Akiem Hicks

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
It's getting a little silly with the analogies, isn't it? FA'cy defines overpaying to begin with. That's why teams build through the draft. That's why Pace's approach of not going crazy is a good thing.....right? The Bears have a lot of money to spend because they have been smart, which makes all these points ridiculous.

Really? So, they've been smart enough to do ________? Get spanked in their division regularly? Not make the playoffs in 5 seasons? Replace head coaches and GMs with a frequency that would only inspire the Browns? What has been done that is smart?

They have a ton of money because Ashlon is the only draftee that has been worth a huge extension in the last decade.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Greg Gabriel - No deal yet, but Hicks is still in Chicago
6:10pm - 13 Mar 16

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
@DMooreNFL I've read nothing to indicate that Akiem Hicks met w/ #Lions. He still could, but it seems that he may still be in Chicago. #NFL #Bears

Dude, just sign the fucking contract. I wouldn't want to go to that shit hole known as Detroit either.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
1. You don't have to fix it RIGHT FUCKING NOW
2. The DL will be fixed one way or another
3. Even championship caliber teams have a weakness. Not every area has to be stout.

But if you have a chance to get a guy and plug him in, and he's not special, but a proven player, then you get him and move on to the next position of need. What we have now IMO isnt good enough by far, and while the DLine position is deep in the draft, I'd prefer to not have to completely rely on an unproven rookie or two to get the job done.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hicks is STILL in Chicago? Jesus Lord. SIGN HIM ALREADY! :kermit:

Mitchapalooza

Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 4m4 minutes ago
Per Greg Gabriel, DL Akiem Hicks is still in Chicago. #Bears

zabavka

The owls are not what they seem...
Liked Posts:
Make a decision already man jeez. Sign or leave

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
My guess is he wants to sign with the bears, but is trying to squeeze everything he can before he does.

One Team

Liked Posts:
Ryan Pace is seeming to be a relentless young man...excellent sign for this franchise....if he gets the QB position right over the next couple of sessons, the Bears finally have their man.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
@DMooreNFL I've read nothing to indicate that Akiem Hicks met w/ #Lions. He still could, but it seems that he may still be in Chicago. #NFL #Bears

Dude, just sign the fucking contract. I wouldn't want to go to that shit hole known as Detroit either.

Detroit is a shithole city and franchise. They've now forced two all-timers into early reitrement.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Detroit is a shithole city and franchise. They've now forced two all-timers into early reitrement.
And their best defensive player in franchise history left in free agency.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Akiem Hicks is like Bushrod was:

Best FA at the position only because lack of competition.

Better than what we have on the roster now.

Probably not worth what he'll be paid.

Will be exposed and benched or cut when an UFA outplays him.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Go back to Cutler trolling, you're better at that.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Wtf is Hicks doing? Sight seeing? Deep dish pizza coma? Was he at the Trump Rally and got cuffed? My goodness.

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
Go back to Cutler trolling, you're better at that.

You're kinda a dumb ass.

But, that's not new info.

So you're excited about a middle tier DE who couldn't crack the starting lineup with the Pats last year?

Please explain why.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I

Bushrod was a solid signing. He stabilized LT and played the position pretty well. At 7 million a season he was paid to be a solid starting LT, and that was what he was when he was healthy.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Wtf is Hicks doing? Sight seeing? Deep dish pizza coma? Was he at the Trump Rally and got cuffed? My goodness.
I could see the meeting between Pace and Hicks.

Yesterday.

RP: Akiem, here is our offer

AH: Mr. Pace thanks, but if that is all you can come up with I am going to see what Detroit has to say.

RP: Sure, Akiem, I understand. Safe travels.

AH: You know, on second thought, I think I will sleep on it here in Chicago.

RP:Great, see you in the morning.

This morning.

RP: Good morning Akiem. How'd you sleep.

AH: Wonderful. Think you can come up a little on your offer Mr. Pace?

RP: Sorry Akiem, we're going to stand with the offer from yesterday.

AH: OK, I'm headed to Detroit.

RP: OK

AH: I mean it, I'm leaving... I'm walking out the door...Ryan, I'm closing the door. Ryan?

RP: Yes , Akiem.

AH: Can I stay for dinner.

RP: Sure, Akiem...but we are not changing our offer.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel

Been thru a number of negotiations. If another team had a better offer on the table, Hicks would be there not in Chicago. But ya never know

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You're kinda a dumb ass.

But, that's not new info.

So you're excited about a middle tier DE who couldn't crack the starting lineup with the Pats last year?

Please explain why.

He couldn't crack the starting line up because he was traded 3 weeks into the system, missed camp, and had a lot of scheme catch up to do. Also not many Patriots lineman play more than 50% of snaps.

I am excited because he is an upgrade for the Bears.

I personally believe with his physical skills that there is still some upside to him.

At a minimum he is a big strong run defender, an area where the Bears suck, with enough pass rush to not be a liability in that area.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Really? So, they've been smart enough to do ________? Get spanked in their division regularly? Not make the playoffs in 5 seasons? Replace head coaches and GMs with a frequency that would only inspire the Browns? What has been done that is smart?

They have a ton of money because Ashlon is the only draftee that has been worth a huge extension in the last decade.

Really? Where did I reference the past 5 years? Did I not mention PACE???? Where did I reference any past regimes? Quit stalking my posts and trying to be smart, cuz it just makes you look like a troll.

Tell me again how my point about signing Hicks THIS year, with our current GM (Pace), who I referred to, has anything to do with your history rant?

Here was my post in case you have something else stupid to say:

It's getting a little silly with the analogies, isn't it? FA'cy defines overpaying to begin with. That's why teams build through the draft. That's why Pace's approach of not going crazy is a good thing.....right? The Bears have a lot of money to spend because they have been smart, which makes all these points ridiculous.