My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Lol are you serious....

He is a quick receiver so he is gonna get you lots of under 3 4 yards catches that's a given especially in college especially with his amount of targets coming his way.

Bama was destroying Ohio St. with the run game like they do most teams. Derrick Henry who i love watching, Yeldon and even Sims was getting it in 1st half. Cooper first TD was something he been eating off of all year. Teams playing single coverage and biting on play action. His second TD came at the end of the game and it was pitch and catch as the corner literally gave him a gimmie. Outside of that he was a non factor.

You should just give it a rest. You're posting about what an explosive player Watkins is and ripping Cooper and their measurables are almost identical. I prefer White but comparing Cooper to Eddie Royal is a joke.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
You should just give it a rest. You're posting about what an explosive player Watkins is and ripping Cooper and their measurables are almost identical. I prefer White but comparing Cooper to Eddie Royal is a joke.
Ok they have the same height but not the same build and definitely not the same skill set You look silly by even saying that.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Ok they have the same height but not the same build and definitely not the same skill set You look silly by even saying that.
I dont think i even gotta debate who is more explosive between the 2 in this thread that is a given. Watkins hands down.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

Silly... Ok...

Amari Cooper - WR - Crimson Tide
John Parolin of ESPN's Stats & Information Group statistically compares Alabama WR Amari Cooper to Sammy Watkins, Chad Jackson and Tavon Austin.
"Cooper's total measurables best compare to Watkins," he wrote. "Both receivers stand almost 6-1 and 211 pounds with almost identical arm lengths and wingspans. Cooper has similar vertical jump numbers to Watkins, but is over one-third of a second faster in the 20-yard shuttle run." Colleague Kevin Weidl understands the Watkins comparison, but believes a better comparable is Jordy Nelson. "Although Nelson is slightly bigger, both are extremely detailed route runners who have the ability to create separation at all three levels and show excellent field and situational awareness for the position," Weidl wrote.
Source: ESPN Insider Apr 3 - 11:13 PM

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Hope you talking about making people bite on his routes because he doesnt bring you a wow factor after the catch.

I am convinced you're actually blind and type using Braille. The spin move that causes two players to miss, look silly and run into each other is the definition of wow. Just because he makes everything look so easy doesn't make it so.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Silly... Ok...

John Parolin of ESPN's Stats & Information Group statistically compares Alabama WR Amari Cooper to Sammy Watkins, Chad Jackson and Tavon Austin.
"Cooper's total measurables best compare to Watkins," he wrote. "Both receivers stand almost 6-1 and 211 pounds with almost identical arm lengths and wingspans. Cooper has similar vertical jump numbers to Watkins, but is over one-third of a second faster in the 20-yard shuttle run." Colleague Kevin Weidl understands the Watkins comparison, but believes a better comparable is Jordy Nelson. "Although Nelson is slightly bigger, both are extremely detailed route runners who have the ability to create separation at all three levels and show excellent field and situational awareness for the position," Weidl wrote.
I agree with this in general but blowing off a 2" difference as slightly bigger is a bit of spin.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Silly... Ok...

There measurables are the same but they have different skill sets. Watkins has a physical style of play maybe its because he is stronger or his track back ground. I have no clue why you even posted a scouts take on there measurables.

So if i post scouts saying Kevin White measurables compare to Julio Jones, Demryius Thomas and Fitz tells us he is the second coming?

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
There measurables are the same but they have different skill sets. Watkins has a physical style of play maybe its because he is stronger or his track back ground. I have no clue why you even posted a scouts take on there measurables.

So if i post scouts saying Kevin White measurables compare to Julio Jones, Demryius Thomas and Fitz tells us he is the second coming?

As I've said throughout this thread, I would prefer White to Cooper but I think it is foolish to trash Cooper or his talent. I will be happy with either player if they go WR at 7.
Take a look at Daniel Jeremiah's big board. He prefers White too but has Cooper right behind him. He's not just some talking head either he was a pro scout for several years and part of that time with the Ravens. Here's his top 50 prospects...

