2024 NFL Draft discussion

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Exactly. Grab a quality player in the 3rd and you're good. Even if Moore or Allen go down, you have the other to gobble targets and make life easier on your other receivers while Waldron is still playing lots of 2 TE sets. Needing another 10 top WR at this point is way overkill.
Exactly. Bears did say they wants an OC who can adjust and also adjust within a game. If a player does down, you have to adjust.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No need to be a jackass. He definitely held onto the ball a lot longer than I would call quick. But I forget you guys don't have decent dialogue on this site. Forget I asked.

i mean that entire clip showed quick throws and even showed him getting to his 3rd read sometimes. I don't know what else you're looking for?

Bears_Almighty

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  2. North Carolina Tar Heels
i mean that entire clip showed quick throws and even showed him getting to his 3rd read sometimes. I don't know what else you're looking for?
Maybe getting it out in 2 seconds or less. Maybe that is what I'm looking for and maybe that is what I am not seeing in that clip.

HearshotKDS

Liked Posts:
Depends on who is there but i think that’s too high for rice . At 75 i could see tez walker there and take him over rice. Rice is someone in the fourth or later for me
I think they could probably trade back later into the 3rd and pick up an extra 5th and 6th and pick up rice, but heres how a collection of scouting sites view him:

1710888746129.png

If youre using PFNs mock tool as your main basis for draft value its probably not accurate but who knows, the actual NFL scouts will tell us with their feet what they think.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You could also pay attention to actual trades.

The chart is pretty accurate outside the top 10.
I probably won't do either since it really doesn't matter that much to me. It was really just a thought.

Thanks tho

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I think they could probably trade back later into the 3rd and pick up an extra 5th and 6th and pick up rice, but heres how a collection of scouting sites view him:

View attachment 36083

If youre using PFNs mock tool as your main basis for draft value its probably not accurate but who knows, the actual NFL scouts will tell us with their feet what they think.
@dennehy can help??

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
In case anyone wanted to hear him in this interview. There is some Caleb talk in there.

Last edited:

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I’f there is a person I trust with his word (which doesn’t mean it will translate as he says 100%), it’s Kurt Warner. I trust his judgement and his film study on QBs and their skill, talent, and fundamentals.

Spitta Andretti

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Do you or anyone know where I can stream the NFL network online (cough cough)?

Not for free lol. But there is IPTVs you can pay for a days access for like 5 bucks. But you can get an entire month for 10. If you'd like the site, I'll send you it through DM. Been using it for over a year now and its better than looking for internet streams to all sporting events

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
Not for free lol. But there is IPTVs you can pay for a days access for like 5 bucks. But you can get an entire month for 10. If you'd like the site, I'll send you it through DM. Been using it for over a year now and its better than looking for internet streams to all sporting events
Please do send it to me. That’ll be great. Thanks man.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
My pick would be Verse, but I can see where you are coming from. I think taking Verse at 9 would have the Bears getting a step closer to the defense becoming elite.

Using the Packers as an example really is proof that you don't have to use 1st round picks on WR's. Reed, Watson, Musgrave all 2nd round picks. Doubs 4th round, Wicks 5th round. Most of their first round picks have been on defense the past few years.

Bears have Moore, Allen, Kmet, Everett. Then there is Scott who I am not giving up on with a more accurate QB in Williams throwing him the ball. Also, there is still talent in the 3rd round at WR to choose from. Swift will also be a major option in the passing game that some here are overlooking.

These moves will still give Williams the kind of riches you are looking for, while making the defense that much stronger.

DE or WR at #9 Poles is still getting that blue-chip prospect he is looking for.
I really think the pick will be Verse. Javon Baker or Johnny Wilson at 75 could be nice complimentary WRs. I know, Wilson’s hands need a lot of work; it’s why he’ll be going in the third.

Anyway, grabbing Verse in the first and coming back to Alvin Kamara in the 4th would be sweet.
Not sure what is worse, the money to Jeudy, or the Young and Williams signings.
The Jeudy signing is so bad. I don’t get it.

Kurtosis

Liked Posts:
What is the worst case scenario for how the draft plays out for the Bears at 9?
Good question. I don’t know if there’s a way it could shake out that they wouldn’t get one of the top 3 WR or top 2 DE. That’s without JJ going in the top 8 (which seems like a done deal).