Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Was listening to nfl radio this AM on xirius....made a good point regarding evaluating players...

mentioned how white (in temrs of vs. cooper as the first wr to come off the voard) had a great combine/workout...but does his tape match the workout.....

I haven't seen enough of cooper or white to know if their workouts and tapes match....but the point driven home by the speaker was is the prospect's workout is great, but tape is not, you should leave them on the board....

If Pace is true to his word he would pick Cooper over White. White reminds me of Stephen Hill. Freak but no production

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
chicken-coop-530x530.jpg

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
The unreal thing about Fowler is he is still like 20 yrs old.

The guy has a mountain of potential and no real weaknesses.

Vic Beasley at 250lbs tho......

I love everything about White as an athlete...he is a world class athlete, and I do NOT throw that term around loosely. You just aren't in a position to possibly bust on the pick plus Cooper is better out of the gate imho.

If Fowler is there its a no brainer. Also Cooper is only 20 also.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
You make it sound like White didn't have production, he did. It would be nicer if a guy that plays like Marshall was built like Marshall. I'm not sure ant WR is worth #7 but if I roll the dice, it would be for what has the potential to be a #1 big deep field threat. Fast enough to get deep in college is different than the NFL.

Coopers 4.38 is fast enough to get deep. And his 20-40 (top end speed) yards was significantly faster that Whites

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
cooper = 4.42
alshon = 4.48

Coopers 4.36-4.38 they released the statement saying the 40 time was wrong, watch the video that was just posted of Cooper, White and Parker racing.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
If Pace is true to his word he would pick Cooper over White. White reminds me of Stephen Hill. Freak but no production

White has production and has good hands, Hill had neither and his hands were god awful. I like White and Cooper I just like Cooper more.

LanceStone

Liked Posts:
THE COOPA FANGURLZ CAN KEEP HYPING HIM UP AS THE BEST RECEIVER IN THIS YRS DRAFT. BUT 10YRS DOWN THE ROAD WHEN Kev WHIZZITE HAS GONE TO 10 PRO BOWLS AND RACKED UP HALL OF FAME NUMBERS, WHILE COOPA IS OUT OF THE LEAGUE AND WORKING FOR VEMMA AS A PYRAMID SCHEMER, WILL SEE WHO'S LAUGHING .. THE LEGENDARY WIZARD WILL BE LAUGHING. I WILL BUMP THIS THREAD IN 10 YRS TO RUB IT IN THE FACES OF ALL THE COOPA TWINKS WHO ARE CROWNING HIM AS THE GOAT OF 2015 WR CLASS.

AussieBear

Same article states it being corrected at high 4.4-4.5. Coopers 4.36-4.38 was a statement from the combine where it is electronically timed.

sure, but kevin weidl reported 4.38 to begin with. im not here to argue and say cooper is slow or anything but when alshons legs are healthy he isnt te slow and can get deep.... though hes not a 4.2 4.3 burner

AussieBear

THE COOPA FANGURLZ CAN KEEP HYPING HIM UP AS THE BEST RECEIVER IN THIS YRS DRAFT. BUT 10YRS DOWN THE ROAD WHEN Kev WHIZZITE HAS GONE TO 10 PRO BOWLS AND RACKED UP HALL OF FAME NUMBERS, WHILE COOPA IS OUT OF THE LEAGUE AND WORKING FOR VEMMA AS A PYRAMID SCHEMER, WILL SEE WHO'S LAUGHING .. THE LEGENDARY WIZARD WILL BE LAUGHING. I WILL BUMP THIS THREAD IN 10 YRS TO RUB IT IN THE FACES OF ALL THE COOPA TWINKS WHO ARE CROWNING HIM AS THE GOAT OF 2015 WR CLASS.

it doesnt matter if either fail, people will blame whatever QB was throwing the ball.. or how bad the line was, or how the 22 coaches and 13 new offenses they had to install stunted their development.

Gurley is the pick btw

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
sure, but kevin weidl reported 4.38 to begin with. im not here to argue and say cooper is slow or anything but when alshons legs are healthy he isnt te slow and can get deep.... though hes not a 4.2 4.3 burner

I agree, his rookie season against the Colts was a perfect example. (Jeffery)

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
White may end up being better, but Cooper can start immediately. He's the safer pick and a complete player right now. I really think it will be a defensive player - there are going to be some good players on the board. This might be a year when it makes sense to trade down for an additional second. There are a couple of players I wouldn't pass on at 7 tho. They've picked up quite a few guys at LBer, but I'd take Fowler if he's there. He may never be a dynamic pass rusher, but he's relentless and has the body to play all over. He can stand up or go 3 point. I really like Fowler and Cooper as safe picks and one of them will probably be there.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No way it's Gurley at 7. That would be a trade down scenario. I like him, but the injuries scare me with any tailback. You don't really want to draft a guy in the first who has already ripped his knee up.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:

speak for yooo self, White seems a lil soft but may develop IMO :D

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Same article states it being corrected at high 4.4-4.5. Coopers 4.36-4.38 was a statement from the combine where it is electronically timed.

[video=youtube;mw6rhfkixDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw6rhfkixDQ[/video] It's not just top speed here. Cooper just isn't as fast. His skill comes in change of direction and body control, which is great but he's simply not as fast or explosive off the mark. WRs are difficult to project but you generally want a guy that's skilled, elite fast and big as your top 10 selection. He's tremendous at the 1st but only good at the other 2. White clicks 2 of 3 but they won't all be of equal value. I still slightly prefer White because he's the guy that could most turn out worthy of the pick. Once you get to 10 or so and nobody dropped, I think Cooper becomes very desirable.

Parker is plenty good too but doesn't play as strong as the other 2. Could turn our great with some NFL weight room work.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
[video=youtube;mw6rhfkixDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw6rhfkixDQ[/video]

He's shifty and also a physical guy. I'm pretty sure he'll be starting quite a while wherever he ends up. There is some truth to "football speed". He can turn it on, but he's not a track athlete. Hands are really good. He's just a complete receiver - runs good routes, not shy about blocking and snags the ball. A safe pick and I'm sure he can play outside. He's a guy that has his feet underneath him - great runner. Would be good in the slot as well.

Not much to dislike about Cooper. Wouldn't be disappointed with the pick because I'm fairly certain he'll be a starter for a couple of contracts. Really smooth player who is very physical and competitive.

Last edited:

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;mw6rhfkixDQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw6rhfkixDQ[/video] It's not just top speed here. Cooper just isn't as fast. His skill comes in change of direction and body control, which is great but he's simply not as fast or explosive off the mark. WRs are difficult to project but you generally want a guy that's skilled, elite fast and big as your top 10 selection. He's tremendous at the 1st but only good at the other 2. White clicks 2 of 3 but they won't all be of equal value. I still slightly prefer White because he's the guy that could most turn out worthy of the pick. Once you get to 10 or so and nobody dropped, I think Cooper becomes very desirable.

Parker is plenty good too but doesn't play as strong as the other 2. Could turn our great with some NFL weight room work.

what do you mean he isn't as fast? he's literally neck and neck with white the whole time and pulls slightly ahead at the end. the difference in their track speed is almost imperceptible.

more importantly, cooper is faster on the field. white doesn't play to his track time.