dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
LOL. Some of you read WAAAYYYY too much into shit. I'm sure Pace has Plan A,B,C,D all laid out. If Hicks doesn't sign it means we'll get another free agent. Or spend more money on another position so we can spend a couple draft picks on the position. Hicks is a solid player but not the type you get desperate over.

But he's the best at his position left in free agency so why wouldn't we want him to play for the Bears?? Every GM has plans A,B,C and D laid out at this time of year.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We had so many bad, and average players on DEF, that getting above average, and good FAs (not even great or elite) is an upgrade. When you go from F or D to B, that's a significant improvement. AND if helps to improve those players that already WERE good, or great.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Maybe Hicks is secretly a prince from Zamunda and doesn't really need this job?

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Twitter accounts reporting both the Bears and the Lions are 'locking up' Hicks today. lol on this crap

JeffChrist

Liked Posts:
I thought the Lions play a 4-3. Wouldn't a DE in 3-4 be a lot different than DE in 4-3? What would his main responsibilities be in each D?

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
I thought the Lions play a 4-3. Wouldn't a DE in 3-4 be a lot different than DE in 4-3? What would his main responsibilities be in each D?
He'd play DT in their 4-3.

Sent from my outdated Droid

1000ftditka!

Throbbing
Liked Posts:
Civilization, also known as Massachusetts
Hicks is an upgrade over Jenkins.....easily. DO NOT let him leave Chicago without a contract.

Would be nice to have Freeman in house too....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:

They added Ngata and put him at NT...and kept the 4-3. Probably at DT.

Mitchapalooza

Pete Packowski ‏@Pete_BBS 38m38 minutes ago
Per source, Akiem Hicks signing could happen today. Detroit and Chicago considered the heavy favorites.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
with all this going...probably ends back up in New England with negotiating power in hand.

Mitchapalooza

this shit reminds me of last offseason for Mason Foster. after weeks, we finally sign him then we fucking cut him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
How are the Lions even talking to Hicks?

Someone shut down the cell service at Halas Hall already.

Detroit has a ton of DTs, in Chicago he would start and reach all playing time incentives with little if any competition.