[A] Blackhawks Acquire Michal Handzus for a Draft Pick

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
He's been healthy and scratched since March 18th. This is not 7 years ago.

I'm aware, but we gave up next to nothing. Maybe he will be a Yanic Perrault, win a face off and get the fuck out of there.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
I'm aware, but we gave up next to nothing. Maybe he will be a Yanic Perrault, win a face off and get the fuck out of there.

Giving up nothing would have been an overpayment for this fucking guy.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hammer and Daze are two 4th round picks that have panned out since 1993 for the Blackhawks.

You can throw Ellison in there just because he helped nab Sharp from the Flyers.

[edit]

I am well aware that the draft picks are now thin for next entry draft (thank you RK
<
)

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
The draft is a gamble. The more you play, the better the chances of winning. In the big picture there's not much difference between a 4th rounder and a 7th rounder, but Handzus has negative value at this point. The Sharks haven't played him in almost 3 weeks. He's finished, just like Brunette was.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The draft is a gamble. The more you play, the better the chances of winning. In the big picture there's not much difference between a 4th rounder and a 7th rounder, but Handzus has negative value at this point. The Sharks haven't played him in almost 3 weeks. He's finished, just like Brunette was.

You may be correct.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Even if I'm wrong, is the slight improvement at the dot worth losing ALL toughness on the fourth line? I mean, this team is soft as baby shit again. When all are healthy:

Saad/Toews/Hossa

Sharp/Bolland/Kane

Bickell/Shaw/Stalberg

Frolik/Kruger/Handzus

You have Mayers and Carcillo sitting? Or Frolik and Kruger? I don't want any of those guys sitting for Handzus except maybe Mayers. At least Mayers will stick up for teammates and play physical.... Kruger and Frolik have been a bright spot on the PK this year. Is Handzus an improvement on the PK over them? Doubtful....

This move makes the Hawks worse if he dresses regularly, in my opinion.

P.S.

Mayers 35-28 55.6

Handzus 165-132 55.6

Where's the improvement in the circle?

TSD

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am sorry I have to agree, how does handzus solve the issue t hand, I am not seeing it.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Before anyone brings up sample size, Mayers was 56% last year in the circle. Handzus was 50%.

So the bottom line is, would you rather have Mayers dressed on the fourth line, or Handzus? Because faceoffs are a wash. If the Hawks cared about faceoffs, they would have Mayers take them instead of Kruger.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
I would rather Mayers socks on the ice instead of Handzus.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
It's just a depth move...they gave nothing up

It's the same as if they got Steckel, Hecht, or any other depth guy that can win draws. Pretty much whatever....if they had moved someone of value (any sort of A, B, or even C level prospect)...I'd wonder wtf...but this move isn't something worth getting worked up about either way, IMO

Unless he fucked your dog. Jako has a legitimate beef.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
I think he has a little more skill/better hand(zus) than Mayers...plus he's younger

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if I'm wrong, is the slight improvement at the dot worth losing ALL toughness on the fourth line? I mean, this team is soft as baby shit again. When all are healthy:

Saad/Toews/Hossa

Sharp/Bolland/Kane

Bickell/Shaw/Stalberg

Frolik/Kruger/Handzus

You have Mayers and Carcillo sitting? Or Frolik and Kruger? I don't want any of those guys sitting for Handzus except maybe Mayers. At least Mayers will stick up for teammates and play physical.... Kruger and Frolik have been a bright spot on the PK this year. Is Handzus an improvement on the PK over them? Doubtful....

This move makes the Hawks worse if he dresses regularly, in my opinion.

P.S.

Mayers 35-28 55.6

Handzus 165-132 55.6

Where's the improvement in the circle?

Before anyone brings up sample size, Mayers was 56% last year in the circle. Handzus was 50%.

So the bottom line is, would you rather have Mayers dressed on the fourth line, or Handzus? Because faceoffs are a wash. If the Hawks cared about faceoffs, they would have Mayers take them instead of Kruger.

SHIT! Honest to God, I had literally forgotten we had Mayers. He's in Q's doghouse so much it becomes outta sight, outta mind.

Ton

Liked Posts:
Quenneville had him in St. Louis when he came into the league, I assume he had some input as well.

At best, 4th line C. At worst, healthy scratch.

Shaw should be playing wing anyway, I like it if Kruger moves up to line 3 (he deserves it) and Handzus plays on the 4th.

Saad/Toews/Hossa

Sharp/Bolland/Kane

Shaw/Kruger/Stalberg

Bickell/Handzus/Frolik

I like that. Everyone is going to flip a shit if the 3rd line is messed with, but lets get real... it's not that big of a deal.

bookjones

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Klinkhammer?

Heh. Still, it's BHP so that new jersey should probably be Clitsome.

But seriously, Klinkhammer was having a really great AHL season in Portland and was called up by the Yotes a few weeks ago and has actually been pretty damn solid.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Except Steckel can still contribute to more than just faceoffs at this point in his career. Handzus is done.... He contributes nothing offensively, and is a liability in his own zone. Have you watched the fucking guy play this year? If he's dressed over any of the current fourth line options, it is a step backwards. In puck possession, speed, physicality, and defense.

Do you EVER have anything negative to say about the coaching/management of this team, or do you just suck their cock regardless?

Ton

Liked Posts:
Basically, the way this works out is that the Hawks traded their 2012 4th round pick for Handzus and Brandon Whitney... that sounds OK to me.

Pez68

Fire Quenneville
Liked Posts:
Quenneville had him in St. Louis when he came into the league, I assume he had some input as well.

At best, 4th line C. At worst, healthy scratch.

Shaw should be playing wing anyway, I like it if Kruger moves up to line 3 (he deserves it) and Handzus plays on the 4th.

Saad/Toews/Hossa

Sharp/Bolland/Kane

Shaw/Kruger/Stalberg

Bickell/Handzus/Frolik

I like that. Everyone is going to flip a shit if the 3rd line is messed with, but lets get real... it's not that big of a deal.

You like a 4th line that can't play defense, and likely won't ever get into the offensive zone and create pressure? That fourth line is a fucking abomination. Two guys that skate like shit and don't use their size, and one that has zero physicality to his game. That line is an odd man rush waiting to happen. IF they ever get out of their zone to dump the puck in to begin with. It's a downgrade in every way.