Votes: 35 28.2%
  • LA'EL COLLINS or Someone Else

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

geneatals

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Was listening to nfl radio this AM on xirius....made a good point regarding evaluating players...

mentioned how white (in temrs of vs. cooper as the first wr to come off the voard) had a great combine/workout...but does his tape match the workout.....

I haven't seen enough of cooper or white to know if their workouts and tapes match....but the point driven home by the speaker was is the prospect's workout is great, but tape is not, you should leave them on the board....

RisWell

Liked Posts:
There is exactly Zero correlation between returning kicks in college and being a good wr in the NFL.. None..notta. You get hung up on the silliest shit.
You should read more then one comment to better understand what lead to that. To make it short. Odds are slim for a 6-1 receiver to turn into a #1 receiver. The ones that beat the odds had the vertical to go up and fight for contested jump balls or had that explosive ability. Cooper vertical isnt up to par and is he explosive? Last time i checked all the 6-1 or shorter receivers returned kicks. If Cooper was explosive and a home run threat he would be back there returning kicks in college.

Good receiver but do you invest a #7 pick on a receiver who most likely wont develop into a #1. #7 is a pretty damn high pick and you normally try to get a guy with a ridiculous ceiling and White has that ceiling.

Antonio Brown,Torry Holt or even Becham was brought up. Antonio Brown a special teams guy with home run ability, Becham's vertical way above average and a beast return man, Holt was also a damn good return man because of his home run ability and his vertical is above average.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Cooper plays like Marshall.

Whit could be another workout wonder. And we know how those turn out. nothingi against white, very good WR but Cooper is fantastic to watch.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
You should read more then one comment to better understand what lead to that. To make it short. Odds are slim for a 6-1 receiver to turn into a #1 receiver. The ones that beat the odds had the vertical to go up and fight for contested jump balls or had that explosive ability. Cooper vertical isnt up to par and is he explosive? Last time i checked all the 6-1 or shorter receivers returned kicks. If Cooper was explosive and a home run threat he would be back there returning kicks in college.

Good receiver but do you invest a #7 pick on a receiver who most likely wont develop into a #1. #7 is a pretty damn high pick and you normally try to get a guy with a ridiculous ceiling and White has that ceiling.

Antonio Brown,Torry Holt or even Becham was brought up. Antonio Brown a special teams guy with home run ability, Becham's vertical way above average and a beast return man, Holt was also a damn good return man because of his home run ability and his vertical is above average.

If you have seriously watched more than two games of cooper you'd realize he's a home run waiting to happen. Has speed to burn and can make people miss in a short area. The vertical? Cmon already. The odds are not stacked against him. That's some bs you made up in your own mind with nothing to validate it.

You Won't do it but id say go back and watch how many times White has been caught from behind by his shoelaces. He doesn't play with 4:35 speed. When cooper kicks it into gear, its over. He never gets caught. That is a cold hard fact based off of tape.

I'm done with this with you because you've ignored every point/comparison throughout this thread made by several posters and continue on this vertical jump nonsense.

There are many ways to skin a cat. Cooper will be a stud.

If the Combine never happened and all we had was tape. You'd be better off.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Cooper plays like Marshall.

Whit could be another workout wonder. And we know how those turn out. nothingi against white, very good WR but Cooper is fantastic to watch.
You make it sound like White didn't have production, he did. It would be nicer if a guy that plays like Marshall was built like Marshall. I'm not sure ant WR is worth #7 but if I roll the dice, it would be for what has the potential to be a #1 big deep field threat. Fast enough to get deep in college is different than the NFL.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Id just like to go through message boards over the years of fans talking how Crabtree and Heyward Bey were gonna be amazing.

I never get too excited about rookies, especially WRS

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Id just like to go through message boards over the years of fans talking how Crabtree and Heyward Bey were gonna be amazing.

I never get too excited about rookies, especially WRS

Did you miss the rookie wr explosion last year? Tons of guys came out and will most likely be names you hear towards the top of wr rankings for years to come.

That being said, this wr class coming out doesn't appear to be too far off from last years. The evolution of the college game is producing some real playmakers atm.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Did you miss the rookie wr explosion last year? Tons of guys came out and will most likely be names you hear towards the top of wr rankings for years to come.

That being said, this wr class coming out doesn't appear to be too far off from last years. The evolution of the college game is producing some real playmakers atm.

But what about Crabtree and Heyward Bey?

RisWell

Liked Posts:
If you have seriously watched more than two games of cooper you'd realize he's a home run waiting to happen. Has speed to burn and can make people miss in a short area. The vertical? Cmon already. The odds are not stacked against him. That's some bs you made up in your own mind with nothing to validate it.

You Won't do it but id say go back and watch how many times White has been caught from behind by his shoelaces. He doesn't play with 4:35 speed. When cooper kicks it into gear, its over. He never gets caught. That is a cold hard fact based off of tape.

I'm done with this with you because you've ignored every point/comparison throughout this thread made by several posters and continue on this vertical jump nonsense.

There are many ways to skin a cat. Cooper will be a stud.

If the Combine never happened and all we had was tape. You'd be better off.
I watched a ton of games of Cooper also. Bama always on TV. Teams really tried to stop that run. I never seen a receiver benefited so much from defenders biting on play action then him.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I fucking hate all rookie draft picks, especially WRS

:-v

RisWell

Liked Posts:

They are far off but it's a good class.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Last year class probably go down as one of the best ever.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
To make it short. Odds are slim for a 6-1 receiver to turn into a #1 receiver. The ones that beat the odds had the vertical to go up and fight for contested jump balls or had that explosive ability.

had a quick look at the list of all time receiving yards ... 4 of the top 8 was 6-0 and the all time leader barely made it over 6-1 at 6-2. now tell me, which of these five receivers were known for their explosiveness and vertical leap? Jerry Rice, Isaac Bruce, Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, Tim Brown?

wouldn't it be fair to say that vertical leap is even more important for the bigger receivers that usually lack the quickness and route running ability of the shorter receivers and therefore specializes in catching more contested passes?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Amari Cooper has more polish, he will probably produce more and sooner.

Kevin White has more physical upside. If you want a WR that plays like Marshall watch Kevin White load up a stuff arms and the DBs go running.

Both have elite speed which gives them a dynamic the Bears lack.

AussieBear

Amari Cooper has more polish, he will probably produce more and sooner.

Kevin White has more physical upside. If you want a WR that plays like Marshall watch Kevin White load up a stuff arms and the DBs go running.

Both have elite speed which gives them a dynamic the Bears lack.

cooper = 4.42
alshon = 4.48

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
I pick my Wr's like I pick my women, how well do they catch balls.

The answer is Cooper. Kevin White isn't the damn GOAT. He looks like a fucking goat, though.