[A] Blackhawks Acquire Michal Handzus for a Draft Pick

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The guy can't even scratch San Jose's lineup. How the fuck does he help the Hawks?

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guy can't even scratch San Jose's lineup. How the fuck does he help the Hawks?

You shut up making fun of Handzus' 2 WHOLE pts on the season you bully!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
Why would management think this is bad when all they see is fans clamoring for every goddamn 35+ player that comes up because of name recognition like last week. Sighs. Nevertheless if it's for 4C then I guess I can cope and while FOs will be greatly improved there won't he hurt the hustle mojo of Kruger + Morin or Kruger + whoever? I'd rather it have been like a 6th Rd. pick as I understand you can't get someone for absolutely nil but damn I hate to see that 4th go (but if Stan doesn't make a move that also takes the 1st then it'll basically be more bearable in hindsight).

We have the 1st, 5th, 6th, 7th picks if nothing else is used.

he will get a few back in the offseason i am sure. carcillo will get a 4th back (i cant see him staying with the team) and who knows what else when the cap needs to be eased again.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Scary part is, I can see them trotting this fucking relic out there as the #2 center, like they tried to do with Morrison....

I hate this trade.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Could this mean Bolland is done here?

Nah. Just 4th line FO wins depth. Unless Bolland is used in a trade he'll otherwise be done here when Danault is ready to stick a fork in him and eat his position alive, LOL.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I would rather Perrault's used stinky jock on the ice and 4 other players the Handzus.

Fuck it, If Crow is in goal, make Emery take the fuckin faceoff. Fuck fuckin Handfuckinzus.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Also, I don't think I've ever seen a fan base happier to get rid of a guy that hasn't played in weeks than San Jose fans are...

Irish Hawk

Liked Posts:
Naw, I dont see this as a replacement move, just one to add some depth where the Hawks have so little.

Don't mean as a direct replacement for Holland but maybe shuffling things around for someone else. Least that's what I'm hoping anyway as Zeus doesn't inspire much.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he will get a few back in the offseason i am sure. carcillo will get a 4th back (i cant see him staying with the team) and who knows what else when the cap needs to be eased again.

It's why I always talk on this topic by saying "as of right now"---I know some GMs love getting back mid-picks and Stan is one of them. It's like OTB with some of them.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
The trade is 5 min old...lets see what happens when he takes the ice, how he's used, how he gells

As far as SJ - that whole team's a mess. They have zero speed and Clowe has a whopping 0g on the year...Havlat 11pts? If they were relying on him to be in the top 6-8 - they've got bigger issues. He fills a FO role they need...especially on the PK

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The trade is 5 min old...lets see what happens when he takes the ice, how he's used, how he gells

As far as SJ - that whole team's a mess. They have zero speed and Clowe has a whopping 0g on the year...Havlat 11pts? If they were relying on him to be in the top 6-8 - they've got bigger issues. He fills a FO role they need...especially on the PK

They have zero speed, which is what Handzus contributes. To make matters worse, the Hawks didn't trade San Jose their 4th rounder, they traded San Jose's back to them. The better of the fourth rounders the had.

This guy is fucking done. I don't need to see what happens on the ice, how he's used, how he doesn't fit, to know he's worthless. He's a Brunette that can win faceoffs. That's it. The only way this works is if you dress him as a winger on the fourth line, and have him do NOTHING but take faceoffs, with Kruger staying at center. Even then, is he a better option than Bollig or Mayers? Or Hayes when everyone is healthy?

The guy's career is over.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Handzus was their top PK guy....and their team is 3rd in the league

Gaustad cost a 1st rnd pick and a contract extension (3,25mil) for his 4th line production/face off wins

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I do not see him being a 2nd line center here, but a 3rd\4th line and situational center. Could be interesting, and could push Kruger up to 2LC, Bolland back to 3LC, and Handzus to 4LC.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I hope Handzus on the way to the airport plays basketball and does his best Kevin Ware impression.

R K

well apparently he fucked Jako's dog on the way out of town. LOL!