Votes: 83 66.9%
  • KEVIN WHITE

Votes: 35 28.2%
  • LA'EL COLLINS or Someone Else

Votes: 6 4.8%

• Total voters

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Jerry Rice did it all from jump balls to acrobatic catches and route running. Jerry must of had a bad day when he ran the 40 because he out ran defenders at ease for over a decade.

As i stated numerous times in this thread. Those receivers that are 6-1 or under odds are against them and the ones that beat the odds was either explosive or was able to get up there and get it. Special teams is a good way to tell if you have that explosive home run ability as probably over 90% of any receiver who was explosive was a returner at one point or another in his career. You can ignore vertical all you want but its a valuable part of a receivers game especially this day in age where zone coverage is used often.

You can ask anybody who has ever played QB in there life what kind of reciever do you prefer and 9 out of 10 will choose the taller one who has the wing span and height. Why? because there are only a handful of QB that can zip it with perfect accuracy on a consistent basis.

Now back to Cooper. He aint no Marvin Harrison so you can put those dreams to rest. So at best Cooper is a #2 receiver who got drafted to be a #1

Stop digging in the vault on past receivers. We in 2015 and who does Cooper compare to now. I said he is a taller version of Eddie Royal.

just that alone should make you think you are pretty lost when it comes to judging what kind of receiver Cooper is. Professional football people all have him in the top 10, some even in the top 3 but here you are, just some dude watching games from your sofa saying he is a tall Royal (journeyman receiver).

They basically don't know shit and should consult you about how to judge receivers, right?

You want Stephen Hill, fine, I don't. Cooper is NOT Stephen Hill, but history tells us there is a good chance White is (of course he could be Randy Moss as well but do you gamble like that in the top 10?)

you say Cooper can't be a #1, I think he can and there are way more professionals agreeing with me than you...

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Both White and Cooper are very good and will be very good

The Bears should he happy with either.

White provides more physical skills.

Cooper provides more polish.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
just that alone should make you think you are pretty lost when it comes to judging what kind of receiver Cooper is. Professional football people all have him in the top 10, some even in the top 3 but here you are, just some dude watching games from your sofa saying he is a tall Royal (journeyman receiver).

They basically don't know shit and should consult you about how to judge receivers, right?

You want Stephen Hill, fine, I don't. Cooper is NOT Stephen Hill, but history tells us there is a good chance White is (of course he could be Randy Moss as well but do you gamble like that in the top 10?)

you say Cooper can't be a #1, I think he can and there are way more professionals agreeing with me than you...
Im some dude who actually can make a argument and not constantly post projections and what a scout say. Im somebody who can look at the top 10 receivers in the league right now and tell Cooper doesnt measure up to them. I keep hearing the same shit his film and wtf does his film show that the others dont show. White film shows shit that others dont show. I keep hearing well he is projected top 10 by such and such scout well guess all these projected top 10 picks are gonna be the shit. These are some really sad arguments im hearing.

Cooper film doesn't even look all that great for 1. Where is the wow factor at. I wanna see some shit that most receivers cant do.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Both White and Cooper are very good and will be very good

The Bears should he happy with either.

White provides more physical skills.

Cooper provides more polish.
Cooper is very polished and a beast route runner and gonna be good. I wanna know does he have upside to be a probowler.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Remember earlier in this thread when you said, " what the fuck does elite quickness have to do with a WR"? And my rebuttal was it helps creates separation.

Take note, This is first round LSU CB Collins.

Cooper breaks inside so hard and so fast it almost knocks Collins on his ass. Collins does recover just in time to get stiff armed into the end zone. Ohh, and that nasty spin move without breaking stride that makes two players look silly in between.

The definition of explosion is right in front of your eyes:

amari-cooper-stiff-arm-td-lsu.gif

He's definitely quick and he's not afraid to mix it up either. I really like him as a player. He made Collins look silly.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
We already got a Cooper on the team and he is proven. Am i the only one that think there skill set is similiar. He wasnt even scared to do the bench press and jumps higher then Cooper.

COMBINE RESULTS40 YARD DASH:*4.39 SECBENCH PRESS:*24 REPSVERTICAL JUMP:*36.0 INCHBROAD JUMP:*124.0 INCH60 YARD SHUTTLE:*11.66 SEC

Eddie Royal Chargers Highlights: http://youtu.be/ZymIy90W-wM

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We already got a Cooper on the team and he is proven. Am i the only one that think there skill set is similiar. He wasnt even scared to do the bench press and jumps higher then Cooper.

COMBINE RESULTS40 YARD DASH:*4.39 SECBENCH PRESS:*24 REPSVERTICAL JUMP:*36.0 INCHBROAD JUMP:*124.0 INCH60 YARD SHUTTLE:*11.66 SEC

I think you're selling him short, but it's just opinion. Cooper might be the safest pick in the draft and I doubt he makes it to 7. If he does, the Bears should draft him. I like Fowler as well - one of the two should be there. Cooper is plug and play.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Fox and Gase might want somebody that resembles Demyarius Thomas.

JaySix

Liked Posts:

combine results means nothing. if it did we could just sign Heyward Bey, pretty sure he is a free agent. Stephen Hill shouldn't be that hard to get either....

if you are right, that he is nothing but another Royal then we will all see him drop to our second round pick. if he does, should we take him?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Watkins and Cooper are total opposites. Watkins is the definition of explosive. One of the best home run threats to come out of college in a long time. Cooper film at Bama compared to Watkins at Clemson isnt even a close comparison.

Like i was trying to say if you are 6-1 or under and got no ups you need to be very explosive.

