CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I am not saying that Robinson needs to be the pick, but Hicks is not enough to add on the DL.

They need another starter.
You tend to be the guy I like to hear from on this stuff. How likely is it that the Bears can go Stanley/Butler in the first two rounds?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
With Hicks added to Ego and Goldman, thats enough money and recent high draft picks invested into the Dline of a 3-4. OLB/CB are premium positions on the defense as well as OT that need attention. Building a team is more complex than simply sticking to a rigid philosophy.

If Hicks arrives on a one year deal my opinion will change but there are too many holes on the team to just draft a rotational backup with #11.

We also have W.Sutton who did do some good things last year, he's clearly on the small side but he still made some plays and as a 4th/5th lineman he'll be fine and P.McPhee and L.Houston both slide inside sometimes as well so don't forget about that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ego hasn't really done anything to stop you from taking a clear improvement. So far, he's just a guy. If the value is close, of course he would take edge, corner, wr, etc, but he's not a special player. Goldman might be. Hicks is nice. Ego is quite a few tiers below them in impact. Above that, no GM should be married to old picks for their sake. Giving Shea all the shots he got was embarrassing. If he is the 3rd ILB, that signals a problem in my mind. Giving a high draft pick or high priced FA snaps is one thing, but devoting big positions to them, regardless of performance, is lunacy! Again, yes I realize QB is an exception. If your team sucks donkey balls, then of course it's the way to go (their backups are likely worse). Winning franchises don't operate like that.

With all that said, Pace really needs to hit on this draft and hope that White plays well enough to be worthy of at least top 3 receiver (on the team). If not, all of these smart signings will only propel them to middling.

There's not a single person on here that should be judging Ego off of his rookie year playing under a horrible coaching staff in M.Trestman and Mel Tucker which is all they have to look at him with cause he spent last year (his 2nd year) injured. We now have one of the best DC's in the league and a HC that knows defense as well so we're about to find out what Ego can really do cause this coaching staff will get the absolute best out of him so don't count him out on what you saw from him in his rookie year. Now of course he could be what he was in his rookie year but he's a 2nd round pick and i think he'll be a pretty good player as a 3rd d-lineman/rotational guy.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ego has value.

He should be playing NT, he should be playing 20-25 reps a game to keep Goldman fresh.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sports Mockery, not sure about validity, is saying the meeting with Hicks was cancelled today.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Does Windy have me on ignore?

aHDWU67.gif

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
You tend to be the guy I like to hear from on this stuff. How likely is it that the Bears can go Stanley/Butler in the first two rounds?

I know this was addressed to Windy but, that would be a rock solid first 2 picks but both may not be there. Butler is a really good player that is a late first round talent can play multiple positions on the dline. And Stanley is the 2nd best lineman in the draft and had crazy length and potential still.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I know this was addressed to Windy but, that would be a rock solid first 2 picks but both may not be there. Butler is a really good player that is a late first round talent can play multiple positions on the dline. And Stanley is the 2nd best lineman in the draft and had crazy length and potential still.

Windy seems to be on top of a lot of this, that's why I pose it to him - but certainly I welcome all responses. It's probably a pipe dream, that scenario - but you never know as far as how teams draft.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

No I would never ignore the 2015 poster of the year. As the 2013 Poster of the Year we are in a rare club.

I doubt Stanley makes it to 11 and Butler makes it to 41.

But I would have no problem if today goes well, Hicks and Freeman, if the Bears were to go OT and then DT. The problem right now is our secondary is a mess and the draft may need to focus in that direction.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
IF we radically improve our DEF, do we then go QB at #11—Wentz, Goff or Lynch? Whoever Pace loves?

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel
‏@greggabe
Some Bears "experts" are saying that Lions interest is a negotiating ploy. Not true. Lions have been a player in this all week and want him

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel
‏@greggabe
Some Bears "experts" are saying that Lions interest is a negotiating ploy. Not true. Lions have been a player in this all week and want him

I am sure they want him.

But it is still leverage for your first visit. When you buy a car you negotiate with the one you want, with the threat of going to the other dealership that you can live with.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Ego has value.

He should be playing NT, he should be playing 20-25 reps a game to keep Goldman fresh.

The Bears had him drop down to around 290 last year. I don't think he's an option at nose.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I am sure they want him.

But it is still leverage for your first visit. When you buy a car you negotiate with the one you want, with the threat of going to the other dealership that you can live with.
And making that other dealer a rival is even more valuable.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Komodo Dragon

Liked Posts:
Does anyone know why Freeman will be 30 next month, but only in the league for four years.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Does anyone know why Freeman will be 30 next month, but only in the league for four years.

cfl Saskatchewan Roughriders[edit]
In March 2009 Freeman signed with the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL. In the 2009 CFL season Jerrell Freeman was used primarily as a special teams tackler, recording a team high 25 special teams tackles. He was nominated as the team's Most Outstanding Rookie. In his second season with the Riders Freeman saw more time as a regular linebacker. He made the starting lineup for one game in the regular season and started in two playoff games and the Grey Cup. Jerrell Freeman won CFL Defensive Player of the Week honors in week 7 after recording 3 sacks against the BC Lions. He led the team in sacks by the end of the season with 7.

The 2011 season was a breakout year for Freeman. Freeman lead the CFL in tackles with 105. Freeman won CFL Defensive Player of the Week in week 10 and earned CFL Defensive Player of the Month for the month of September.