[A] Blackhawks Acquire Michal Handzus for a Draft Pick

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Except Steckel can still contribute to more than just faceoffs at this point in his career. Handzus is done.... He contributes nothing offensively, and is a liability in his own zone. Have you watched the fucking guy play this year? If he's dressed over any of the current fourth line options, it is a step backwards. In puck possession, speed, physicality, and defense.

Do you EVER have anything negative to say about the coaching/management of this team, or do you just suck their cock regardless?

Do you ever say anything good about the organization? Ever? A team that's top in the conference, good young players that the GM picked up and the coach has developed at the NHL lever (Shaw, Leddy, Kruger, Saad)....was 20-0-3 until Sharp then Hossa went down...not sure what the coach and GM are doing so bad/wrong

It's a depth move they gave nothing up for...wtf? Maybe go out and get laid once in awhile and you won't be so angry

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
just because he only comes here when there is something to complain about doesn't mean he's wrong all the time. I keep hearing it's a depth move. I didn't realize we were so weak at 4th line center. and even if we were there is anyone in Rockford that would be better at this point. he's done. just like Morrison just like Bruno... just like the next one.

PatrickSharpRules

Liked Posts:
Do you ever say anything good about the organization? Ever? A team that's top in the conference, good young players that the GM picked up and the coach has developed at the NHL lever (Shaw, Leddy, Kruger, Saad)....was 20-0-3 until Sharp then Hossa went down...not sure what the coach and GM are doing so bad/wrong

It's a depth move they gave nothing up for...wtf? Maybe go out and get laid once in awhile and you won't be so angry

Agreed, while we can sit here an question the move. We gave up nothing and if he returns to his form last year he would be valuable coming off the bench.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
since when is a 4th nothing for getting nothing? didn't we get a 5th for Scott and everyone was talking about how scooter fleeced them?

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Let's see how he performs? Hopefully, not Morrisonesque.

Can't we just all get along?

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
Nothing off their roster I should say

It's not like they moved Hjarll, Leddy, Bickell....or anything of current value for him

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
Won't know what the Hawks gave up for a few years when you see what that draft pick turns into.

The point is, giving away anything for another scrap heap, over the hill, washed up, slow as shit veteran that may do more harm than good, is a fucking overpayment. Sharks fans call it addition by subtraction. I call it subtraction by addition. It's making a move for no other reason than making a move. It's an illusion that the Hawks are actually doing something.

Why fuck with the chemistry of a team that is currently top of the conference, unless you're making a major upgrade? Is it worth blowing up the entire bottom six to acquire this useless fuck, when there was NOTHING WRONG with the bottom six? Use your heads.

P.S. I have no issues getting laid. Thank you.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
And they moved NOTHING off the roster. What the fuck got blown up?

They added center depth if needed and a guy that can win faceoffs.. Take a look at the injuries in the last 2 playoffs if you need a refresher.

I give a fuck what Shark fans think. They should mind their own team, plenty of their own issues there.

R K

Pez you are getting awfully worked up for absolutely nothing. They didn't hurt themselves, although I dont feel they improved themselves any.

it was a nothing move IMO.

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
Unless the rules changed, you only dress 20 guys. That means, someone currently on the roster is going to be sitting that wasn't before....

What do you think the lines look like with Handzus dressed? How do you insert him into the lineup without changing the bottom two lines?

I'm really not worked up. I just feel doing nothing is more helpful than making this move. I don't think Handzus deserves to play over any of the guys currently on this roster. Unless Handzus was acquired in case someone gets hurt, but I somehow doubt that.

Stan is talking about this guy having the ability to play on the PP for fuck's sake!

the canadian dream

Liked Posts:
i went out and got some awesome spring weather in and now i could give 2 fucks about this move. ahhhh spring calms me down. starting to smell like playoff weather outside. Still no one in the west than can beat a healthy hawks team with handzus or without him logging the 3 mins a night he will get when he plays. plus it makes me happy yelling at guys that cant skate. my favorite thing to do.

as for that 4th pick? they will get it back in the offseason. not as if it is going to be a high 4th rounder anyways. mine aswell have been a 5th.