So Cooper going top 10 vouches he is gonna be fucking good. So i guess Winston, Mariota, Gregory are gonna be fucking good because scouts projected them top 10.

You completely missed the point. Its not about hit or miss, bust or not. What I'm saying is; Cooper will be drafted in the top ton because he has number one potential. Teams don't take a "potential" number two guy within the top ten.

There's zero value in doing so. So, when Cooper gets picked early by a GM, it will be because he will be expected to be "the man".

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He's definitely quick and he's not afraid to mix it up either. I really like him as a player. He made Collins look silly.

Haha Making people look silly isn't "Wow" enough for some people.

JaySix

Liked Posts:
Im some dude who actually can make a argument and not constantly post projections and what a scout say. Im somebody who can look at the top 10 receivers in the league right now and tell Cooper doesnt measure up to them. I keep hearing the same shit his film and wtf does his film show that the others dont show. White film shows shit that others dont show. I keep hearing well he is projected top 10 by such and such scout well guess all these projected top 10 picks are gonna be the shit. These are some really sad arguments im hearing.

Cooper film doesn't even look all that great for 1. Where is the wow factor at. I wanna see some shit that most receivers cant do.
he is the best route runner in the draft. that's my sad argument.

apart from that he snatches the ball with his hands. He gets the ball under control and close to his body instantly after the catch without wobbles or double catches. he has elite playing speed and very good timed speed. he is very good after the catch by outrunning guys or making them miss. He has no glaring weaknesses in his game period, he is an ideal complement to Jeffries and yes he looks to be WAY better than Eddie Royal

your argument is combine results are the only thing that matters, well I don't agree because I've seen that backfire on teams way too many times....

JaySix

Liked Posts:
all that being said if we ended up drafting White I would hope for all that freakish upside to result in a football player for the ages, but I would be concerned it didn't....

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
he is the best route runner in the draft. that's my sad argument.

apart from that he snatches the ball with his hands. He gets the ball under control and close to his body instantly after the catch without wobbles or double catches. he has elite playing speed and very good timed speed. he is very good after the catch by outrunning guys or making them miss. He has no glaring weaknesses in his game period, he is an ideal complement to Jeffries and yes he looks to be WAY better than Eddie Royal

your argument is combine results are the only thing that matters, well I don't agree because I've seen that backfire on teams way too many times....

Don't forget the special teams factor. Only the best play ST while the scrubs ride the pine

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I prefer White because I like his size, speed and physicality. Plus he works hard on technique and spends a ton of time in the film room. He has a chip on his shoulder and plays angry but under control. However, I would have no problem with Cooper. He's so smooth and is a great route runner. He makes everything look easy. There's no wasted motion with this guy. He's always open and I think that will translate to the NFL. He'll be a day one starter and a big contributor for any team that does not have serious QB issues. I wouldn't mind Parker either but he reminds me a lot of Alshon so I think the other two are better fits for the Bears.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't mind either at 7. I like Cooper's balance, but White could end up being the better outside guy. Both are good character guys and worthy of top ten, imo. I definitely wouldn't be surprised to see one of them at 7, but they both could be gone. Cooper is the more complete player right now and is more versatile.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Amari Cooper - WR - Crimson Tide
John Parolin of ESPN's Stats & Information Group statistically compares Alabama WR Amari Cooper to Sammy Watkins, Chad Jackson and Tavon Austin.
"Cooper's total measurables best compare to Watkins," he wrote. "Both receivers stand almost 6-1 and 211 pounds with almost identical arm lengths and wingspans. Cooper has similar vertical jump numbers to Watkins, but is over one-third of a second faster in the 20-yard shuttle run." Colleague Kevin Weidl understands the Watkins comparison, but believes a better comparable is Jordy Nelson. "Although Nelson is slightly bigger, both are extremely detailed route runners who have the ability to create separation at all three levels and show excellent field and situational awareness for the position," Weidl wrote.
Source: ESPN Insider Apr 3 - 11:13 PM

Kevin White - WR - Mountaineers
ESPN's Kevin Weidl compares West Virginia WR Kevin White to Julio Jones.
"They both have an exceptional combination of strength and explosiveness that creates mismatches when left on an island," Weidl wrote. "In addition, both show the ability to not only stretch the field and win one-on-one battles, but also have the speed, balance and strength as runners to manufacture big yards after the catch." John Parolin of the Stats & Information Group, using numbers as opposed to game film, likens White to A.J. Green and Rueben Randle. "White's height, hand size and wingspan all compare to Randle, though White's combine performance shows superior athletic measurables," he wrote. "His total profile matches Green well; Green is an inch taller with a similar wingspan but two inches shorter on the vertical jump."

http://www.rotoworld.com/sports/cfb/nfl-draft

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Cooper I think is illustrated well by his performance against Ohio State. It really did not seem like he was doing much but he still had 9 catches and 2 TDs. Not bad for a slow day at the office.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Cooper I think is illustrated well by his performance against Ohio State. It really did not seem like he was doing much but he still had 9 catches and 2 TDs. Not bad for a slow day at the office.
Lol are you serious....

He is a quick receiver so he is gonna get you lots of under 3 4 yards catches that's a given especially in college especially with his amount of targets coming his way.

Bama was destroying Ohio St. with the run game like they do most teams. Derrick Henry who i love watching, Yeldon and even Sims was getting it in 1st half. Cooper first TD was something he been eating off of all year. Teams playing single coverage and biting on play action. His second TD came at the end of the game and it was pitch and catch as the corner literally gave him a gimmie. Outside of that he was a non factor.