Akiem Hicks

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
@DMooreNFL I've read nothing to indicate that Akiem Hicks met w/ #Lions. He still could, but it seems that he may still be in Chicago. #NFL #Bears

Dude, just sign the fucking contract. I wouldn't want to go to that shit hole known as Detroit either.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Like I said, it's been kind of hush, hush, and a little weird, imo.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
I

Bushrod was a solid signing. He stabilized LT and played the position pretty well. At 7 million a season he was paid to be a solid starting LT, and that was what he was when he was healthy.

He was middle tier at his best and was paid more than he was worth.

He did not stablize the position. He was better than what we had and that's about it. If he stabilized the position, he would have been at the position last year.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
He couldn't crack the starting line up because he was traded 3 weeks into the system, missed camp, and had a lot of scheme catch up to do. Also not many Patriots lineman play more than 50% of snaps.

I am excited because he is an upgrade for the Bears.

I personally believe with his physical skills that there is still some upside to him.

At a minimum he is a big strong run defender, an area where the Bears suck, with enough pass rush to not be a liability in that area.

He couldn't crack the starting lineup because he was not good enough to. Period.

Put the excuses aside. He is better than what we have. But not all that special - even at his best.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel

Been thru a number of negotiations. If another team had a better offer on the table, Hicks would be there not in Chicago. But ya never know
Maybe hammering out guaranteed money, roster bonuses, performance bonuses, signing bonus?

Unless he just really likes the city of Chicago and doesn't want to leave yet.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could see the meeting between Pace and Hicks.

Yesterday.

RP: Akiem, here is our offer

AH: Mr. Pace thanks, but if that is all you can come up with I am going to see what Detroit has to say.

RP: Sure, Akiem, I understand. Safe travels.

AH: You know, on second thought, I think I will sleep on it here in Chicago.

RP:Great, see you in the morning.

This morning.

RP: Good morning Akiem. How'd you sleep.

AH: Wonderful. Think you can come up a little on your offer Mr. Pace?

RP: Sorry Akiem, we're going to stand with the offer from yesterday.

AH: OK, I'm headed to Detroit.

RP: OK

AH: I mean it, I'm leaving... I'm walking out the door...Ryan, I'm closing the door. Ryan?

RP: Yes , Akiem.

AH: Can I stay for dinner.

RP: Sure, Akiem...but we are not changing our offer.

Was Hicks crashing on Pace's floor?

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Like I said, it's been kind of hush, hush, and a little weird, imo.
It really does remind me of Mason Foster last year. Didn't that singing take like 2 weeks to complete?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I am excited when the Bears can upgrade their team.

If JJ Watt was on the menu, I would order that.

But he is not, Hicks is the biggest upgrade available right now. Set a number and try and land him.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am excited when the Bears can upgrade their team.

If JJ Watt was on the menu, I would order that.

But he is not, Hicks is the biggest upgrade available right now. Set a number and try and land him.

I love you. But that sounded really ghey. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel

Been thru a number of negotiations. If another team had a better offer on the table, Hicks would be there not in Chicago. But ya never know

Now you know why I was wondering about the hush situation. It's kind of weird, and hopefully a good sign for the Bears as I said.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
He couldn't crack the starting lineup because he was not good enough to. Period.

Put the excuses aside. He is better than what we have. But not all that special - even at his best.
I don't think anyone here believes Hicks is any sort of 'special.'

He's a solid player with some upside and would be an upgrade to what we have because we lack talent on the line.

Which is why Pace won't break the bank or overpay to get him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He was middle tier at his best and was paid more than he was worth.

He did not stablize the position. He was better than what we had and that's about it. If he stabilized the position, he would have been at the position last year.

He was injured and lost his job, that happens to HOF players let along solid starters.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
He was injured and lost his job, that happens to HOF players let along solid starters.

When the hell in his entire career do you consider him "solid".

And he wasn't injured to my knowlegde last year. That was back in 2014 when he was "underachieving".

With the Saints, he was #2 to #3 on their depth chart and was traded to the Pats because he wasn't producing and was over-priced.

Still not understanding why people are high on him other than the fact that there is a lack of FA talent right now at his position.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's getting a little silly with the analogies, isn't it? FA'cy defines overpaying to begin with. That's why teams build through the draft. That's why Pace's approach of not going crazy is a good thing.....right? The Bears have a lot of money to spend because they have been smart, which makes all these points ridiculous.

So, at the end of free agency, what your saying is your ok With Pace still having 20 mill or so in cap space left that he did not use, all because he did not want to "overspend"?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

If R.Pace and J.Fox and the rest of their team think he needs to be a Bear then i'm good with it cause they know a hell of a lot more than any single person on this message board about what's good for the Bears. That's a fact.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
If R.Pace and J.Fox and the rest of their team think he needs to be a Bear then i'm good with it cause they know a hell of a lot more than any single person on this message board about what's good for the Bears. That's a fact.

Would you say the same about trestman/Emery?

Because the excuse youre usingnow is the same excuse everyone used when those two knuckleheads were boning the team.

It's not a valid retort. Because we all watched PAce draft a player with a broken leg. And we watched that same GM kick a 1500 yard receiver to the curb. And we watched that GM dump Forte and then try to pick up a RB for way more than what Forte would have asked. Not to mention Forte at his worst is far better than that RB.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Would you say the same about trestman/Emery?

Because the excuse youre usingnow is the same excuse everyone used when those two knuckleheads were boning the team.

It's not a valid retort. Because we all watched PAce draft a player with a broken leg. And we watched that same GM kick a 1500 yard receiver to the curb. And we watched that GM dump Forte and then try to pick up a RB for way more than what Forte would have asked. Not to mention Forte at his worst is far better than that RB.

The worst GM in the history of the NFL knows more than the smartest person here that has not worked in an NFL front office. Period.

And with that, I agree with you on Hicks... for the most part.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Would it be so bad if Pace and Hicks were watching the selection show and filling out brackets? I mean, that is what I was doing.