ticket printed before the draft and was just hoping. )
8. ATL - Verse EDGE 2 ( ATL Pace has infected the building and everyone has conviction )

MIN was unable to trade up with NE without giving more than they wanted since NE fell in love with Nabers.
However once they saw ARI go EDGE1, instead of WR2 at #4, MIN started thinking the draft might just fall to them.

The NYJ aren't willing to pick swap with the Bears because they are happy with TE1 or WR4.

MIN, DEN and LV don't want to trade up because they see the draft falling to them.

NO decides not to trade up because they think 3 QB are about to go and like what is left and feel the Second round pick is to much to give up.

The Bears don't feel comfortable going past NO because the think they might fall out range of the players they like.

TE1 Bowers a luxury
Probably a good chance you can trade down a few spots in that scenario with the QBs still on the board, MIN, DEN, and LV are still competing with one another for their preferred QB and giving up a third or whatever isn't a huge price to pay to ensure they get their guy.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If your scouts are telling you Bowers is a Kelce type talent then he is not a luxury.

Imagine a scenario years from now where people say we passed on the next Kelce because we signed Gerald Everett to a 2 year deal.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
What is the worst case scenario for how the draft plays out for the Bears at 9?
Someone bombs the place and our #9 pick and our first pick Caleb Williams will not playing for the Bears or any team at that, anymore. Worst case scenario speaking, of course.

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Bears need pass rushers more than WRs or TEs. Turner, Verse, Latu, Robinson, and Newton in that order.

cwcwcwcw1

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Probably a good chance you can trade down a few spots in that scenario with the QBs still on the board, MIN, DEN, and LV are still competing with one another for their preferred QB and giving up a third or whatever isn't a huge price to pay to ensure they get their guy.
Oh, absolutely, I'm sure you are correct ... but this is the nightmare ( and most probably unrealistic ) scenario and in that alternate universe the three teams each have a perfectly different option of the three QB's and a good idea of the other two teams preference. This all works perfectly against the Bears interest as those teams don't feel the need to trade up since their guy is going to fall to them.

LIBlue

Liked Posts:
If your scouts are telling you Bowers is a Kelce type talent then he is not a luxury.

Imagine a scenario years from now where people say we passed on the next Kelce because we signed Gerald Everett to a 2 year deal.
I am an outlier on this board, but Bowers is a game changing offensive weapon. He is not a TE, he is a pass-catching threat. Unfortunately, due to a hamstring injury, Bowers was not able to participate in the Georgia pro day in March and is looking to do the drills on April 10th. If he runs under a 4.5 forty yard dash at 243 pounds and allegedly has a 40 inch vertical along with great hands and YAC skills, he intrigues me.

Last edited:

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

Now imagine a scenario where you drafted Bowers and he's not Kelce and Bears passed on the next Justin Jefferson... or (insert HOFer here)

Fantasy land is great!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

1. CHI - Williams QB1
2. WAS - Mays QB2

NO decides not to trade up because they think 3 QB are about to go and like what is left and feel that a second round pick is to much to give up.

TE1 Bowers a luxury
Bears take a trade for QB, move down with added picks and fuck the Vikes. It gets everyone in need of a QB trying to trade with NYJ for the last of the top 4. Vikings take Penix or Nix at 23.