Akiem Hicks

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This Hicks thing seems like less of a slam dunk than it did a little while ago.

I really do not like the DL options that are remaining. Missing on Hicks may mean we roll into the draft with a serious DL weakness, which may force Pace's hand a little. We would also be relying on rookies to play serious snaps early.

Freeman would be awesome, but there are LBs like Zach Brown that I would be okay starting if we miss on Freeman.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I had to choose between the two I would rather sign Hicks based on our needs.

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
This Hicks thing seems like less of a slam dunk than it did a little while ago.

I really do not like the DL options that are remaining. Missing on Hicks may mean we roll into the draft with a serious DL weakness, which may force Pace's hand a little. We would also be relying on rookies to play serious snaps early.

Freeman would be awesome, but there are LBs like Zach Brown that I would be okay starting if we miss on Freeman.

It kind of sounds like he's ours if we want him, but Pace is hesitant about the price. Maybe they are playing a little chicken and seeing who's going to swerve first.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would assume no news is good news on both these guys? I haven't heard a word about Hicks since it was announced he was coming in today. I'm hoping the lack of updates means they're negotiating. The only thing I've heard about Freeman is he is visiting Detroit if he makes it out of Chicago.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Until it hits rotoworld, it's bullshit.

jtreal3

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Something doesn't make sense. I don't know how he could lock up a deal at basically the same time he was meeting with the Bears. Either A) He really means "deal with Bears" B) His source is full of shit or C) Biggs source is full of shit and they never even met tonight

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Only thing I have heard is Hicks had some travel issues and that is the main reason he hasn't visited the Bears yet.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dave Birkett
‏@davebirkett
Akiem Hicks hasn't even made his visit to the Bears yet because of travel hiccups. Gets in tonight. Lions still on hold

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dave Birkett
‏@davebirkett
Akiem Hicks hasn't even made his visit to the Bears yet because of travel hiccups. Gets in tonight. Lions still on hold

Send a freaking car to go get his big behind and get this done dag nabbit!!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 4h4 hours ago
Been told that reports that Akiem Hicks is close to deal with Lions is false. Still flying to Chicago tonight

Bears27

Liked Posts:
200.gif

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we may be hyping Akiem Hicks a bit too much here. Reminds me of the Mason Foster signing........

Hammer

Liked Posts:
Calm down people, with all of the talk about this (let's be honest) average D-Lineman, you're making it sound like he's JJ Watt or something, LOL.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
Greg Gabriel ‏@greggabe 4h4 hours ago
Been told that reports that Akiem Hicks is close to deal with Lions is false. Still flying to Chicago tonight
LaConfora was wrong again. Surprise, surprise.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
LaConfora was wrong again. Surprise, surprise.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

sounds like an agent is trying to drive up the Bears price....

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Just to pump the break for a sec, young players rarely leave thw Pats and go on to have better careers. That system helps players succeed beyond their natural ability. Im not saying he's bad, but if this doesnt end up happening you'll still land a talented 5 tech.

ob1force

Liked Posts:
Just to pump the break for a sec, young players rarely leave thw Pats and go on to have better careers. That system helps players succeed beyond their natural ability. Im not saying he's bad, but if this doesnt end up happening you'll still land a talented 5 tech.

He was only there for like half a season, I thought? And was already pretty solid in New Orleans.