Akiem Hicks

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
He was only there for like half a season, I thought? And was already pretty solid in New Orleans.
NE still had him in pads and knows what he can bring, yet it doesnt seem like they pushed hard to bring him back.

Once again, im not saying he's bad, but the inability for players to do well outside of that Pats uni is a bit of a red flag.

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
sounds like an agent is trying to drive up the Bears price....
Except that the Bears knew he was flying in for his visit tonight. Sounds more like bad reporting to me, which shouldn't be a shocker because LaConfora is often wrong.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
NE still had him in pads and knows what he can bring, yet it doesnt seem like they pushed hard to bring him back.

Once again, im not saying he's bad, but the inability for players to do well outside of that Pats uni is a bit of a red flag.
Hicks was good in New Orleans too, no?

I mean I'm not expecting this guy to be an All-Pro. Good, solid rotation player would suffice and he's more than capable of doing that.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 55s56 seconds ago
DE Akiem Hicks just now arriving at Halas Hall to talk w/ the #Bears, per @peggykusinski

Quick, someone local go bring him some homemade cookies!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Aaron Leming ‏@AaronLemingNFL 53s53 seconds ago
DE Akiem Hicks just now arriving at Halas Hall to talk w/ the #Bears, per @peggykusinski

Fuck you lunchbox. You had to beat me by like 30 seconds didn't you???

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
@peggykusinski: Late night date for #Bears & DT Akiem Hicks who just arrived for his free agency meeting with GM Ryan Pace & HC John Fox

Get em' boys!

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
the contract will indicate how desperate the pace has become

LOL. Some of you read WAAAYYYY too much into shit. I'm sure Pace has Plan A,B,C,D all laid out. If Hicks doesn't sign it means we'll get another free agent. Or spend more money on another position so we can spend a couple draft picks on the position. Hicks is a solid player but not the type you get desperate over.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
LOL. Some of you read WAAAYYYY too much into shit. I'm sure Pace has Plan A,B,C,D all laid out. If Hicks doesn't sign it means we'll get another free agent. Or spend more money on another position so we can spend a couple draft picks on the position. Hicks is a solid player but not the type you get desperate over.

Panic time !!

hillaryclinton.jpg

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

New England wanted him back but can't aford him.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
He played well in NO.

Rob Ryan didn't feel like he fit, and they traded him, which turned out to be a terrible move to NO.

He arrives in NE and plays well.

They want to re-sign him, but clearly are going to get out bid by teams with more cap room. Oh and they also have 2 1st round picks playing the position that he took reps from so it is not like they have a screaming need.

Hicks is a good starting DLmen with exceptional size and some upside. He would immediately be in the conversation for the Bears best DLmen, because the Bears DL sucks. We need the DL to un suck and that starts with adding un-sucky players when the opportunity presents itself

Rise

Liked Posts:
Pay the man!

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He would immediately be in the conversation for the Bears best DLmen, because the Bears DL sucks.

This is more an indictment of our DLine than Hicks' ability.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is more an indictment of our DLine than Hicks' ability.

Agreed, but that is the situation we find ourselves in.

We need to upgrade the talent level, it just so happens the talent level is low. Hicks is a good player and is light years better than Jarvis Jenkins. He and Goldman would give a strong base to the line.

alexbear1

Liked Posts:
I'd like to see the following sign with the Bears to give us a very base to build on going into the draft:

Akeim Hicks (vital), Jerrell Freeman (an excellent complement to Trevathan and we get to move on from McClellin), David Bruton or Tony Jefferson, Walter Thurmond (he can compete with Callahan to play in the slot and compete with Bruton at the SS position providing better depth in the secondary), Rahim Moore (1 year vet minimum 'prove it deal') and possibly Garrett Graham who is a decent blocking TE.

One other player I am intrigued by who is quality when fit is Kelvin Beachum to play LT. I doubt we go after him but if he returns to his best form he'd be an outstanding pick up.