Ton

Liked Posts:
You like a 4th line that can't play defense, and likely won't ever get into the offensive zone and create pressure? That fourth line is a fucking abomination. Two guys that skate like shit and don't use their size, and one that has zero physicality to his game. That line is an odd man rush waiting to happen. IF they ever get out of their zone to dump the puck in to begin with. It's a downgrade in every way.

Huh? Bickell and Frolik can't play defense but are considered checking line players? Handzus, a guy who has made a career out of the defensive end, can't play defense either? They probably won't create any offense, but that line can't be any worse than Bollig/Kruger/Mayers.

R K

Unless the rules changed, you only dress 20 guys. That means, someone currently on the roster is going to be sitting that wasn't before....

What do you think the lines look like with Handzus dressed? How do you insert him into the lineup without changing the bottom two lines?

I'm really not worked up. I just feel doing nothing is more helpful than making this move. I don't think Handzus deserves to play over any of the guys currently on this roster. Unless Handzus was acquired in case someone gets hurt, but I somehow doubt that.

Stan is talking about this guy having the ability to play on the PP for fuck's sake!

Yea Bollig they sent him down already. Big deal.

The 4th line, where I'm sure he'll be playing, will not make a difference with him, Mayers and or Bollig. You are bent out of shape for nothing.

Pez68

Fire Waldron
Liked Posts:
Yeah, my bad. I apologize for thinking the guy fucking sucks and his career is over, and for not wanting him on the Hawks regardless of what he cost them. Especially come playoff time, over guys that have earned the right to play over the last season or two. What could I be thinking?

Great pickup Stan! Handzus brings just what this team needs. A big, slow, non-physical center, with no hands, who can't possibly keep up with the Hawks' style of play, and who will only be able to contribute by winning a faceoff and getting the fuck off the ice. Oh, and he is also remembered by those that followed the Hawks as a whiny little cunt. Stanley Cup here we come!
<

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
It's not much different than ANA getting Steckel

Sure it is.... Steckel isn't a porcelain china doll and at least he plays for the Ducks. He's also become a fan favorite pretty quickly.

Handzus on the other hand... If anything, he still owes us the money he "earned" from his last contract...

Sorry, but I'm with you here, too, Pez.... A draft pick is wasted on something we could have had much better value in, even if its a 4th.... Sure Handzus "adds" depth to the roster and all that, but that draft pick could have been used in a much more important deal, especially since the Blues picked up Bouwmeester today for that and a 1st rounder.

Don't forget our last 4th rounder that worked out just fine as well. He's on our roster now as it is.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is a f/o shoring up move. Nothing stellar, but something needed. Bollig cannot win f/o's, so there is Handjobzeus.

Ton

Liked Posts:
This is a f/o shoring up move. Nothing stellar, but something needed. Bollig cannot win f/o's, so there is Handjobzeus.

Can't argue with that. Handzus is better than Bollig and probably Mayers too. Also allows the Hawks to send Hayes back to Rockford without giving up size, while actually adding size at the center position.

I'm not worried about his "lazy" play, proclaimed by Sharks fans. Change of scenery helps, plus he enters a locker room where taking shifts off will not be tolerated. If he busts his ass, we know what he can do... if he slacks, he won't be playing.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm going to hold out absolute judgement to I see his play in the playoffs--if he plays in the playoffs.

Why? Simple. Last year Morrison and Frolik were beyond useless--fake tits on a zombie useless. Come playoff time, they and Toews were the only players who weren't absofuckinglutely useless. There is a very slim chance Handzus come in here and is not useless.

As such--maybe he'll be marginally better than what we have and enough to shore up some faceoff wins, but maybe not. I'm not hoping for much if anything.

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
If thats the case, I don't expect him to play after 2 games.... and that won't be the injury kicking in.