• KEVIN WHITE

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • LA'EL COLLINS or Someone Else

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Thinking from a realistic standpoint, I'd take White.

As much as I like Cooper, I don't see him dropping past the 5th spot. Oakland needs a WR a lot more than we do.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
I like Cooper more than Watkins, I think he's a better prospect coming from college.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;Aw9BWDah6co]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw9BWDah6co[/video]

giphy.gif

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;Aw9BWDah6co]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw9BWDah6co[/video]

giphy.gif

for a bigger guy white has amazing balance and I truly enjoyed watching him play for the eers and id be very happy too see him in a bears uni

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
Incorrect. Amari Cooper is the definition of a hands catcher. Literally makes it look easy. Numerous times I have seen White make catches with his body down the field.

Cooper is the better route runner, has better hands and I think can take the top off a defense more than White can. I can see physical CB's being able to slow White down. Cooper reminds me of Odell Beckham except with a little more size but a bit less "big play" ability. Both had very similar 40 times, 3 cone and 20 yard shuttle times, I am talking VERY similar. Beckham has a little more hops which allows him to make more spectacular catches but Cooper has a little more savvy in his routes. Hands wise I would say they are similar, Beckham just makes it look good.
the tapes I watched he caught the ball more with his body than his hands also he had the benefit of a good offensive sceme,thus took some pressure off of him (he wasn't the only threat on offense).even with that he sat on his routes waiting for the ball to come to him,he cant do that in the nfl corners are much better.he is by far the definition of a hands catcher white blew him away at the combine in the catching drills and on tape imo

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
Id prefer white and parker over cooper simply because I prefer bigger receivers. If I were a gm id probably never draft a receiver under 6'2' just because i want size at the position.t

its not like cooper offers anything as a receiver that white doesn't, at least not by any wide margin. were not talking about some big tall fast guy that actually isnt a WR like justin hill. White is a legit WR that also happens to have size and elite speed, meaning hes the one that actually brings more to the table. In fact that makes white the only wr truly worthy of #7 IMO.
That's just moronic. You'd miss out on great WRs.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Plenty of teams don't use their most explosive players as return men. It's because of workload. It's not an excuse.
In the NFL eventually no, they have a bigger investment elsewhere. But Dez, Patrick Peterson the list is so long of rookies or guys doing it for a short time.

In college they are almost always put into a return role if they can get the job done.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Here, Let Nick Saban explain...
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/10/nick_saban_explains_why_amari.html

Julio Jones had a grand total of 7 kick returns in 3 years under Saban. Pretty clear he likes to keep his star playmakers healthy.
Julio is a different built receiver then Cooper. You dont wanna put a tall jump ball receiver as a returner.

I read that article and it doesnt say much. You showcase your star that commited to you especially if he wants to do it but apparently he felt other players are better suited. If he care so much on his workload give him a breather as a receiver and put the other 4-5 star recruits you have at receiver in.

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
That's just moronic. You'd miss out on great WRs.

I wouldnt miss out on anything as far Im concerned, I just wouldnt grade receivers the same as you so my team would simply have different receivers than yours and well, since its my team... fuck off.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Julio is a different built receiver then Cooper. You dont wanna put a tall jump ball receiver as a returner.

I read that article and it doesnt say much. You showcase your star that commited to you especially if he wants to do it but apparently he felt other players are better suited. If he care so much on his workload give him a breather as a receiver and put the other 4-5 star recruits you have at receiver in.

There is exactly Zero correlation between returning kicks in college and being a good wr in the NFL.. None..notta. You get hung up on the silliest shit.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think Cooper is a safe pick and Fowler would also be. Look at Golden Tate - that's what I would compare Cooper to. He can play outside - good football player.

I wouldn't expect Pace to reach in his first year. He seems like a measured guy.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Cooper just has so little downside, and we just cannot afford to miss....

I go Cooper over White, but wouldn't be shocked if White was the better pro eventually.

I think with Cooper you're getting AT WORST a very good number 2 in the league and probably more than that.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cooper just has so little downside, and we just cannot afford to miss....

I go Cooper over White, but wouldn't be shocked if White was the better pro eventually.

I think with Cooper you're getting AT WORST a very good number 2 in the league and probably more than that.

You have to like White's size, but that's really only half the story. They should have signed Tate last year - a lot of intangibles. Cooper is a gamer and he can play day one. This draft is interesting. If Fowler is there I think it's a no brainer, but he's likely gone and then it's plan B.

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
You have to like White's size, but that's really only half the story. They should have signed Tate last year - a lot of intangibles. Cooper is a gamer and he can play day one. This draft is interesting. If Fowler is there I think it's a no brainer, but he's likely gone and then it's plan B.

The unreal thing about Fowler is he is still like 20 yrs old.

The guy has a mountain of potential and no real weaknesses.

Vic Beasley at 250lbs tho......

I love everything about White as an athlete...he is a world class athlete, and I do NOT throw that term around loosely. You just aren't in a position to possibly bust on the pick plus Cooper is better out of the gate imho.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The unreal thing about Fowler is he is still like 20 yrs old.

The guy has a mountain of potential and no real weaknesses.

Vic Beasley at 250lbs tho......

I love everything about White as an athlete...he is a world class athlete, and I do NOT throw that term around loosely. You just aren't in a position to possibly bust on the pick plus Cooper is better out of the gate imho.

If Fowler is there you take him - he's a bit one dimensional with the rush, but like you said, he's young and has a huge ceiling. Some on here would say I'm just listening to draft guys, but I've watched him plenty. If he gets to 7, you take Fowler. I think he's gone- BPA probably isn't Cooper at that point - it's really a talking point. FA, seems to point to wr or db, though.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This may sound odd but it's White or no one even though I think that Cooper is the safer pick and wouldn't be disappointed. I see White as the only prospect with the potential to be worth that high of a pick. If he doesn't become a better route runner etc, he won't become that player either but you can't make Cooper faster or bigger. If there's 5 D players gone before us, it will be interesting. I'm generally wary of WRs this early unless they have the entire stud package of measurables and refinement and neither of these 2 would fully fit that for me.

Liked Posts:
I don't know if White is the better WR, but I believe he'd be the better WR for the Bears. I've thought & still think the speed element at the WR position would really make this offense scary.

When I think back to when the Bears has Knox & Hester, they had the speed but they didn't have the talent. Now they do have multiple receiving targets that can get the 50/50's & batter DB's underneath. I believe if the Bears were to add a kid like white to the existing talent on the offense I kid like White would thrive.

I think back to Willie Gault. He wasn't a great receiver. I still believe he was a better athlete than football player. But when I look back at that team, great defense aside. the offense had an efficient enough QB to win with, a road grater O-Line, excellent running game, solid TE with Moorehead. As a result of having that key talent already established Gault, the Bears were able to beat a lot of teams down the field at key moments, & Gault in a sense was able to produce beyond what his pure ability as a football player may or may not have portrait.

I think adding a WR with both burner speed & talent, would make would be an excellent addition, especially with already having other legit talent on the offense, & when the Bears do add a new QB it should only help make their development that much easier.

I'd take White with the Bears built as they currently are

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
I'll just leave this right here for those that think White is faster than cooper.

Hint: its a faclicy due to a mixup with his time at the combine. Cooper can fly. He also gets dB's to open their hips the wrong way far more often than white.
Amari Cooper vs Kevin White vs DeVante Parker: https://youtu.be/mw6rhfkixDQ