"After getting an opportunity to watch more tape on all of the top prospects in the 2015 NFL Draft, including circling back to some game tape from the 2013 season, I've made a few changes to the Top 50 list.

The only new addition to the list is Oregon offensive tackle Jake Fisher. He's a skilled pass blocker, and the more I studied his game the more impressed I was with Fisher's ability in the running game.

After checking with some teams on Georgia running back Todd Gurley's medical situation, I felt comfortable enough to slide him above Wisconsin's Melvin Gordon as the top running back in this draft class.

One of the tougher things to sort out in the Top 50 is the ranking of the wide receivers. Last year's draft class was loaded, but this year's class is not far behind.

For full analysis, click on the player's name.

Rank Name Pos College Class Conf Last Rank Difference Latest Headline
1 Williams, Leonard DE USC Junior Pac-12 1 -- Jeremiah: Williams is 'definition of game-changer'
03/24/2015
2 White, Kevin WR West Virginia Senior Big 12 2 -- White: 'I bring a lot more to the table' than Amari Cooper
03/31/2015
3 Cooper, Amari WR Alabama Junior SEC 3 -- Zierlein: Cooper is draft's top receiver
03/18/2015

4 Fowler, Jr., Dante OLB Florida Junior SEC 4 -- Zierlein: Fowler is draft's top edge rusher
03/24/2015"

http://www.nfl.com/top50

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:
RisWell would be against drafting Jerry Rice. He's just spewing bullshit out because he doesn't want to draft a WR in round 1. This is the guy who said we had plenty of great receivers after we traded Marshall and before we signed Royal.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
RisWell would be against drafting Jerry Rice. He's just spewing bullshit out because he doesn't want to draft a WR in round 1. This is the guy who said we had plenty of great receivers after we traded Marshall and before we signed Royal.
We do have good receivers and Cooper aint being drafted by Chicago to do what ride the bench. He doesnt return kicks.

Alson and Wilson are #1 and #2, Royal, Bennett, Forte covers the rest. Morgan or a late round rookie can fill the 4 and 5 spot.

Cooper aint beating Wilson thats for sure. Wilson did his thing in college also. If it wasnt for him quitting on his team and then going all out on his coach for being a racist he probably would of been a 2 or 3 round pick if he finished his junior year strong.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
We do have good receivers and Cooper aint being drafted by Chicago to do what ride the bench. He doesnt return kicks.

Alson and Wilson are #1 and #2, Royal, Bennett, Forte covers the rest. Morgan or a late round rookie can fill the 4 and 5 spot.

Cooper aint beating Wilson thats for sure. Wilson did his thing in college also. If it wasnt for him quitting on his team and then going all out on his coach for being a racist he probably would of been a 2 or 3 round pick if he finished his junior year strong.

ok now you're just being ridiculous. cooper would be our #1 receiver from day 1.

BearDen

High Ranking Member
Liked Posts:

Are you trolling or just really fucking stupid?

RisWell

Liked Posts:
Well this thread gonna be alive for awhile so we gonna find out if Cooper really a #1 or if im just a troll who dont know shit.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I think this thread should be changed to Kevin White vs Devante Parker

Amari Cooper is in a tier above these two and I think Parker might be the better pro prospect. He doesn't have White's deep speed, release or run after the catch ability but I would argue that Parker's routes, hands and ability to win jump balls is a lot better.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kevin white and cooper are the only realistic choices at 7 as far as wr goes white has a higher ceiling imo but cooper is a more polished and ready day 1 starter...that being said id take white

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we drafted Cooper and/or White I guarantee they would start. #1 or #1A/#1B or #2, they would be on the field for sure. Wilson is not a #2, he's barely a #3. Royal is really the #3, possession guy. Wilson is still an unknown with some upside.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kevin white and cooper are the only realistic choices at 7 as far as wr goes white has a higher ceiling imo but cooper is a more polished and ready day 1 starter...that being said id take white

i'm a huge WVU fan too and I root for all their prospects but for some reason I can't go with White over Cooper. White had a great year but it's hard to go with a "one year wonder" over a proven (3 year) receiver in a pro style offense.