Akiem Hicks

The Doctor

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
A'Shawn mothafuckin Robinson is who is going to play NT.

I think it would have to be Goldman at NT. He has already shown that he is a force inside.

And look, it only took me 3.5 years to reach my 200th post. Oh yeah! Time to rest now. My typing fingers are about worn out.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You should go back in time increase you post count and look like a genius.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Hicks 6'5" 325lbs
Goldman 6'4" 336lbs
Robinson 6'4" 320lbs.

We wouldn't be making a secret of what we were doing. I have no problem with just rolling out big bad asses on the DL and saving the athletes for OLB.

Goldman moves a lot better than I expected. Can you imagine what he could do without extra attention.

Xplosive

In the Land of the Blind the One Eyed Fan Is Neggd
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
A'Shawn would be a terrible #11 pick. Just take Vernon Butler in round two if you want a NT.
Plenty of needs to go around so why reach?

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Hicks 6'5" 325lbs
Goldman 6'4" 336lbs
Robinson 6'4" 320lbs.

We wouldn't be making a secret of what we were doing. I have no problem with just rolling out big bad asses on the DL and saving the athletes for OLB.

And what about the 60-70% of the time the Bears are in the nickel? Only 2 of those guys are going to be on the field most of the time. Be nice to be dominant against the run (on paper only mind you), but Green Bay will just go 4-wide and not hand the ball to Lacy's fat ass. If the Bears do get Hicks, I'd like to go for one of the smaller upfield types of DT/DEs, like Ward, Rankins, Jones rather than another 320lb guy.

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
A lot of people have him that high. Not a reach at all.

At #11 you are hoping a top 10 player drops and I haven't seen him in anyones top 10, except 'Bama fans. If Hicks is signed that gives even more reason NOT to draft him.

Danny Albuquerque

Liked Posts:
At #11 you are hoping a top 10 player drops and I haven't seen him in anyones top 10, except 'Bama fans. If Hicks is signed that gives even more reason NOT to draft him.

Are you serious?? Having Hicks doesn't stop you from taking BPA--if he is deemed BPA. It's been said many times that this team has so many holes, they can't turn down the BPA. In reality though, if your franchise has to reach for fit you're probably doing something wrong. On the first day, at the very least.

It would be fantastic if a position need lined up with the BPA, but come on! Really seems like Pace has a plan at least, and wont go that route.

HAVOCONE

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
this could be turning out to be 1 of the best off seasons in many years. if they can land hicks and come draft, get "THE" guy they need and want, this message board is going to explode lol. this is only the 1st few days of F.A. i can't wait to see who else they bring in.

GO BEARS!

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
-497dbcb7ffa188f6.JPG

There are several circumstances in life where that is personification of a horror movie. Just to name a few, alone in a dark alley, catching his fancy in prison, try to rob his house, ect....

Escobar's Army

Liked Posts:
And what about the 60-70% of the time the Bears are in the nickel? Only 2 of those guys are going to be on the field most of the time. Be nice to be dominant against the run (on paper only mind you), but Green Bay will just go 4-wide and not hand the ball to Lacy's fat ass. If the Bears do get Hicks, I'd like to go for one of the smaller upfield types of DT/DEs, like Ward, Rankins, Jones rather than another 320lb guy.

Is there something bad about completely eliminating a phase of the game by being so good at stopping it. Forcing a team to pass in order to force you not to play guys is ideal.

Ksap24

Liked Posts:
im trying not to get excited but i love all the move talent and youth i hope tomorrows visit goes as planned

6ff411e7a8b02fbb1a97fbe6ad8e8001.jpg

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Is there something bad about completely eliminating a phase of the game by being so good at stopping it. Forcing a team to pass in order to force you not to play guys is ideal.

Not if you suck at pass D because you put too many resources into 320lb linemen.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:

I like Rankins at 11. Justin Smith role as base DE and 3-tech in sub package.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I like Billings more than Rankins personally. His hustle and freakish speed (on tape) are both 2nd to none in this DT group.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Hicks 6'5" 325lbs
Goldman 6'4" 336lbs
Robinson 6'4" 320lbs.

Having 3 lineman that big would be a change from Fangios 49ers that excelled with McDonald and Smith going 6'3"ish 270-280. Not that he couldn't make it work, just don't see that being his ideal front three.

Last edited:

Xplosive

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
Are you serious?? Having Hicks doesn't stop you from taking BPA--if he is deemed BPA. It's been said many times that this team has so many holes, they can't turn down the BPA. In reality though, if your franchise has to reach for fit you're probably doing something wrong. On the first day, at the very least.

It would be fantastic if a position need lined up with the BPA, but come on! Really seems like Pace has a plan at least, and wont go that route.

The classic BPA argument rears its head. Somehow the number 15-20 ranked prospect will magically be the BPA with the #11 pick, right?

Its much more likely that WR will be the BPA, I'm sure u will be here defend Pace's honor if Treadwells the pick, right???

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I like Billings more than Rankins personally. His hustle and freakish speed (on tape) are both 2nd to none in this DT group.

I like Billings too. IMO this is a draft the Bears have to really fuck it up to not get a stud at 11.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I like Rankins at 11. Justin Smith role as base DE and 3-tech in sub package.

What am I missing on Rankins? After all the Senior Bowl hype I took a look at him, and was so unimpressed I couldn't believe he's even mentioned as a first round pick, let alone a potential top 10. His tape is nowhere near as good as his Senior Bowl was. The Aaron Donald comp some have made is laughable.