Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
What would it take to move from #9 to #4? Just curious. Reading articles about MHJ making his way to Chicago for a team visit.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
It ain’t to trade up bro. It’s just precautionary in case he was to slip.
I wouldn't be surprised at it Poles went all in this draft and moved up for his top WR to pair wilh Williams. Allen is a very nice and very expensive bandaid that's still a one year rental as of now.

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised at it Poles went all in this draft and moved up for his top WR to pair wilh Williams. Allen is a very nice and very expensive bandaid that's still a one year rental as of now.
There’s also plenty of WRs next year in the draft and we got enough picks, 3 picks in the first two rounds, plus FA. I would be surprise if Pose went all in this draft.

Let’s be real, we ain’t going or winning the superbowl this year. Not with a rookie QB and doesn’t matter who we have on the roster. We will strive to win it but 99.9%, it aint going to happen. I can see us making the playoffs if everything pans out. But we ain’t winning it this year. So no need to sacrifice future picks or picks in this years later rounds.

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
It ain’t to trade up bro. It’s just precautionary in case he was to slip.
Never said the visit was to “trade up”. The Bears are doing their due diligence, I am of understanding on that. My question clearly was, what would it take to move from #9 to #4? Just looking for the values.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
There’s also plenty of WRs next year in the draft and we got enough picks, 3 picks in the first two rounds, plus FA. I would be surprise if Pose went all in this draft.

Let’s be real, we ain’t going or winning the superbowl this year. Not with a rookie QB and doesn’t matter who we have on the roster. We will strive to win it but 99.9%, it aint going to happen. I can see us making the playoffs if everything pans out. But we ain’t winning it this year. So no need to sacrifice future picks or picks in this years later rounds.
Cool bro. You just keep making your trade down clown mocks every day until the draft only to have that not be the way it shakes out on draft day. Your not trading up for one season. Your trading up to set the offense up for the next 4-5 with top shelf premium talent that teams struggle with on a weekly basis.

But regardless, the team needs real difference makers starting now. You can't squander your opportunities while drafting in the top 10 because it's not guaranteed you'll be back there picking anytime soon. And if they are, then your probably looking at a different regime incoming.

The ship has sailed on hitting singles and doubles to fill out the roster. They need Dogs now.

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
What would it take to move from #9 to #4? Just curious. Reading articles about MHJ making his way to Chicago for a team visit.
King’s ransom with so many QB needy teams out there.

In a draft with several terrific wide receivers and wide receiver depth, why do bears fans want to mortgage the future to get one specific body

Canth

Liked Posts:
King’s ransom with so many QB needy teams out there.

In a draft with several terrific wide receivers and wide receiver depth, why do bears fans want to mortgage the future to get one specific body

Yeah, I'm fully onboard with taking a WR at #9. But no way would I want to see a trade up to get a WR. Either one of the top 3 gets to #9 or imo, you look to trade back if they are all off the board.

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
Yeah, I'm fully onboard with taking a WR at #9. But no way would I want to see a trade up to get a WR. Either one of the top 3 gets to #9 or imo, you look to trade back if they are all off the board.
Trade back with who?

Canth

Liked Posts:
Trade back with who?

Well, that's certainly one of the questions, right? Obviously, it will depend on who is on the board at the time. Did a QB fall? Does someone just really love one of the OT available? etc...

And how far would Poles be willing to drop where he thinks he can add a pick but still land an impact player? I won't pretend to know the answer to that.

InsideTheLines

Opinionated
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Miami Marlins
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Northwestern Wildcats
Well, that's certainly one of the questions, right? Obviously, it will depend on who is on the board at the time. Did a QB fall? Does someone just really love one of the OT available? etc...

And how far would Poles be willing to drop where he thinks he can add a pick but still land an impact player? I won't pretend to know the answer to that.
Whatcha think the top 8 picks will be?

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would definitely trade up to get Harrison. Look at his pedigree. There could not be a safer pick in this draft, aside from maybe Caleb, and his upside is high, with a very high floor. Those two picks, I think most of the fans, media, and NFL would understand taking them, and doing whatever you needed to do to support Caleb. If you can't make Harrison happen, Nabers is right there as well. Odunze COULD fall to us.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Cool bro. You just keep making your trade down clown mocks every day until the draft only to have that not be the way it shakes out on draft day. Your not trading up for one season. Your trading up to set the offense up for the next 4-5 with top shelf premium talent that teams struggle with on a weekly basis.

But regardless, the team needs real difference makers starting now. You can't squander your opportunities while drafting in the top 10 because it's not guaranteed you'll be back there picking anytime soon. And if they are, then your probably looking at a different regime incoming.

The ship has sailed on hitting singles and doubles to fill out the roster. They need Dogs now.
I definitely want two studs. My hope is they get Odunze without having to burn any additional draft picks.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Never said the visit was to “trade up”. The Bears are doing their due diligence, I am of understanding on that. My question clearly was, what would it take to move from #9 to #4? Just looking for the values.

This could happen, and I’d be fine with dropping our second for next year.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It won’t be if a QB is available, but, if all 4 go 1-4, that may do it.
But it's have to be a 2025 2nd round pick from CHI, so that's be like a 3rd rounder.

A 3rd round pick to go from 9 to 5 sounds like a pipe dream...

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
But it's have to be a 2025 2nd round pick from CHI, so that's be like a 3rd rounder.

A 3rd round pick to go from 9 to 5 sounds like a pipe dream...
Yeah. It would basically be valued as the last pick in the third round. I think 7 or 8 may happen for Nabers or Odunze. It may take this year’s 3rd and next year’s 2nd to get to 5 — again, only if the 4 QBs go off the board first.

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:

Robert Schmitz makes a good point that Poles drafts high value positions, apart from Brisker. He Gordon further to say that WR is a top paid position. In fact, he pointed out that they make more than OL! So, I wouldn’t be surprised to see Poles jump up for a Nabers or Odunze, let alone the dream MHJ!

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I was very specific in passing the blame.

I said that Poles made the list, meaning the list of potential 2nd and 3rd round receivers that might be available to draft. Since Poles chose 2 DBs in the 2nd round, it fell to the 3rd round list.

Fields, having watched film together with Poles, gave his preference of who off that list he would prefer and that player was chosen.

Do you honestly think that, after Poles had provided Fields a list of 3 to 5 WRs who might be available in the 3rd round and after having watched film of these receivers together with Fields to which Fields gave his preference, Poles would choose to pass on Fields' choice and draft another WR on that list?

Now THAT would be Special person.

Note that I did not say that Poles gave Fields a green post-in note and had Fields fill out the post-it note by himself out of any WR who was eligible of being drafted that draft and Fields wrote, 'Velus all day long' or something similar.

If you want to include someone in the decision making, you provide them a list of what you feel are acceptable choices and then have them choose among them. That way, the person feels part of the decision making and is willing to go the extra mile to make that decision a success.

This works for NFL QBs working with their GM, a child's birthday party location, a 100 million dollar contract among many others.

It is not Special person, it is intelligent.

Now, in all of the examples above, if the person who made the list did a bad job in making the list, he gets the blame for making the list but the person who made the choice still is to blame, be it choosing Velus to be on the list, Hooters to be on the child's birthday party location list or adding an impossible solution which a fool chose.

I think the point is no one gives a shit. Poles is the GM not Fields. The failure is Poles. The end.