2024 NFL Draft discussion

Canth

Liked Posts:

That seems insane to me that any team would give up 3 1sts and more for McCarthy. I get that he seemingly has all the tools, but the lack of reps to really prove he can consistently play at a high level would scare the hell out of me to make that much of an overpay to get him.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:

That seems insane to me that any team would give up 3 1sts and more for McCarthy. I get that he seemingly has all the tools, but the lack of reps to really prove he can consistently play at a high level would scare the hell out of me to make that much of an overpay to get him.
I mean SF did it very recently with Trey Lance…

Canth

Liked Posts:
I mean SF did it very recently with Trey Lance…

Yeah, and they are kinda lucky it didn't set them back because they hit on so many other moves.

But, what I wonder now is...if MN is willing to give that much up, does a team like New England come into play? They also seem very void of top talent right now and not a great place to develop a QB for the moment. That could be a pretty big jump start if they are not completely sold on Daniels or Maye, whichever one drops to them.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Poles is to blame for the list and for allowing Fields to make the pick.

Fields is to blame for the pick.

My opinion and you are NEVER going to change it.
This is the absolute dumbest thing posted on this board since @Xplosive refused to believe Justin fields wasn’t going to get traded.

If you believe fields truly made the selection or is to blame for the pick then you are a r3tard of the highest degree.

Toast88

Liked Posts:

We’re into incredibly silly season now. Nate Tice on Hoge & Jahns said McCarthy’s comp is Scott Tolzien, and that Maye is clearly the #1 QB. People are going stir crazy with Draft cabin fever.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
This is the absolute dumbest thing posted on this board since @Xplosive refused to believe Justin fields wasn’t going to get traded.

If you believe fields truly made the selection or is to blame for the pick then you are a r3tard of the highest degree.
It was common knowledge that he got to choose that pick.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
We’re into incredibly silly season now. Robert Mayes on Hoge & Jahns said Jayden Daniels’ comp is Scott Tolzien, and that Maye is clearly the #1 QB. People are going stir crazy with Draft cabin fever.
I think Jaden Daniels is going to be overdrafted, but I couldn’t have come up with Scott Tolzien in 100 years.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
It was common knowledge that he got to choose that pick.
Can you even fathom how completely insane it is for a GM to allow an underperforming qb going into his 2nd season I think to make the selection of the bears 3rd round pick? Or any pick for that matter.

I’ve heard the stories of poles asking fields for input but the idea that the decision came down to fields is historically idiotic.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Can you even fathom how completely insane it is for a GM to allow an underperforming qb going into his 2nd season I think to make the selection of the bears 3rd round pick? Or any pick for that matter.

I’ve heard the stories of poles asking fields for input but the idea that the decision came down to fields is historically idiotic.
I was very specific in passing the blame.

I said that Poles made the list, meaning the list of potential 2nd and 3rd round receivers that might be available to draft. Since Poles chose 2 DBs in the 2nd round, it fell to the 3rd round list.

Fields, having watched film together with Poles, gave his preference of who off that list he would prefer and that player was chosen.

Do you honestly think that, after Poles had provided Fields a list of 3 to 5 WRs who might be available in the 3rd round and after having watched film of these receivers together with Fields to which Fields gave his preference, Poles would choose to pass on Fields' choice and draft another WR on that list?

Now THAT would be Special person.

Note that I did not say that Poles gave Fields a green post-in note and had Fields fill out the post-it note by himself out of any WR who was eligible of being drafted that draft and Fields wrote, 'Velus all day long' or something similar.

If you want to include someone in the decision making, you provide them a list of what you feel are acceptable choices and then have them choose among them. That way, the person feels part of the decision making and is willing to go the extra mile to make that decision a success.

This works for NFL QBs working with their GM, a child's birthday party location, a 100 million dollar contract among many others.

It is not Special person, it is intelligent.

Now, in all of the examples above, if the person who made the list did a bad job in making the list, he gets the blame for making the list but the person who made the choice still is to blame, be it choosing Velus to be on the list, Hooters to be on the child's birthday party location list or adding an impossible solution which a fool chose.